The B2 is pretty well known for cock ups, though I've never known a cock up this huge from them, or any other venue!

I know! Sucks!

Hiya Guys,

It's completely my fault, i got a message about cancelling an industry gig and i cancelled the one wrong... Im really sorry but the date was given to another band and has been advertised as such...

I understand if you do not want to rearrange the gig but really hope you can see it was an honest mistake and hopefully we can arrange another date for in the future!!

Em

Guess thats the trouble with being called "Industry"...people cancel gigs on your ass! haha

Jeez, I guess if you're not actively participating in the conversation you get ignored. :rolleyes:

Dude, it sucks that your gig got canceled on you. I would be super pissed, especially if I had to sell any of the tickets myself.

hey, could you guys give me your opinions on this mix i just finished this morning...

Not bad. It's not a bad song, cool harmonies, nice use of the channels, but kinda lacking on the bass spectrum with both volume and harmonies (well, doing something other than the root of the chord), but most of that is probably my laptop's speakers. Pretty well done.

Also, I just wrote all of that and I'm not even halfway through the song. o_o This is really long. Which isn't a bad thing.

I did some stuff besides roots on the bass, but not much since it isn't the focal point of the song. Thanks for listening to the tune. I am finishing the master track tomorrow. The bass isn't mixed as low as you think it might be, its probably your lap top speakers.

I did some stuff besides roots on the bass, but not much since it isn't the focal point of the song. Thanks for listening to the tune. I am finishing the master track tomorrow. The bass isn't mixed as low as you think it might be, its probably your lap top speakers.

Even if you think something isn't the focal point of the song, it still doesn't hurt to expand upon it and make it sound more full, otherwise the song just ends up sounding flatter than it should. I'm not saying that you should go back and change anything, but just keep in mind things like contrary motion and woking. When another instrument goes to a chord that is lower in pitch, that's doesn't mean the bass has to, too; it can always go up. Just trying to help. :)

It's still a good song and I'll listen to it later with headphones. Haha.

• 2 weeks later...

AUGUST

Fri 14 - PETERBOROUGH - Club Revolution - As part of "Infest III"

Sat 15 - LEEDS - The Cockpit - Supporting Bradford's "Razorblade Picnic"

Thu 20 - GRANTHAM - The Atrium - First heat of the Grantham Battle of the Bands

Fri 21 - STAMFORD - Mama Liz's Voodoo Lounge - First time in Stamford!

Sat 29 - CAMBRIDGE - Fen Festival

We've got some new songs to play live to you! :D:awesome:

We will be playing two back to back shows this month, one in Peterborough and another the next day in Leeds. If anyone's around, itd be ace to see you guys there, both the gigs will be awesome and we have some new, previously unheard songs to play ;)

Peterborough - 14th August @ Club Revolution (The Park)

Leeds - 15th August @ The Cockpit (room 2)

hey I actually quite enjoyed both of the songs. nice job!

can you tell me how you recorded all of the instruments and what programs you used?

Thanks!

I use Nuendo for my recording and mixing, which is basically the same as Cubase.

The guitar tracks were recorded into my Pod, but I also put a mic in front of my electric guitar when I recorded the performance and panned them to each side. So even though it sounds like there are two guitars on the tracks, there is only one performance. Gave it a pretty earthy feel, while still having the power of the electric guitar sound.

Bass was recorded clean, and I fed that signal through my distorted bass chain which is around 10 different plug-ins (ampeg bass amp emulator, various distortion and synth plugins that I got for free), five for each channel, and mixed it so that there's a blend of clean bass in the middle and distorted bass on the left and right.

Synths and whatnot are the standard ones that comes with Nuendo.

Drums are programmed by myself.

Hey guys,

I have a new band:

http://friendsofthewild.bandcamp.com/

The recordings sound fairly professional, I think.

You guys will probably hate it, but there is distorted bass on both tracks, if that helps :LOL:

I must say I've always loved your music, it's never an "easy" listen, which for me makes it rather interesting, sort of like The Mars Volta don't provide an "easy" listening too if you get what I mean..

Thumbs up dude :)

Scratch re-edit/remix/mix of a few old tracks: http://cid-bea1f60af6754509.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/live%20mix%20v1.0.mp3

Mostly midi with audio on top so the band can learn it :D

Plenty of cow bell abuse :awesome:

No music to plug at the moment though, need to fork out some moneh for 60 days of mixing.. :facepalm:

60 days of mixing? You sure? Nothing should take two months to mix unless you're paying a bunch of total amateurs.

The song I linked to yesterday, written, mixed, mastered in a total of about 3 days.

Plenty of cow bell abuse :awesome:

60 days of mixing? You sure? Nothing should take two months to mix unless you're paying a bunch of total amateurs.

The song I linked to yesterday, written, mixed, mastered in a total of about 3 days.

Nah the software I use has two payment options. You can have 60 days of the full version for a tenner or it full for 50 quid.