Do You Like United States of Eurasia?  

873 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Like United States of Eurasia?

• Love It
    • Neither Love Nor Hate
    • Hate It

ok i love it.

i liked it anyway but with the whole not being able to hear a full song thing it was really doing my head in and making me not wanna listen to it. but i REALLY like it now. and my brother who hates both muse and queen put it on his ipod and keeps playing it downstairs :D

its really really good

The end part sounds like parts of the soundtrack to the original war of the worlds

I just listened to it for the first time.

And the ending definitely made me giggle. It sounded way too silly.

But then i listened to it again. And i love it. :happy:

Im sure everyone had the same reaction when they first listened to it, but the thing is, if everyone dismissed a song just because the first time they heard wasn't appealing... then no one would really like muse. imho.[/QUOTE]

+ 1 to all of it

+ sideways 8 to the bold underlined bit :D

Did you read my following post? Which outlined a response to some of the objections people raised.

If so then tell me what it is you are attempting to express with this infantile post.

He probably either meant "Mainstream doesn't mean bad", or "Muse have always been mainstream".

I guess both statements would be true. But that doesn't negate your comments about you not thinking its very original. Although I would personally say that not even the Beatles were original, so to expect it of Muse is abit much. But thats just me.

I guess both statements would be true. But that doesn't negate your comments about you not thinking its very original. Although I would personally say that not even the Beatles were original, so to expect it of Muse is abit much. But thats just me.

True- no one is completely original, and if they were it probably wouldn't appeal to anyone. Especially not me. But still, bands can take a new angle, progress, heck Muse have done it (as I said in my other posts, and gave examples), its not impossible in my view.

ok i love it.

i liked it anyway but with the whole not being able to hear a full song thing it was really doing my head in and making me not wanna listen to it. but i REALLY like it now. and my brother who hates both muse and queen put it on his ipod and keeps playing it downstairs :D

its really really good

The end part sounds like parts of the soundtrack to the original war of the worlds

How do you download it to put on iTunes?

Yah, it's pretty sad when you try to have an honest debate between two differing opinions that burn down into an "internet lingo dismissal". I am still jumping in my seat waiting for the new album to be released. This new song does nothing to damper my excitement because I am sure there will be 10 other tracks of awesomeness to come.

9, "I belong to you" will suck :p

The song feels like one of their "intro songs" like it should be the first track. Feels like "take a bow" or "apocalypse please". I don't see why everyone is making a big fuss like it's the first single. That being said, I love it, feels like something completely different, while still keeping that "muse quality".

P.S. what is with Matt's pronunciation of his P's. Unpwoven and Pwomise...haha what's up with him. :LOL:

I really quite like it. It won't make my list of favourite Muse songs, but I enjoy it a lot regardless. I think people are taking it more seriously than it's intended to be taken, or maybe they simply expected something serious and were thrown off by how crazy this is... I admit it took some getting used to - I don't think I've ever seen Muse take themselves so nonseriously before (with the exception of a few mimed performances, perhaps), but as a bit of a laugh and a pretty epic homeage to bands before them, this is damn good fun.

It's as if they were crafting a little nod to Queen when their heads fell right off and rolled all the way into Freddie Mecury's grave - and it's freaking brilliant! The we are the champions build is both epic and hilarious, as is the "EURASIA! SIA! SIA! SIA!" ending.

I'm looking forward to some more serious rock from the new album, but this is enough to keep me going until Uprising gets its single release. :)

So exciting:D - my first point of call when I get in from work and "Eurasha, Eurasha, Eurasha, Eurasha!" :LOL: Brilliant and funny as well - now to catch up on at least some of the posts including one I just saw that it may not be a real song at all!:LOL:

I loving the whole song, especially the ending. It's epic. I know some people are feeling disapointed by the lack of any heavy guitar riffs and such, but i'd be happier to have an album like this from start to finish myself!

Archived