Do You Like United States of Eurasia?  

873 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Like United States of Eurasia?

• Love It
    • Neither Love Nor Hate
    • Hate It

It's part of his charm :D

One of my favorites is glorious - awesome epic beginning music, gets you all ready, then the lyrics start "wwwwwwwrrooooooooossssssse " :LOL::awesome:

:LOL::LOL:

When I first listen to the first part of USoE I thought Matt sang:

"these walls they can't be wown"

Srsly I did :$ it's not until I check the lyrics on Musewiki that I discovered that a) there was an "R" and it was war and that b) for once there wasn't a "silent r/w" and it was just won...

Srsly I did :$ it's not until I check the lyrics on Musewiki that I discovered that a) there was an "R" and it was war and that b) for once there wasn't a "silent r/w" and it was just won...

:LOL: You're forgiven for thinking that... srsly, no one can understand anything that guy says, whether in speech or song! Aww whenever I hear him say 'pwomise' he sounds like some little kid whose parents pwomised him something but then didn't deliver and now he's mad about it in a song he made up... lol :$

This one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy9r0uEPvg4

Dunno about the drunk guy playing it :stunned:

:LOL: @ the narration!

but no, that actually wasn't it... thinking more about it, it may have been super nintendo :$ It was newer.... But there were mine carts and the music ;)

I was able to figure that part out from the context, but I think he was kinda singing funny there... makes me want to say:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKFGREngKC0

:p

:LOL: You're forgiven for thinking that... srsly, no one can understand anything that guy says, whether in speech or song! Aww whenever I hear him say 'pwomise' he sounds like some little kid whose parents pwomised him something but then didn't deliver and now he's mad about it in a song he made up... lol :$

I know - it always make me feel better to know that even English people don't understand him! :LOL: That's why I can't wait to hear how he's gonna sound in French (he does realise that we pwonounce the "R" even moaw than in English, wight??!!) :p

I think the pwomise is gonna become a classic (same status as pwopar)!!

I know - it always make me feel better to know that even English people don't understand him! :LOL: That's why I can't wait to hear how he's gonna sound in French (he does realise that we pwonounce the "R" even moaw than in English, wight??!!) :p

I think the pwomise is gonna become a classic (same status as pwopar)!!

Haha, ohhh the Matt-sings-in-French fiasco is gonna be hilarious! I can't wait for us all to go :wtf: in synch!

And hell yeaaahh pwomise needs the same status as pwopah! We'll all be talking like mumbling Mattehs soon enough :rolleyes: lol!

And Dom is a bit of a queen, so that's another connection :yesey:

:p

:LOL:... that's quite a euphemism for our Dom! He's more like a flaming fairy. OMG he's the Faerie Queene?!!!11 :pope:

I mentioned this before on the treasure hunt thread, but can't anyone else hear Matt hit a wrong note the second time he sings 'UNITED STAAATES', when he's doing the warbly bit and coming down?

Cause it's really bugging me.

Don't get me wrong, I love the song and I love queen.

I mentioned this before on the treasure hunt thread, but can't anyone else hear Matt hit a wrong note the second time he sings 'UNITED STAAATES', when he's doing the warbly bit and coming down?

Cause it's really bugging me.

Don't get me wrong, I love the song and I love queen.

:LOL: I was wondering what bit you were going on about.

You muppet. :p It's not a bum note! He's shouting "of". You can't bum spoken word :LOL:

EDIT: actually I doubt its this bit your on about

DBL EDIT: It's not a bum note, it sounds odd as a result of the backing strings. But those are intentionally off.

Bellamy singing in French is pure speculation, could be just a french title for something instrumental into the song (huh or some french lover who knows :p).

"Bonsoir Paris, this is a song for you" :LOL:

Actually, it was mentioned in a full album review of The Resistance. The source is a little shaky, but they reviewed USoE fairly accurately, and it wouldn't make much sense for them to lie about Matt singing in French. It's wholly possible... and should be lolzy :p:

'I Belong To You (+ Mon Coeur S'ouvre A Ta Voix)' - Title borrowed from Samson et Dalila Opera. Astonishing offbeat rhythm. Towards the end of the song Matt’s French singing is as incomprehensible as the arrival of the clarinet.

Bellamy singing in French is pure speculation, could be just a french title for something instrumental into the song (huh or some french lover who knows :p).

"Bonsoir Paris, this is a song for you" :LOL:

Actually the bit about Matt singing in French comes from a music journalist from "L'Express" magazine who listened to the album and made a review of it on the mag website so not really speculation there...

I quote:

"At the end of the track Matt's French singing is as incomprehensible as the arrival of the clarinet" :LOL:

Matt's fwench singing pwomises to be a pwopah tweat foh all of us!!! :LOL:

:LOL: I was wondering what bit you were going on about.

You muppet. :p It's not a bum note! He's shouting "of". You can't bum spoken word :LOL:

EDIT: actually I doubt its this bit your on about

You're right, I don't mean the 'of', it's while he's still singing 'STATES'.

"At the end of the track Matt's French singing is as incomprehensible as the arrival of the clarinet" :LOL:

I so want to hear that !!! :D

EDIT : Matt, if you read this, I can give you french lessons... At least you'll sing pwopa french at the gigs :LOL::LOL:

this song is so strange... i like it..i think so..i want to listen the hold track till i'm sure of my opinion but i definitly don't like when matt sing united states of...

i dunno i have the strange feeling that when the treasure hunt ends and we have the complete song they'll say...'naaaaa, that was just a joke. This is the real song'

i dunno, the lack of sleep has make me little paranoid...

DBL EDIT: It's not a bum note, it sounds odd as a result of the backing strings. But those are intentionally off.

Maybe you're right, but it still sounds fishy to me.

It could be one of those things that sounds fine when the next part is added.

Or he's doing wrong on purpose to mess with our heads, and the next part will involve Matt singing in a different key to everyone else, rapping, yodeling, and animal noises =P

i dunno i have the strange feeling that when the treasure hunt ends and we have the complete song they'll say...'naaaaa, that was just a joke. This is the real song'

i dunno, the lack of sleep has make me little paranoid...

That thought had also crossed my mind, though I really love it. I wouldn't want to lose it or it not to be on the album now. Have warmed to it more and more.

I love the drama of the instrumentals and Matt's voice (and his rather adorable way of speaking/singing - I never noticed before it was pointed out - though feeling slightly uncomfortable about that) and I have completely lost the "Oh its Queen" thought now and being taken aback by it. It's pure Muse now, but I am still confused about whether it's meant to be serious or not as the subject matter appears to be serious.

Archived