So???  

1,032 members have voted

1. 1. So???

• Cool
    • Oh dear!
    • It'll grow on me
    • Muse just killed themselves

I don't hate it, and I'm sure it will grow on me eventually and may not get skipped when I'm playing the album, but it's easily my least favorite so far.

5/10, just not my cup of tea - should have been a b-side :(

and THIS is why they should've made more tracks.. even if some were low budget or whatever..

It's just as basic as Supermassive, Time Is Running Out, Starlight, Map of the Problematique, Assassin, Bliss, The Small Print, Sunburn and so many others.

I think this track is great.At least it's something different from Muse, unlike Unnatural Selection, which is obviously an OoS fan pleaser rather than anything new. That's not to say that US isn't great either.

i hope being an OoS fan doesn't become a derogative thing.. because come on.. who's not?

i do get what you mean however and i dont think i'm the stereotypical 'ME WANTS OOS2' fan.. but U.S. as well as USOE are still my two favourite resistance songs live :D

I've allways found Muse songs have developed live over time. They allways start out sounding so raw. Look how Absolution songs sounded when they first started touring, it was a very raw sound.

This.

It's all in the small things. Little tidbits added to songs as time wears on; SMBH has that extra C-Bb in the main riff type thing, Knights of Cydonia has that Abbey Road solo now, and all those extra guitar flourishes mid-song. UD has a lot of room for improvement, but it will certainly improve.

Edit: My concern is with getting enough listens in as possible before the song ends up on Twatlight. :facepalm:

As I have said many times over the weekend (inc on my facebook page) this is a definate replacement for my all time fav Muse song of Citizen and sure to be a sobfest for me in future gigs - beautifully written lyrics and my god, Matts voice surely gets better and better.....roll on 14th <3

HB

I think this song is beautiful. You just have to be opened minded that's all, because it's probably one of the most unusual songs Muse have ever done, well the most different to their usual style, especially the live version with the keytar. The keytar was probably just the closest they could get to the recorded sound which has been made by computer but I loved it actually.

Matts vocals were fantastic, possibly the best they've ever been on a live performance of a ballad type song. To me, he seems to be coming out of himself more and is less afraid of what his non rock voice sounds like and he's got a really lovely voice, he shouldn't be afraid of it. I need to listen more to get my head round what slap base is, but it sounded good.

This isn't mainstream either, it's nothing like the average pop love song that we're hearing on the radio all the time. I have never been into Depeche Mode or Duran Duran, that was my heavy rock phase, so it's a new type of experience for me too, but I'm enjoying it.:D

I think its also worth a mention, the blind alley that the reviewer took us up who said he sings "I want to exorcise the demons in your soul" :LOL:. That was rather strange!:LOL:. "I want to exorcise the demons in your past" has a completely different meaning, and doesn't sound strange at all.

PS I think its really insulting to say this song is one that will appeal to chavs. I think that's way off and shows quite a lot of ignorance, I think. of the difference between generic mass market crap and music of quality.

As I have said many times over the weekend (inc on my facebook page) this is a definate replacement for my all time fav Muse song of Citizen and sure to be a sobfest for me in future gigs - beautifully written lyrics and my god, Matts voice surely gets better and better.....roll on 14th <3

HB

sure youre not mistaking it for unnatural selection?

It sounded great on Friday, well, simple, but beautifully performed. Maybe they were put off a bit by the cameras last night which is a shame. It must be quite nerve racking though doing new stuff which is so different to anything you've done before, and that you've not practiced a great deal, in that glare of publicity.

On the other hand it may just be that different fans have different tastes.

Guest QueenOfNerds

I love and hate this song.

Love it cos it's great, very sexy vocals.

Hate it cos it's about some bird from Itally.... can't remember her name.......

nope just can't remember.

Archived