Do You Like United States of Eurasia?  

873 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Like United States of Eurasia?

• Love It
    • Neither Love Nor Hate
    • Hate It

Oh my god! Me too (See Artemecia). I did Politics at Uni so I'll probably be incorporating a fair bit of theory ala Moby Dick. But thats a ways away yet.

:D Yeah I'm an impatient person, but I understand that writing an epic, critically-adored and academically-praised novel that is still essentially "underground" fiction requires many years of hard work, learning and tweaking so I'm looking at like a long-term thing despite having a rough idea of where I want it to go.

This is weird lol what else are you into? It appears Muse fans do often share similarities... but there again I think we all have some kind of eternal bond anyway :LOL::rolleyes:

:LOL:

Well, I am;)

But on and off I did spend a lot of time in the UK and for my work I hardly ever communicate in another language:)

I'm in the US now, and will be flying back from Cambridge to go to Ahoy;)

Cambridge in England, or is there one in America?

That's awesome, we'll have a proper English conversation at Ahoy and baffle everyone... then I'll embarrass myself with my poor excuse for speaking Dutch :D

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this before, but I was just talking to my mate about the new song and he just pointed out that the strings in the song bear a striking resemblance to music from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

It's not an exact copy or anything, but it is quite similar. Check it out and see what you think

It starts at around the 0:23 mark

Yeah it's been mentioned before... expect matt to be wearing and Indiana Jones outfit and swinging from the ceilings with a whip for the live performance of USoE :LOL:

That is not true. It is Italian for "like a harp".

A broken chord becomes an arpeggio if it is:

1) relatively fast/flowing

2) mostly one way - small deviations are allowed, but the overall trend has to be unidirectional or sinoidal.

The thing you are right about is that it doesn't have to span an octave.

:yesey:

To conclude on this fine explanation:

Arpeggios are a broken chord BUT all broken chords are NOT arpeggios...

Cambridge in England, or is there one in America?

That's awesome, we'll have a proper English conversation at Ahoy and baffle everyone... then I'll embarrass myself with my poor excuse for speaking Dutch :D

It's England, three month visit:happy:

There is also one in Massachussets I think.

And I'll do my best at Ahoy, let's see;):LOL:

To conclude on this fine explanation:

Arpeggios are a broken chord BUT all broken chords are NOT arpeggios...

That sounds excellent:D:yesey:

It's England, three month visit:happy:

There is also one in Massachussets I think.

And I'll do my best at Ahoy, let's see;):LOL:

:

:D I can definitely foresee the Ahoy meet being fun... especially if I get one of those Heineken hats with the drinking tubes... ;)

Btw, I only discovered it 2 weeks ago, but Hap Snap = best fast food chain EVER :D mmm ham/kaas uitsmijter!

:D I can definitely foresee the Ahoy meet being fun... especially if I get one of those Heineken hats with the drinking tubes... ;)

Btw, I only discovered it 2 weeks ago, but Hap Snap = best fast food chain EVER :D mmm ham/kaas uitsmijter!

Me too:D

And go get a hat, excellent idea:LOL:

And I've never been to the Hap Snap:$

I'll try it someday now you're referring to it:yesey:

How did you end up in Holland by the way?:erm::)

A couple of things...

For the people saying he might yell EURASIA in the next fragment, I don't think that would make sense. I think the lyrics are supposed to be "there can only be one 'United states, united states of...' "meaning America can be the only one. So having Eurasia wouldn't make sense. Just a thought.

Also, this song sounds very similar to Glorious... try listening to them back to back.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this before, but I was just talking to my mate about the new song and he just pointed out that the strings in the song bear a striking resemblance to music from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

It's not an exact copy or anything, but it is quite similar. Check it out and see what you think

It starts at around the 0:23 mark

As I said in a previous post it does remind me of the Bolero de Maurice Ravel... The ballet of Maurice Bégart with Jorge Donn is the best live show I've ever seen... for the moment as I'm going to see Muse this Autumn for my first time:D:D

Look at this video (it will enhance your culture)

As it's a very long creshendo (it's already cut but still very long) you can go to 3:40 but you'll miss the mood it'supposed to drive you in... ;)

And here is another one, a sung one that appears in the French movie The ones and the others (it's my translation) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_XdRa2oMR0

;);)

I personally think that its unclear yet whether it will be America or Eurasia in view of the title, but maybe it will be America to provide a twist. I think both would make sense. There can only be one USA, there can also only be one USE though that would be immensely more complicated. Then there's also the comment on America being involved in the last stage of the treasure hunt even though it doesn't feature on the map, so for that reason it sounds like it may well be America.

I wonder what Matt's wishes are - does he want a USE? If that were possible, would it cause a cold war like in 1984. I can fully understand the argument against American supremacy but Tony Blair (and I know many can't stand him but I personally think he's genuine) tried to campaign and is still campaigning for a united world! But then saying that, the wish was for a united capitalist, liberal democratic world which leads back to American supremacy.

For the people saying he might yell EURASIA in the next fragment, I don't think that would make sense. I think the lyrics are supposed to be "there can only be one 'United states, united states of...' "meaning America can be the only one. So having Eurasia wouldn't make sense. Just a thought.

I think he might leave it out completely, to make it ambiguous. That's what I think would work best, at least.

USoE... highs and lows

Hiiighs

+awesome piano ballad intro that bursts into craziness unexpectedly!

+fusion of genres and melodies

+that BASS!

+Arabian strings (similar to CoD but not as good, imo)

+effective dwumming!

+tooooo dust!

+pwomise :happy:

+the random twists the whole song seems to take that make it sound ridiculous, kinda spinal tap, kinda glam-rock piss-take, but all just work to be funny and quality And genius all at the same time! :D

+OTT, epic, wtf, lol-worthy choooon - it's different, an I likes it! :awesome:

+the surprising nature of the song... no one can honestly say they were expecting to hear something quite like this! Thanks for keeping us guessing Mooze :D!

Lows

+stealing from Queen :p

+stealing from Indiana Jones (haha... not as much, tbh it just sounds similar, not stolen!)

+Uniteddd Sttaaaaaaaaaaaaates ... of ?? not feeling it much. Doesn't ruin the song, but doesn't really work that well.

+recycling CoD's lyrics. They're practically identical in places!

+not sure if this is a 'low' but I almost can't tell if this song is taking the piss or they're being serious because of the song's message. There seems to be a bit of a clash there for me. Are they being pompous with the OTTness or just laughing at themselves?! Again, not sure it's a low, as I love OTT Muse, but it jibes a lil bit with the politically-driven message behind it... and especially the srsness of the 'project' itself, lolz!

It sounds a tad like a sequel to both City Of Delusion and Knights Of Cydonia.

:eek: I like those ones! :LOL:

I wasn't too keen when all you could hear was the Queen-esque intro but really liking how it goes from then on.

I Know!! I started humming the Indiana Jones theme as soon as I first heard USoE, I had this Temple of Doon atari game a long long time ago and in the level with the little mine carts that Eastern theme was playing over and over again, so it's one of those things that'll be stuck in my head forever.

:LOL: I think I had the same game, except it was on nintendo!

I figure that's why it came so naturally back to me when I heard it - "ZOMG! INDY! :eek:"

They just pwomise....

:LOL:, cracks me up every time...

Exactly! :LOL:

I thought I was the only one who could hear it 'cos not many people seem to have mentioned it. Lol, Matt's trying to be all serious and dramatic with his 'pwomise' and 'tooo duust!' Fail :LOL::p!

What about holding "the waynes"...? :LOL: I had no clue what he was actually saying until I saw it on musewiki!

It sounds a tad like a sequel to both City Of Delusion and Knights Of Cydonia.

Those are the best songs to compare it to, but I still think it stands out as its own song without being cast as a Part 2 of anything. To me, it's quite different to the majority of Muse's back catalogue... especially with all the dramatic twists it takes... but I can def hear the similarities with those BH&R tracks... which can only be a good thing as they're :awesome:!

:LOL: Oh Matt! :facepalm: I didn't notice that one as much as pwomise, but it's true... almost all the prominent 'r's are pronounced wrong.. I mean wong ;)!

It's part of his charm :D

One of my favorites is glorious - awesome epic beginning music, gets you all ready, then the lyrics start "wwwwwwwrrooooooooossssssse " :LOL::awesome:

It's part of his charm :D

One of my favorites is glorious - awesome epic beginning music, gets you all ready, then the lyrics start "wwwwwwwrrooooooooossssssse " :LOL::awesome:

LOL exactly! :LOL: Bless his cottons! Guess he could never be a political leader/influential figure... none of us would be able to take him seriously! :chuckle:

And lolol at that Muse/Queen mix! I couldn't tell which was which... (jk) :p!

Archived