What Muse song would be best for a James Bond theme song?

museareawesome

The best Bond theme song selection would be Sunburn, Showbiz, Assassin, or City of Delusion. Nothing too joyful or too depressing, just mystery, class, and sophistication.

The way I see it, each of these 4 songs contain a piece of Bond himself. Sunburn, for the shames and guilts of his lost love, Showbiz, for the caged emotions and need for closure, Assassin, for his cold and cavalier attitude towards life, and City of Delusion, for his vengeance upon falsities and injustice.

But if they chose Muse for the next movie, they would most likely compose a new, original song for the movie. That would be something worth waiting for.

Muse should write their own song for it, in my opinion, but out of what they have?

- Darkshines

- Uno

- Take A Bow

- City Of Delusion

- Assassin

- B&H? Maybe?

- Eternally Missed

- Hysteria

Any of those could work. I would choose Assassin maybe, though, just because of how awesome that would sound in theatres. Can you imagine a bunch of people who havent heard the song, experiencing that initial, sudden wall of guitars and drums and bass? It would be pretty startling. I would laugh:LOL:.

• 1 month later...

I think a lot of you guys are missing the whole point of having it be the best for a JAMES BOND MOVIE. I don't know bout you guys, but I've never heard distorted guitars/bass and drums in a James Bond intro. Now, If youre talking about a action scene, that fits better, but, the only pieces of music in there seem to be very posh and fancy haha.

• 7 months later...

As I said in the Media Forum thread about Muse wanting to do a James Bond tune; Uprising is perfect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59TSvb6PeMs

Just watch that while listening to Uprising. Notice that the intro quits EXACTLY at the point that when the song breaks in favor for the slow leading point with the "HEY!" clapping parts. It's perfect. Like if they were meant for each other.

Plus note how the dancing women part kicks in exactly at the second verse.

• 4 months later...

Archived