Do You Like United States of Eurasia?  

873 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Like United States of Eurasia?

• Love It
    • Neither Love Nor Hate
    • Hate It

The problem is that Muselive is the largest fansite for Muse, with over 60,000 members and a lot of people rely on them for news. So if anything gets put up word spreads quickly, if however the news is false then it kinda lets down all those people. The same thing occured with the radio 1 announcement of a secret gig a month or so ago. They had some guy on twitter as their source... If they are to represent muse fans and to give them news they should try to research a bit more into it before releasing it...

Exactly. That whole Radio 1 fiasco was just a waste of time. And def let us all down, when we'd had a string of 'rumoured' info that didn't materialise into anything (including the Mr. X crap with the insanely weird code lol!). Anyways, I don't want to spread all this hate on ML, they mostly get it right, I just think they shouldn't be too quick to make this into 'news' when really it's just conjecture at the mo!

Ahhh ... you are wrong as well? They are bigger than you thought. It should be >70,000 members not over 60k :LOL:

So what if that's just really a rehash of old news which do not confirm anything. But you are all assuming most if not all Muse fans would easily believe things like that. Muse fans are clever but would like to get any news/rumors/whatever we could use for guessing games/solve mystery puzzle/in search of treasure hunt/internet board discussions at times like this. If it's in the interwebz, it must be true. :) Look at how that "news" became old rumors so early in that thread.

Pedantic much :erm: Point of 60k or 70k still applies. News for lots of fans.

As for the rehashing and "Muse fans are clever", if that is so, why are they all complaining? Why did they hassle Zane Lowe? Why are there so many threads asking for opinion on songs NOT YET RELEASED? :erm:

Point is people are impatient and Muselive don't help. They fuel the problem.

To be honest when there's not much going on in museworld (i.e between albums/tours) I like reading the wild rumours and minor bits of Muse news posted on Muselive- better than hearing nothing at all. Also, don't they put a 'News' or 'Rumour' icon by each headline so you can see how truthful it's likely to be?

Yeah, iit;s not exactly like Tom's a bad guy. He probably is subject to the same excitement as the rest of us. But they don't half get Muse fans into a frenzy.

I was reading back over their archives, all the Muselive posts from 2003, like Tom telling people not to download the Absolution leak. I wonder what changed now that Muselive hosts so many commerical tracks and stuff?

Hopefully the official announcement won't be far off...at least we have the 20th as a rough date =/

Yeah, iit;s not exactly like Tom's a bad guy. He probably is subject to the same excitement as the rest of us. But they don't half get Muse fans into a frenzy.

I was reading back over their archives, all the Muselive posts from 2003, like Tom telling people not to download the Absolution leak. I wonder what changed now that Muselive hosts so many commerical tracks and stuff?

Hopefully the official announcement won't be far off...at least we have the 20th as a rough date =/

Yeah, either the 20th or...tomorrow.

I'm just basing this off of things that I think hint that it may be tomorrow.

Wouldn't put it past them but they wouldn't do themselves any favours surely, wanna get all the listeners they can.

Although if they're sending out promo CDs over next weekend...it will leak =/

Promo CDs? For who?

Wouldn't put it past them but they wouldn't do themselves any favours surely, wanna get all the listeners they can.

Although if they're sending out promo CDs over next weekend...it will leak =/

Well if they send promo CD's to radio stations yeah, it'll leak. I can also garuntee that as soon as it gets on the radio it'll be all over the net.

Well if they send promo CD's to radio stations yeah, it'll leak. I can also garuntee that as soon as it gets on the radio it'll be all over the net.

Yeah, I know someone who's gonna record it. I hope they don't use promo CDs until after it gets played so that there isn't a leak and we get the excitement of the first play and all, instead of what happened with SBH.

Yeah, I know someone who's gonna record it. I hope they don't use promo CDs until after it gets played so that there isn't a leak and we get the excitement of the first play and all, instead of what happened with SBH.

What do you mean? Don't they have to use the promo CD's as that's what has the audio? Any medium going to the radio, be it a USB stick or CD, or DVD or whatever will leak, but yeah I totally know what your saying about the first play being exciting :happy:

Mm, I know promo CDs will be used eventually, but they can just use emails or some other file delivery method, they're more secure than a CD. It's not like they need CD quality files for radio broadcasts. Just for the first preview plays. Then it won't matter when the song leaks from physical media as it would have been heard.

Mm, I know promo CDs will be used eventually, but they can just use emails or some other file delivery method, they're more secure than a CD. It's not like they need CD quality files for radio broadcasts. Just for the first preview plays. Then it won't matter when the song leaks from physical media as it would have been heard.

True! That way it wouldn't cost anyone anything! :)

THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!! :unsure::(

What happened with SMBH? I wasn't around for that, just curious.

Someone posted the lyrics on here, within an hour, the song leaked, few minutes later, muselive had it up.

Wow promos. Muselive should really not be putting actual album stuff up.

That's crazy though, how long was SMBH leaked before it was supposed to be released?

Yes, good idea. It would be really easy for Mr Bellamy to to send the file via e-mail to Mr Lowe and much, much more secure than a CD because e-mails never get intercepted, nor does anyone's inbox ever get hacked into. If the song was to be sent on a CD then there is great danger that it would get intercepted, however. Over zealous Muselive posters might manage to locate the whereabouts of the convoy transporting the CD and ambush it, killing the driver and stealing the CD-ROM to upload at Muselive and, once again, spoil everything.

Yes, good idea. It would be really easy for Mr Bellamy to to send the file via e-mail to Mr Lowe and much, much more secure than a CD because e-mails never get intercepted, nor does anyone's inbox ever get hacked into. If the song was to be sent on a CD then there is great danger that it would get intercepted, however. Over zealous Muselive posters might manage to locate the whereabouts of the convoy transporting the CD and ambush it, killing the driver and stealing the CD-ROM to upload at Muselive and, once again, spoil everything.

Sadly I wouldn't be surprised if that happened. In fact it's imminent.

Archived