Thank you, Muse, thank you

gocanux

• 1 month later...

In honor of our traditional American holiday of Thanksgiving tomorrow, it seems fitting to thank Muse too. So thank you, Muse, of course for the music and incomparable concerts, but also for the opportunity to meet so many strange and wonderful Musers from all over the world right here on this forum. And many of those weirdos I now consider friends!

what an awesome thread!!!

@ gocanux: are you really 53??? thank god, i'm not alone with my overaged age...:happy:

back to the topic

I want to thank muse, too! and now i dare to write it aloud...

*mumbling* when you all do, i may enthuse, too

You kicked my butt back to life (especially with 'hoodoo').

I was empty and given up by myself ...you'll never imagine in which way...

thanks for the music, the lyrics, and even for your courage, Matt, to speak out loud, what i was thinking all the time!!! So maybe i'm not insane though, or at least i'm not alone being insane.

Thanks for creating new albums, so that we fans are able to explore the bands genious again and again, and never get bored.

thanks for cheering up, and above all for the rocking, Jeepers! your riffs ...oy

YOU managed that i touched the keys of my piano again...(which i ignored with bitterness for 15 years)

i'm pathetic, sorry folks!

so party us in Düsseldorf/13.12.>>> my very first museconcert

Yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (=freaking out)

Well, here be a thanks from me too, as both Glasgow and Wembley (22nd) were amazing. I thought i was only going to see one band twice this year, but then along comes Muse and changes that- the first band i've seen twice in one month, let alone one year!

Anyhoo, i havn't stopped using the word AWESOME to describe their shows, it's about the only word that comes close to how it was.

And thanks for getting my friend to go to her first gig- said she wouldn't pay to see anyone but Muse :D

Ta muchly for making the best year of my life (so far) even better! :happy:

I was going to start a 'Thankyou' thread and here it is already!

I want to say a BIG thankyou to Muse for giving me the best Month of my life. 12 shows, 10 cities. The best holiday I've ever had.

All the shows were amazing. The best one for me being Wembley 3, a perfect setlist as far as I was concerned. The stage show was just spectacular. There is no doubt in my mind, Muse are the best live band out there. No one else even comes close.

Meeting the band in Aberdeen was another highlight. I know some people think its mad to be waiting out in the cold for hours after the show, but when that moment comes, and you finally get to meet the people who have made the music that has had such an effect on your life, everything is totally worth it. Even if you do get all tongue tied and cant think of a word to say!!

Also, I have met so many fantastic people along the way. Some of whom I know will be friends for life. And our paths may never have crossed I if it wasnt for Muse.

So THANKYOU guys, for everything. :)

• 2 weeks later...

This is from Bristow:

MUSE saved me

Dear All,

I was at their concert in Rome, and I just wanted to thank them from the bottom of my heart…. I need to explain why I am so grateful for what I’ve experienced at the concert and why I have this urge to let them know.

I came to the concert in tears, so very broken inside, stressed out, and I had almost given it up… for a number of reasons I’ll spare to you! It turned out that seeing them playing live has been one of the greatest thrills I got in so long…

I guess that my own problems and difficulties are no more important than those of anyone else who was there for them. So probably they’ve washed many more souls from their sorrow with their incredible music and amazing talent, than just my own.

But the reason I felt a little different from the majority of people is because I’ve gone a little longer way in life and probably I have a larger number of things I need to forget, and forgive, and get over.

I thought I was fading away, slowly dying in my personal pain, unable to react to anything, stuck in a moment, unable to feel anything but this unbearable heartache …. And then I came to the concert and felt the thrill again…. I felt my heart and soul sing again, I felt alive and boy! I felt happy! And I was so grateful for it. What I’m trying to say is that to some of us it’s not just music, it’s definitely something more. Something that touches our soul and remind us, that no matter how bad the pain, there is so much beauty out there to reach for.

MUSE are part of the beauty in my life, and I’ll never thank them enough for it. You guys are great musicians! Keep rocking for you make people happy!

Hi! Thanx for directing me to your thread. All I wanted was to post a thank you note, and I was not really expecting anyone to write anything more about it. Don't worry about me. I cannot possibly be offended by anyone I don't know at all, especially if she/he could be the age of my own kids. :LOL:

I see , by going trhough some pictures here, tha Muse has kept us Moms to stay cool, young and beautiful. So this is me, another Muse Mom!

Take care, HUGS from Rome

attachment.php?attachmentid=942&stc=1&d=1165314760

MUSE saved me

Dear All,

I was at their concert in Rome, and I just wanted to thank them from the bottom of my heart…. I need to explain why I am so grateful for what I’ve experienced at the concert and why I have this urge to let them know.

I came to the concert in tears, so very broken inside, stressed out, and I had almost given it up… for a number of reasons I’ll spare to you! It turned out that seeing them playing live has been one of the greatest thrills I got in so long…

I guess that my own problems and difficulties are no more important than those of anyone else who was there for them. So probably they’ve washed many more souls from their sorrow with their incredible music and amazing talent, than just my own.

But the reason I felt a little different from the majority of people is because I’ve gone a little longer way in life and probably I have a larger number of things I need to forget, and forgive, and get over.

I thought I was fading away, slowly dying in my personal pain, unable to react to anything, stuck in a moment, unable to feel anything but this unbearable heartache …. And then I came to the concert and felt the thrill again…. I felt my heart and soul sing again, I felt alive and boy! I felt happy! And I was so grateful for it. What I’m trying to say is that to some of us it’s not just music, it’s definitely something more. Something that touches our soul and remind us, that no matter how bad the pain, there is so much beauty out there to reach for.

MUSE are part of the beauty in my life, and I’ll never thank them enough for it. You guys are great musicians! Keep rocking for you make people happy!

OMG, that's really moving, i feel the same. Thanks so much for your post !

Here is my letter for Matt and Muse, i've managed to give it to them at Matt's b-day, few months ago. :)

Sorry for my bad english. :$

Dear Matt,

If you read this letter I wouldn't have tried to give it in vain.

When I knew about Muse taking part in the tv show called "La Musicale" on Canal +, I thought I had to take my chance to tell you about what Muse means to me. So the fact that you can read these lines makes me feel very happy. I will try to get an invitation for the tv show and also to meet you the day of your birthday at the after show or afterwards. I hope so ! One of my dreams would come true.

First, let me wish you a happy 28th birthday and your success to last the most long time as possible - why not indefinitely ?! - both in your musical career and love story. You deserve it so much, you and your two inseparable friends.

Your music... how could I describe it ? For me, it goes with passion, originality, diversity. I can often travel all around the world, escaping and musing without even moving away from my sofa thanks to your magnificent melodies and lyrics. That's the more effective way to forget all my problems.

Your band... indeed I began to live when I found about it. I mean during the Absolution's period, that came too late to me but better late than never, isn't it ? Before I lived like a zombie, I felt nothing, not even sorrow. My soul seemed to be empty. Now, although I'm still very depressed, I feel more alive than before. You have changed my life, really ! I also feel Muse helps me to blossom. You're a part of me now. You make me feel less useless. You're like the light guiding me towards the end of that tunnel I go through in my life.

So let me thank you from the deepest core of my soul.

The new songs... I'm keen to tell you that I love them. They are very cool even if they're quite different from what you have done before. So far, Knights Of Cydonia is my favourite one. It sounds so exotic ! It reminds me a bit of Citizen Erased. It's almost the same kind of epic songs that I'm particularly fond of. It's so hard to wait for your new album until July 3rd !

Finally, I wish Black Holes & Revelations will be as successful as the others and I have no doubt about it !

Good luck for the future ! Muse, I love you most of all.

Cheers.

Elise aka rockmuse88, a French Chinese fan.

Just is Muse... Nothing else... A lot of feelings flying in the air while I'm hearing their songs... Many memories that come when that beautiful melody starts... A few hopes to enter the other world four minutes... No chances of being indifferent...

Just is Muse... Nothing else... I'm exagerating, I'm telling the truth, I'm telling lies...

Just is Muse... Nothing else... An angelical voice sorrounding me, a strange mix of sounds that overtake me... And a gratitude who thinks that's not just enough to hear them every dar and remember them every hour... But telling them face to face THANK YOU FOR EXISTING every second...

I might be crazy, I might be stupid... I know I look stupid saying this, but I will tell you something... Muse is not an ALTENATIVE, ELECTRONIC, ROCK BAND... Muse is an door to the invisible world that someday I will live on... And maybe you too...

Thank you Muse... I would wish to be the best writer in the world to order beautiful words expressing my gratitude... I would wish to be an angel to sing to you what you mean to my life... And I would wish to be your shadow just to not stop hearing that ocean waves, meadow winds and rain storms that you emit...

--------------------- Give me all..... The peace...... And joy in mind --------------------

---------- I will be chasing a starlight............ Until the end of my life.......--------

--------------------- I just wanted to hold.......... You in my arms -----------------------

--------------------- Our hopes and expectations..... Black holes and revelations-

-------------------- I will be singing and falling from you grace....------------------------

---------------------- When will this loneliness be over? ------------------------------------

----------------------- I think our lives have just begun ----------------------------------------

------------------------- In your world..... Nobody is dying alone ---------------------------

So much beatiful words... Melodies.... Feelings...

From the deepest empty microscopic center of my heart... Thank you Muse...

And thank you Muse fans for backuping them so hard! Never stop believing! Never stop dreaming and never stop singing!

Best regards,

Oscar Encinas

Cochabamba - Bolivia

PD: Any notices in Muse chats and/or any other way of being a little closer to them, please write me to oscar_encinas_pattzy@hotmail.com

In honor of our traditional American holiday of Thanksgiving tomorrow, it seems fitting to thank Muse too. So thank you, Muse, of course for the music and incomparable concerts, but also for the opportunity to meet so many strange and wonderful Musers from all over the world right here on this forum. And many of those weirdos I now consider friends!

*laughs*

Weirdos.. I guess that term fits me. I'm a weirdo too! *raises hand*

hold on, my dog wants a peanut...

anyway.

I feel like thanking Muse.

For one, I have this problem with life. It doesn't like me...but every time I hear Butterflies and Hurricanes, I get this feeling like everything life is throwing at me, and everything that mom says, is irrelevant and useless. I get this feeling that my life will take a turn and become better than it is, and that I have a chance to be something great.

Sadly, upon trying to pass this feeling on to friends, one of them told me that Muse needed a new singer, and they'd be good. What he doesn't understand is it wouldn't be Muse any more. I don't really know how to describe the horror I thought at the mention of replacing Matt.

They also give me something to fight for. That same friend is a fan of the Mars Volta and has been telling me that they are better than Muse.

but they're not. not at all.

I know that many people have been saved by Muse, I've read their thanks here in this thread..but me, I don't think I need saving. I need inspiration, and boy, do they provide it. I'm often finding myself singing their music while drawing, or humming a bass riff from one of their songs. They give me something to hold on to when I need it, but something to enjoy, too.

on saying that, some of my poetry has been influenced by them a bit. It may not say names or have lines from the song, but when inspiration struck I ran with it. (if you're interested in them they're on my deviantart page, I believe it's linked in my sig.)

BUt thank you, Muse, for being so inspirational and wonderful. Thank you for providing me with something to love and revel in when life gets hard, and for helping to clear the air and unblock my artist block!

Thank you, Muse, for making it possible for me to meet my dearest friends, Manuella and Sylvie, here on this forum. We met because we shared a love of your music, but found that we shared so much more, and are truly sisters of the heart.

And I have met so many other wonderful new friends thru Muse: Liron/Stansfield, and Catherine/Snookster, and Elo/San, and Drix, and .... I never would have believed that I would travel halfway around the world to see a band perform, but that was only part of the reason for my trip: the main reason was to spend some time, in person, with my dear friends who, sadly, live so far away. But, as Rick said to Ilsa, "We'll always have Paris!"

• 4 weeks later...

(moved from another thread, but appropriate here):

Thanks for:

• Playing at Reading
  • Playing at Big Day Out 07 (hopefully us Kiwis show u a better mosh than Reading)
  • Map of the Problematique (It was epic at Reading & I was lost up a mountain a few weeks back & it got me through it)
  • The new album
  • Muse

Regards

Some muppet

PS: As for Big Day Out 07 please play Assassin & City of Delusion :LOL:

gees... I'm board member for some months and I haven't posted in this thread yet :$

Anyway, gocanux, great you made this thread! I always wanted to write some words to Muse and I don't know if they'll read it but maybe...

And sorry for my english ;)

Dear Muse,

Huge amount of people has written there their thank yous and some of them did it in amazing ways. My English is not very good and I can't express everything I'd like to say, but still I'd like to thank you in my own way :)

Many times I feel rejected by people I know. They don't accept I'm different person than they are, they laugh at my interests, beliefs and things I like. They want me to be someone else, someone who's just like they. And everytime I feel bad because of what they say I just go and listen to your music. It's like katharsis for me. It makes me think that I don't need anybody who can't accept me as I am. Your music helps me to throw out all sadness and pessimism. THANK YOU FOR THAT!

Second thing, you helped me to find new friends. We enjoy your music together. I met them at your gig in Berlin and I'm really glad that they were there with me. I wanted to be at this gig very much, but I didn't know how to get there. I had to write only one post at Polish message board... Ten minutes later I got the message from one girl that I can go with her. I had amazing time and got new friends - THANKS TO YOU.

And the Berlin gig... I really had a time of my life. When it was over I just thought that was one of the best things that ever happened to me. That was first real concert I've ever been to... and now I want more :) I really hope you will come to my country. THANK YOU FOR THIS AMAZING SHOW!

Well as I said I'm not very fluent in English, and I would say much more things if I could. I think it's all for now. Just...

DZIĘKUJĘ, ŻE JESTEŚCIE! (thanks you exist ;))

Aleksandra from Poland

PS. See you in Poland, I hope ;)

Archived