Thank you, Muse, thank you

gocanux

Matt, Dom, Chris.

I want to say, to be very original, Thank You. :happy:

I saw you guys at the Perth Big Day Out 2007 - you completely exceeded all expectations I ever had about you being live.

I'd only ever seen anything on Channel [V] from the 2004 BDO - and that was amazing.

I was right at the front for the whole performance, you never stopped, even for a moment, being intense, extreme, unbelievable. You had it all.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h172/maccah_4/Big%20Day%20Out/Muse/Big%20Day%20Out/DSCN4162-1.jpg

I also wanted to say that, from all other fans I've met of other bands, don't even come close to the awsome people I've met since joining the boards.

Muse fans, not to be biased, are different, great and really, really genuinely cool people.

And the fans I met while waiting for you to come out onto stage (which was over an hour) were the same.

My username - isn't (would you believe) an obsession with Matt, even though I do spend a fair bit of time on the PMT, it is rather, a tribute to all the shirts, banners and wristbands I saw at the Big Day Out with that written on them in texta, or proffesionally printed.

I was astounded at how many I saw, and decided to have that as a username.

To MuseMom, your first post is what made me add my thanks to this thread.

I would have loved to see them just being there for your sons in the way that they were. What a true experience.

Again, Thanks guys - you make my day.

So glad this thread surfaces now and then; it still has a lot to say! And it's all about the music, and the men who make it; no other band can even come close to Muse. I am now looking forward to my next Muse concert, next week in San Francisco: my 17th! (and 12th on this tour!) There are other bands that I like and enjoy seeing live, but Muse are on a completely different level. And the fact that they are all such incredibly nice, genuine, considerate people certainly doesn't hurt!

On to Wembley!

Thank you so very much for including Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in your Asian tour.

You have not just rocked our world for one night, you have summoned tidal shockwaves throughout the music scene, a wake-up call to local concert organisers that Malaysians love good rock music (and not just the popcorn stuff). Hopefully, your presence in KL in February may have changed the face of live rock performances here forever.

I will never forget the love you showed us, and the feeling I get is that your fans (no matter haw far or obscure the country is), really do matter to you guys.

Please come back and play at Stadium Bukit Jalil (but do get some rest and time-off etc first). Thank you and :musesign:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Thank you so very much for including Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in your Asian tour. You have not just rocked our world for one night...

I will never forget the love you showed us, and the feeling I get is that your fans (no matter haw far or obscure the country is), really do matter to you guys.

... Thank you and :musesign:

I think you have summed up a key point about Muse: they really do care about their fans. I hope they never lose that connection, no matter how hugely popular they become. The fact that such amazing music can be made by such nice, friendly, genuine human beings makes it all the more impressive.

I think you have summed up a key point about Muse: they really do care about their fans. I hope they never lose that connection, no matter how hugely popular they become. The fact that such amazing music can be made by such nice, friendly, genuine human beings makes it all the more impressive.

Exactly, in this age of spoiled superstars, we get these amazingly talented rockstars that genuinely appreciate the support they get from all over the world, as if they're just a tiny band just starting out. It's just amazing. I was gobsmacked by how generous and 'real' they were with the fans in Malaysia (can't help but compare them to other successful international acts i've seen).

*Sigh*, Muse is one of those little things that turns life into an awesome dream.

Exactly, in this age of spoiled superstars, we get these amazingly talented rockstars that genuinely appreciate the support they get from all over the world, as if they're just a tiny band just starting out. It's just amazing. I was gobsmacked by how generous and 'real' they were with the fans in Malaysia (can't help but compare them to other successful international acts i've seen).

*Sigh*, Muse is one of those little things that turns life into an awesome dream.

Forgot to say: Musemom, this is an awesomely heartwarming and positive thread. Thank you.

+ 1 to both.

They Rock. :happy:

• 5 months later...

This thread disappeared for a while, but lately I have seen so many posts here and there thanking them for this and that. But Liron's thread seemed to deserve special mention here:

A story. Many thanks to Dom A.

Well, I think this deserves a thread because I was really touched by this...

As some may know I flew with several Israelis to 3 Muse shows - Greece, Serbia and Budapest (in Budapest we were joined by around 50 other Israeli Muse fans).

A day before the last show I managed to get online and saw someone sent me a private message in the Israeli Muse forum I run. This girl told me about someone, I have to censore his name for now, he's had ALS for 8 years (he can only breath thanks to machines, can't walk, talk, move his hands.. nothing).

At the first 4 years he still managed to lead almost a normal life. He had a wife who was willing to support him and be with him all the way but decided he doesn't want to be a burden so he re-wrote 'Unintended' in Hebrew and got an Israeli singer to sing it for her (by then he couldn't talk himself), the words basically say how she could be his shoulder and how they could had a perfect life but that he chooses to let her go...

Since he found out he has ALS, every year his family, friends and others make something special for him on his birthday. And it turns out he's a big Muse fan. He actually still has all the CDs and according to this woman it's one of the only things that make him happy.

She asked me to try and get something from the guys for him, seeing as his birthday is coming up shortly.

It was lucky I managed to read the message the day before the show.

I told Dominic (Howard) the story and asked if I could get something signed by all of them for him, he told me to ask Dom A to get it and I gave him an Israeli flag to get signed by the guys, which he promised to give me back after the show.

After the show Matt came over, he knew the story already and it turned out the guys signed both the flag and a setlist but for whatever reason, one of the other Israelis got it and seems like he stole it..

Dom A later came over and ran around just to get us another setlist and flag signed before the guys left.

Anyway, now I have both stuff waiting to be picked up later this week, I know the woman I spoke to about this was so excited about the result she could barely sleep and thanked me many many times.

I really have to say a massive thanks to Dom A, it's a great birthday present for this guy, whom although I don't know him - I read blog entries by him before he couldn't write anymore and he seems like an amazing, optimistic and brave person and I'm glad I could be a part of this and hopefully it'll make him happy.

Sorry for being so OTT, I was really moved by this story and thought I should share.

-----From Liron

I'm new here, and a fairly new Muse fan. (Since 2006) I just want to say that the camaraderie between the band and the fans, AND the fans and one another is truly awe inspiring. I was really touched after reading Gocanux's thread opener. Then reading Liron's previous post genuinely moved me. Its refreshing to see that the boys are such down to earth and caring individuals. These qualities are scarce these days, particularly regarding anyone with any degree of celebrity. Though I don't have a Muse story of my own, apart from attending the shows the last couple of years here in NYC, I love reading everyone else's.

I did have an "almost Muse experience". A few year's back I used to hang out at a bar/club on the Lower East Side of Manhattan. Anyway, a good friend of mine tends bar there. He told me that Muse, and Matt in particular hung out there when they were in town. We were never there at the the same time and I wasn't really into them then. Anyway, talk about a missed opportunity!

I'm a horrible old cynic but this thread is really sweet.

I guess i'd like to thank Muse for getting me through a pretty monumental year, leaving London was a really hard thing to do after 5 years and I was not happy about being back at home, I was a chronically depressed lemming actually. The music really helped me a lot, it makes me so incredibly happy and i'm a miserable bitch generally :happy:

I'd like to thank them also for the gigs, I have never ever had so much fun in my life. When I walked out of Wembley Arena last year I felt like I could fly. I was so miserable thinking I was never going to see them again, so that leads me on to the next thing.

Thank you soooo much for coming back to New Zealand, shit, you cannot know how bloody excited I am about this. Its always a shock to me when people notice little old New Zealand. The Christchurch gig is especially awesome, I love it, playing in the South Island. :LOL: Warning, there may be a few bogans and farmboys in the audience, I apologise for their bad clothes and tuneless singing in advance :rolleyes:

Mushiness over :p xxx

I found this as a separate thread in G&T, but it seemed more appropriate here:

13 october 2007

Kiev, Sport Hall

I won't write about that gig because it have already made up to me

but I want to thank MUSE and all their crew for a holiday presented to fans from Kiev

It is the best gig that Kiev has ever seen

Thanks to Matt, Chris and Dom

Due to you the Kiev Sport Hall sounded as it still never sounded and will sound hardly without you

P.S. Chris is the best bass player whom I've ever seen and heard :rolleyes::p:D

and sorry for my dull English:$

MUSE, you are my obsession

thenk you for this ))))

With best regards

Masha ;)

This thread is so sweet, lots of good vibes, love it. It gives you

warm fuzzies :)

Thank you Muse for your wonderful music and live show, you blew the minds of me and my family in Fairfax, VA. Can't wait to see you again and hear what new music you have in store :)

This from Belka (in another thread over in G&T

http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=48950

dedicated to the Russian Musers gratitude to the band!):

MUSE in Russia: thank you VERY MUCH!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We were waiting for MUSE during 5 years. We asked them to come to Russia many times and didn’t get any answer… And finally our dreams come true!!!

It was two happiest nights for thousands of Russian musers! And I think now we MUST thank you, dear guys, for your visit to Russia…

I know, the thread “Thank you, MUSE, thank you” is already exists at this message board, but I think after this http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=40569 we must create another thread. Please, don’t close or delete it!

Dear Matt, Chris, Dom and Morgan! (Why do people forget about Morgan?) Thank you very much for amazing gigs! You played like gods!

Matthew, thank you very, very much for everything! Especially for Muscle Museum – it was the most precious gift you could give to Moscow audience… Thank you for all your smiles and for your soul you gave us in every song – it was unforgettable…

Dominic, thank you for your “Moscow, you fucking rock!” – we’re proud of your comment! And also thank you very much for your “Cheers!” to three crazy Siberian fans who were chasing your car after the show in Moscow with a banner “SIBERIA LOVES MUSE!” We hope now you know that Siberia really loves you

Dear Chris, thank you very much for taking our gifts! (I mean our disc with Russian music and a flash drive – there was the second part of that music, did you get it?) Excuse me, I had no time to explain: it was music for all of you, not only for Matt! Hopefully, you’ll also find some tracks interesting to you or… for your kids at least

And thank you, Tom, for taking our banner, and… please, excuse us for disturbing: we did a very big trip from Siberia just to see MUSE, so…

We hope now you see how big our love for you is, and... please, don't forget of us in your next tour!

can i add my little "thank you"...?

well i will anyway...lol

thank you muse....

for opening up for mcr b/c i don't think i would have ever taken the time to listen to the amazing sounds of muse...if it weren't for that gig...

[so i should really thank mcr..sorta...right?]...but anyway...thank you muse...for being ridiculously awesome...and for making my jaw drop to the floor as soon as you hit the first riff...

Think, this 's the best thread…

Thank you, Muse. Thank you for the fantastic show in S Petersburg. Special thank for the chance to here old songs live.

Feeling envious of other countries where you tour more often than once every 5 years. (It's at least more than never though :) )

Bowing before your talent, skills and willingness to share your emotions with us. Thank you…

Archived