Do You Like United States of Eurasia?  

873 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Like United States of Eurasia?

• Love It
    • Neither Love Nor Hate
    • Hate It

Wikipedia, the answer to a question no-one asked :happy:

Exactly, nobody officially confirmed USoE as a single yet, just rumors here and there. That much info on Wikipedia isn't necessary either, Musewiki definitely but not Wikipedia (at least yet).

Exactly, nobody officially confirmed USoE as a single yet, just rumors here and there. That much info on Wikipedia isn't necessary either, Musewiki definitely but not Wikipedia (at least yet).

I guess their just excited too.:p:LOL:

United States of Eurasia - New Single

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Says Muselive: http://www.muselive.com/index.php?m=single&id=4727

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Niall; 09-07-2009 at 02:59 AM. Reason: defailing

Hahahaha, I can only imagine what it would have originally been like! :p Nice work Niall!

Do you think it is musestu who did that on wikipedia???

Nah, it contains relevant content, grammar and references.

:LOL:

Muselive are wrong, yet again.

Tom Wilson fails at Danish. No where does it mention anything about a first single in that article being USE, just that it comes from 1984...which is most of the album. USE's name mainly comes from that book Matt mentioned on tiwtter and in NME.

It merely says "Numbers [as in songs]: United States of Eurasia with others/more".

Check the thread tags!

Even if it did say USE was first...they could have got it from Muselive. Wait for the confirmation. We're all pretty sure it's USE anyways.

Muselive are wrong, yet again.

Tom Wilson fails at Danish. No where does it mention anything about a first single in that article being USE, just that it comes from 1984...which is most of the album. USE's name mainly comes from that book Matt mentioned on tiwtter and in NME.

It merely says "Numbers [as in songs]: United States of Eurasia with others/more".

Check the thread tags!

Even if it did say USE was first...they could have got it from Muselive. Wait for the confirmation. We're all pretty sure it's USE anyways.

Well no the article doesn't say USoE is the first single but it says "Førstesinglen har lånt sin titel fra George Orwell's 1984, så det bliver næppe kedeligt..." Allow me to translate (i'm danish) "The first single lends it's name from George Orwell's 1984 so it will hardly be boring..." That combined with what you correctly said "Numre: United States of Eurasia med flere" = "Numbers (songs): USoE amongst others"... Well you don't have to be a genius to connect the dots... I know it doesn't say concretly that the first single is USoE but...

^ +1 ...wut?

Anyhooooo, I guess we're all about 90% sure USofE will be the next single, but it hasn't been confirmed. I love that Muselive decide to make that 'official' news when nothing has really been confirmed yet... I'm not sure how some Danish magazine can count as legit, but oh wells. It's most prob true, but they shouldn't get everyone's hopes up :p.

Too much beef :erm:

Simply put, Muselive are amalgamating snippets of info and hints about the first single and trying to pass it off as news. Nothing has been confirmed, so to try and claim you know it already is a step too far.

Like Niall said, the danish media might have seen Muselive. A lot of lazy music journalism just turns to fansites. NME constantly raid Muselive for easy lifting.

^ +1 ...wut?

Anyhooooo, I guess we're all about 90% sure USofE will be the next single, but it hasn't been confirmed. I love that Muselive decide to make that 'official' news when nothing has really been confirmed yet... I'm not sure how some Danish magazine can count as legit, but oh wells. It's most prob true, but they shouldn't get everyone's hopes up :p.

It wasn't even a confirmation in the magazine, it just said that the song would be on the album. Kinda stupid I think o.O

It's not that Muselive are necessarily wrong, which is why it's ironic there are arguments :LOL:

The problem is pretty minor - Muselive claim to be the awesome source of early single news, yet have no real proof. From jigsaw evidence, it looks LIKELY the first single is USoE, but that's a PROBABILITY, not their so greatly proclaimed fact :)

The problem is that Muselive is the largest fansite for Muse, with over 60,000 members and a lot of people rely on them for news. So if anything gets put up word spreads quickly, if however the news is false then it kinda lets down all those people. The same thing occured with the radio 1 announcement of a secret gig a month or so ago. They had some guy on twitter as their source... If they are to represent muse fans and to give them news they should try to research a bit more into it before releasing it...

The problem is that Muselive is the largest fansite for Muse, with over 60,000 members and a lot of people rely on them for news. So if anything gets put up word spreads quickly, if however the news is false then it kinda lets down all those people. The same thing occured with the radio 1 announcement of a secret gig a month or so ago. They had some guy on twitter as their source... If they are to represent muse fans and to give them news they should try to research a bit more into it before releasing it...

Ah I see. That makes sense. I think its USoE though I mean, the map is a pretty big giveaway in itself, and I doubt they would've just coincidentally put that picture up there with the countdown.

Archived