Do You Like United States of Eurasia?  

873 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Like United States of Eurasia?

• Love It
    • Neither Love Nor Hate
    • Hate It

You're missing a hell of a lot. All the b-sides and many rare tracks are for sale.

In other words, Muselive are getting traffic by making Muse lose money.

Big freakin deal.

Honestly.. Matt and Dom have said already they download other band's music illegally and that they don't give a rat's ass if someone downloads theirs that way. They're completely in favour downloading music in other ways than using iTunes. Chances are, if you're a Muse fan, you'll buy the albums and tracks anyway. I know several others, myself included, that have done that.

Big freakin deal.

Honestly.. Matt and Dom have said already they download other band's music illegally and that they don't give a rat's ass if someone downloads theirs that way. They're completely in favour downloading music in other ways than using iTunes. Chances are, if you're a Muse fan, you'll buy the albums and tracks anyway. I know several others, myself included, that have done that.

Its not Muse's decision to make. They don't own their own music, Warner do.

By making live tracks and b-sides available it renders studio work obselete to some people. Why would a casual muse fan buy Hullabaloo for example when the entire track list is available for download on muselive? Why bother buying studio albums when you can download live stuff for free no hassle at all (seeing as Muse are more renowned for their live stuff anyway)

I know most of them are for sale now on iTunes, and I agree they should be taken down (though I'm sure they aren't all on there. I've searched and only a few of them were verified). I'm thinking of tracks like Dead Star and IYW. Sorry, I must sound like a complete numpty. I just remember you were one of the people defending muselive when that whole arguement with Popey happened, so was a bit confused.

Honestly, the band and management went through trouble to get those track on iTunes and have been very kind to Muselive given that Warner are Muse's record label.

No other bands I know of let their fansites get away with that. And it's a complete mockery of the band that once a new b-side is released, it goes on Muselive within a month and the band get no money for their music. Besides, it's all on Spotify now.

I'm sorry but if 20th July was a release date, the single would be getting air play by now. To anyone thinking that do remember that this person said that this radio station said they would be receiving the song on 20th July right? It's not a release date as muselive seem to assume it is going to be.

Just incase this still isn't clear.

Honestly, the band and management went through trouble to get those track on iTunes and have been very kind to Muselive given that Warner are Muse's record label.

No other bands I know of let their fansites get away with that. And it's a complete mockery of the band that once a new b-side is released, it goes on Muselive within a month and the band get no money for their music. Besides, it's all on Spotify now.

Not for those in the states. I think I only used SYS when Who Knows Who leaked. It is really strange how the management's so forgiving to ML though.

The physical release of the single will no way be on the 20th of July, but the first play and digital release could definitely be then. We won't get b-sides or anything though till the physical release which won't be until a week or two before the release of the album.

Aye, I agree. I was just confused. Sorry. :$

I'm sorry but if 20th July was a release date, the single would be getting air play by now. To anyone thinking that do remember that this person said that this radio station said they would be receiving the song on 20th July right? It's not a release date as muselive seem to assume it is going to be.

Just incase this still isn't clear.

Its not, its all rampant speculation :LOL:

It only happens every 3 years

By making live tracks and b-sides available it renders studio work obselete to some people. Why would a casual muse fan buy Hullabaloo for example when the entire track list is available for download on muselive? Why bother buying studio albums when you can download live stuff for free no hassle at all (seeing as Muse are more renowned for their live stuff anyway)

I'll concede that having the whole of Hullabaloo up for download there is a bit iffy. I have both the CD and DVD, so I technically have all the tracks anyway, but I will admit that I still downloaded the ones that aren't on the CD from there, purely because it is handy and convenient to have them all as MP3's that I can listen to and easily skip between.

However, I fail to see what the problem is with having their live stuff on there, apart from live stuff that was sold later on disc medium. I am aware that Warner owns their studio music, but does this still apply to their live performances? I seem to remember when Haarp was released people were discussing how Muse can play whatever songs they want live no matter what Warner might say because Warner do not own their live performances.

And also, a great deal of their live performances that can be downloaded on MP3 for free via Muselive are also on Youtube anyway ... for free. So I fail to see what is wrong with this either. Plus, these recordings are never as good a quality as the studio recordings. Many of them are lacking on the bottom end, for example. And their live performances of the songs change a lot, and they are certainly quite different from the studio versions in many cases. I honestly don't know a single person that would rather go onto Muselive and download not so great quality live performances of their songs rather than just download (illegally from things like Limewire or legally through iTunes) their studio releases.

By making live tracks and b-sides available it renders studio work obselete to some people.

Not in every case. I'd rather have the studio version of Crying Shame and I definitely prefer a studio version of Hyper Music over their live counterparts any day of any month of any year. The specific live versions of songs that I wanna hear live are up for download but are all bad quality. I don't wanna have to crank my volume to hear jumbled noise and have the track finish and make my ears bleed when it moves to the next artist.

Why would a casual muse fan buy Hullabaloo for example when the entire track list is available for download on muselive?

They'd buy it because it's not on Muselive. If it is, I haven't seen Hullaballo on there. Correct me if I'm wrong, Muselive won't let you put studio albums up unless they are rare. Obviously not rare anymore though, seeing as to how most of it is up on iTunes.

Why bother buying studio albums when you can download live stuff for free no hassle at all (seeing as Muse are more renowned for their live stuff anyway)

Because there's only a handful of live gigs that are of good enough quality to be worth listening to. They're renowned for their live performances not just because of the audio, but because of the energy in their shows. You can only get a glimpse of that from the audio. When you actually watch their shows, that's when you get the feeling of how much they put into each performance.

I can listen to a bad quality of the performance where Matt is crashed over his amp playing Bliss. I can hear what he's playing but I can't hear what he's doing. When I see the video of that performance, I get the full idea of it and that's where you get

"These guys are incredible when they play live". That's why it's called a show.

If you guys are complaining about Muselive, complain about torrents and just about any other p2p because Muselive isn't the only place you can get Muse's music.

I've seen them again and again make tracks like MotP RC edit, a track exclusive to buy of this website, available free to download. How is that fair to Muse or the fans that paid to buy the track?

I have no issue with Muselive hosting bootlegs and I know Muse and the management haven't done either (although Muse being perfectionists with regards to their own music are being fairly tolerant). The same goes with tracks that Muse don't want to sell like promo-only tracks and EP tracks etc.That stuff wouldn't be available otherwise and Muse don't sell it. But I think as a fansite that is allowed to get away with hosting so much Muse music they should have some respect for the band's property and not host anything and everything.

Archived