Ah I see, thanks for clearing that up for me :) I won't be expecting an email regarding it for ages, plenty of time to get saving I reckon. I think I recall someone saying the number of people on the list was over a thousand, no doubt quite a lot of them won't actually buy one in the end though.

better way to go about it is to find out how many people were on the list on the third run because that sold out quite quickly. i would imagine the list has grown a bit more so unfortunately the situation is fairly dire.

Yeah I'll drop Adrian an emailing regarding that then, there was a few other things I needed a bit of advice on. Thanks :)

As long as you're in the first 25 to reply and commit to it, you'll get one as long as you follow it up with a deposit payment within the week. They haven't even finished this MB-1 run yet though so I wouldn't expect any announcement on the next one until the end of the summer. Just keep an eye on your inbox anyway. I was checking constantly for about 4 months waiting for that all important e-mail, haha! Paid off in the end though.

As long as you're in the first 25 to reply and commit to it, you'll get one as long as you follow it up with a deposit payment within the week. They haven't even finished this MB-1 run yet though so I wouldn't expect any announcement on the next one until the end of the summer. Just keep an eye on your inbox anyway. I was checking constantly for about 4 months waiting for that all important e-mail, haha! Paid off in the end though.

I see. Well if I happened to get an email later this year telling me I'd be in line for one I'd most likely have to pass on it until the next run since I'm paying off my CE-7, that'll take me about 6 months. I can't imagine how happy you must have been to finally see that email!

Out of interest, if I wanted some sort of additional modifications (Like Olly had his M1D1-ified) what kind of extra costs and procedures would there be? If I did get an MB-1 I don't think I'd have it turned into an M1B1 if I could, just out of respect to preserve the originality of Olly's one. At the moment I have a thing for carbon fibre :awesome:

carbon fibre will be pretty tough to get right since mb-1 isn't slab. doable as Phil would say but yeah but dunno about mansons

Aye, I think it would have to be vacuum bagged to fit the contours. I don't imagine Mansons are set up for that kind of thing. I have a new surfboard on the way which is glassed with a kevlar/carbon weave. Will post pics when it's done. The material looks badass.

carbon fibre will be pretty tough to get right since mb-1 isn't slab. doable as Phil would say but yeah but dunno about mansons

Ahh, yeah come to think of it all the carbon Manson's are flat tops.

Out of interest I looked up how carboning is done on a guitar and found this. Surely this isn't the way Manson's do theirs, it looks so easy.

[YT]

[/YT]

Someone should buy like 15 MB1s and mod them to be every Bellamy guitar ever

James?

15 007's please :awesome:

Aye, I think it would have to be vacuum bagged to fit the contours. I don't imagine Mansons are set up for that kind of thing. I have a new surfboard on the way which is glassed with a kevlar/carbon weave. Will post pics when it's done. The material looks badass.

mmm sounds good. just noticed the small cute backplates of the carbon fibre were screwed in wrong (i.e. the plates were in the wrong holes). had a fun game matching them up again

Someone posted a link ages ago to the carbon fibre material Mansons use? showing all the different colours you can get? I remember seeing a grey/red weaved one that looked awesome :awesome:

I can't remember, but I think you're referring to this. It's black and red, and is going on one of my guitars :awesome:

black_red.jpg

actually got a look at the neck the other day, so it's just the headstock that had the material, and the lacquer wasn't on yet. Looked nice though

I can't remember, but I think you're referring to this. It's black and red, and is going on one of my guitars :awesome:

black_red.jpg

actually got a look at the neck the other day, so it's just the headstock that had the material, and the lacquer wasn't on yet. Looked nice though

photos?

black_red.jpg

:eek: That would look insane :awesome: ...I want a carbon guitar :supersad:

photos?

Didn't have my camera with me that day. Only the neck was there, and it was almost completed from what I understood. Still needed a bit of sanding, the lacquer, and logo from what I remember

:eek: That would look insane :awesome: ...I want a carbon guitar :supersad:

Maybe that red one I saw is a works guitar going up for sale. If it is, you should buy it :ninja:

... or you could always build one, but I hear it's not exactly easy to work with

Maybe that red one I saw is a works guitar going up for sale. If it is, you should buy it :ninja:

... or you could always build one, but I hear it's not exactly easy to work with

I wish...I may have to start saving a manson fund...for a long time and have a carbon jazz/jag :eek: ...fun times are ahead :awesome:

I see. Well if I happened to get an email later this year telling me I'd be in line for one I'd most likely have to pass on it until the next run since I'm paying off my CE-7, that'll take me about 6 months. I can't imagine how happy you must have been to finally see that email!

Out of interest, if I wanted some sort of additional modifications (Like Olly had his M1D1-ified) what kind of extra costs and procedures would there be? If I did get an MB-1 I don't think I'd have it turned into an M1B1 if I could, just out of respect to preserve the originality of Olly's one. At the moment I have a thing for carbon fibre :awesome:

When the e-mails got sent out it was pretty much panic for me, haha! I replied as quickly as I could and just prayed that I was in that 25. The 3rd run was insane though. Adrian said it was like a 90% uptake on the e-mails he was sending out or something. None of the others have been anything like that, but he said it might have been down to The Resistance tour having just ended and people had had time to build up interest and savings for it.

And yeah, the MB-1 has to be finished as a full guitar before you can modify it, so you'd have to take that into consideration. But thinking about it, what happened to Olly's now? There's mirror on the top, so is the forearm contour still there, or did they do something about that? Might be worth knowing so you can see if something could be done with the carbon on it. Would be expensive, but awesome no doubt, if you really wanted it with the MB shape and XY.

When the e-mails got sent out it was pretty much panic for me, haha! I replied as quickly as I could and just prayed that I was in that 25. The 3rd run was insane though. Adrian said it was like a 90% uptake on the e-mails he was sending out or something. None of the others have been anything like that, but he said it might have been down to The Resistance tour having just ended and people had had time to build up interest and savings for it.

And yeah, the MB-1 has to be finished as a full guitar before you can modify it, so you'd have to take that into consideration. But thinking about it, what happened to Olly's now? There's mirror on the top, so is the forearm contour still there, or did they do something about that? Might be worth knowing so you can see if something could be done with the carbon on it. Would be expensive, but awesome no doubt, if you really wanted it with the MB shape and XY.

olly's one still has forearm contour, it just goes with one of the cracks, not bad! however from the sounds of it adrian wasn't ever so keen on too drastic of a mod on the mb-1, almost sounds like olly bagged the one and only Manson M1D1 out of the process (though it's never going to sell with those chrome straplocks)

Archived