What Muse song would be best for a James Bond theme song?

museareawesome

• 3 months later...

I think there are songs that would be good to use, and then there are songs that would most likely be chosen. For example, I could see a song like NSC being chosen as a James Bond theme song...maybe not that song specifically but something in the same vein.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MagCoUYvIXE

Fuck Muse, get Dame Shirley back for one more :(

Still don't get why people think songs like Uno would be good for Bond. Bond Themes need class, USOE if it was darker and less cheesy would be the way to go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy97lOwvECs

Just :happy: Until I remember what happens next :( Poor Mrs Peel :'(

if they do the james bond song, wont they be asked to write a new one specifically?

Bond themes have generally been written by the person composing the soundtrack or in collaboration with that person. Except for Tomorrow Never Dies which was a competition. Recently, Madonna, Chris Cornell and Jack White have written their songs themselves and have on the whole been the weakest and prior to this, there was a rare miss in the series (The Man With The Golden Gun is awful, but they followed up with Nobody Does It Better...). Personally I'd rather see them go back to collaborating with the soundtrack composer.

They could just compose a song for the movie, maybe someday they'll knock us down with a jazz rock piece, because in 2005 they were about to make a jazz album but instead, they launched Black holes and revelations. James Bond tracks are mythical songs, and Muse just could fit perfectly in 007' style

Yeah mabey Uno, or I could imagine Apocolypse Please with the opening credits if the film was a bit darker.

but they ended up asking that Alicia Keys and it wasnt great.

And not that it's really that connected but I really liked the last bond theme. I though the pairing of Alicia Keys and Jack White was pretty good :)

Archived