Thank you, Muse, thank you

gocanux

Well I'm glad this has been resurrected from the depths of the forum......

I personally would like to thank Muse for giving my family one of the best nights we've ever spent out together - that was at the Eden project in Cornwall last year. We often travel down to Cornwall to a campsite in North Cornwall called Mother Ivey's (you might know it) a beautiful place that compares to the best beaches around the world...... well we stayed there and after the Eden concert travelled back to our tent..... it was brilliant, having seen your performance and then going back to the familiarity of the campsite that our two lads have visited since they were 5.My two sons, normally of few words, could not stop talking about you for months afterwards.

Added to that we travelled to Reading Festival on the Saturday following the Eden sessions - their first Festival - and they've since taken up guitar lessons (one bass and one electric) so thanks for inspiring them so much.

We are all going to Wembley on the 16th June - and this time it's to celebrate our 20th Wedding Anniversary - I could not think of a better way to celebrate than to see you perform at Wembley Stadium - I know it's going to be one special night !:LOL:

Also, thank you for the times I'm driving to work, going to get the weekly shop etc all those mundane times in your life that you just listen to music to get a bit of a buzz - and it happens to be any one of your CD's (although I prefer the older stuff myself) that gets put into the CD player everytime.

You're a badass band that's going to be around for a long, long time, I love it that you keep producing lyrics/music that no-one else seems to be able to produce or copy.

Just make sure you and the Muse team all get to have a break now and then - you all seem to work your bollocks off :D

Mary you've started a nice thread!

I've been reading the first 30 pages, so another 170 pages to go, but it's so addictive, I've got no time left to do anything else.

People have expressed their thanks to Muse and they have already said all that's needed to say. So all that's left for me to say is THANK YOU MUSE.

Right now I've been listening to a lot of Depeche Mode and I've been moved to come in here and it seemed a good time to say thanks.

Thankyou for Cornwall Eden Project, I know that's a bit unusual Reading being the week after and all, but I had a good time. Thanks for Unintended, Time is Running out, Falling Down, New Born and Starlight.

But thankyou most of all for Shine, Nature 1, Map of your head and Hypochondriac Music. Everyone thinks when they hear those songs, everyone. Especially Shine.

Thankyou for Earls Court. Thankyou Dom for Nature 1's drumming, thankyou Chris for hysteria. Matt- thanks for Stockholm Syndrome.

You always make me feel better, which I rarely need I have to say, but nonetheless. For some strange when I'm embarassed listening to Absolution takes that away and makes me feel confidence once more. Thankyou for bringing together all these people, all your fans. I know if someone likes Muse, they have their head in the right place. Your also I band that doesn't need recognition from anyone else, as long as theirs your songs (and massive stadium gigs!). Right now I'm going through a good time. Everythings ok, I'm relaxed and I feel I can trust all the people around me. Doubtless that will change, but right now I'm cool. Last year was a bad-ish year, I lost some self-esteem, and friends, but I've managed to pick up some goals, head for them and found some new people. I've also patched up some things with older friends, and distanced my self from people I've realised I shouldn't be spending my time on. I'm not going to pretend this is all thanks to you, but I will say that '06 was made a lot better by BlackHoles and Revelations. It also turns out my friends finnaly admit Muse are good (thanks to Supermassive Blackhole and Starlight). Seeing you live in Wembley is going to be stunning, I know where I'm going to stand (just behind the mosh pit) and I know from there I'm going to enjoy you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not to Muse:

I've never felt tempted to post here, but there you go I've said it all now. Of all the threads Muse need to see, this is the one, even if they don't read all the posts, I think it would be great if they saw some serious opinons and what they really do mean for some people.

Thanks gocaunx!

Dear Matt, Chris and Dom:

You won't ever fully understand the gratitude I felt after seeing you play in Houston, TX this past September. Nor will you probably ever see the smile of endorphin filled bliss on my blushed cheek when I hear your music. These are mysteries I can't explain even with neuroscience, if I could.

But maybe there are performers who make you clamor inside when you hear their undeniable talent. Or maybe you yearn for a moment to shake their hand and sputter something appreciative only to have it pale in comparison to the passion in your heart. Maybe then you could feel a sliver of the happiness you bring to me.

I say thank you from the deepest regions of my psyche, medulla oblongata, and other parts grateful. Thank you for your personal sacrifice of touring, for the blisters you endure to delight your audiences, and for the bottles upon bottles of antacid you probably chug to smooth over the lousy road food.

Thank you for sharing your gifts with this small lonely world. May you be blessed with a joy unending.

- H

Thank you, Muse, for helping me forget my sadness. This has been a very depressing year for me so far-- I've hurt so much in only a couple of weeks. But, last night, I closed my eyes and listened to your music, and forgot my pain almost completely, at least for a few minutes.

So, thank you. :)

Thank you, Muse, or whoever has released more Wembley tickets. I wasn't planning on going, then realized that I just had to---this is the one (well, technically two) concert that can't be missed. Bummed and ticketless, I thought my only hope was eBay. Then just today I found tix for the 17th for section 125!!

After reading some of this thread I really like seeing how much the fans really share the same opinion of the music and Muse. I've been a fan since late 2004 when I saw Time is Running Out on MTV2 and the music has been somthing I can just turn on and listen to when I am in any mood and ultimatly feel detached from reality in an awesome way. It was today that I decided to join the forums, because I'd like to keep up to date on the goings on here. My love of this music was reaffirmed when I saw the Absolution DVD included with Black Holes & Revelations. I loved how the DVD was all about the music and not like DVDs I've seen by other bands where it's mostly partying and crazy stuff. Anyways, I'd really like to see a concert, but I haven't seen any tour dates up here in Michigan. Oh well, that will make seeing my first show all that much more awesome!

AJ

Hey, AJ, welcome to the forum! I'm sure more dates will be announced, but they performed in Chicago/Detroit last time, so not sure if they will schedule dates there again. But there are lots of loyal Michigan Musers to get to know, like ZombieEaten, who is an official MuseDad now. Keep watching Gigs and Tours for the latest tour updates, and if need be, go wherever you have to in order to see Muse in concert; you won't regret it!

thank you MUSE for Dec, 13th in Düsseldorf

you were f***in awesome

i needed days to become normal, i've been for days upsidedown

i couldn't neverever imagine that a livegig could kick me like you did

this was ingenious!

and it is ingenious music ;)

plz keep your thrilling changing and development!

aw, it's so sweet. sigh... now i feel warm and fuzzy on the inside. *cuddles my giant turtle plushie*

and thank you, muse, for giving me a heck of a time in fort canning. it was the most fun i ever had in my entire life though i almost died. thanks for giving a memory i'm so sure i'll never forget.

thank you, muse, for giving me music that i can enjoy no matter what situation i am in. thank you for creating music that takes you away from reality yet everything still seems so real.

and thank you for existing.

also, sorry for stuffs that most probably made no sense, well it did to me anyway

Thank you Muse for bringing so many wonderful people into my life whom I am honoured to call friends ... and because of them, their generosity and your music I am travelling to the most wonderful places and meeting even more wonderful Musers...xoxo

thank you MUSE for Dec, 13th in Düsseldorf

you were f***in awesome

i needed days to become normal, i've been for days upsidedown

i couldn't neverever imagine that a livegig could kick me like you did

this was ingenious!

Another classic case of Post-Muse Syndrome, or PMS!!

*feeling emotional*

Thank you Muse on behalf of all your fans for making fantastic music, being amazing live and being such a funny bunch of guys. Your fans are great and I have made a lot of fab friends trough you. You're lyrics are amazing and will still mean alot to me when Im old and wrinkly. Im just happy to be alive right now yo enjoy you guys being around. Thank you :)

THANK YOU MUSE for putting on such an amazing, mindblowing show at the Big Day Out and last night!!!! you guys are truly truly genious at everything you do! you write such brilliant, passionate, fun, and all round fantastic songs that i never tire of! your music helps me through the really hard times and picks me up, and it also makes me feel happy and positive too! youre such a fantastic band. i adore and truly admire what you 3 do. your music has changed my life, for the better! i could go on and on but id better stop now lol! all in all, THANK YOU MUSE for just being MUSE! you guys rock! much love:happy:!

hehehe..

I took the liberty of moving adding this to this thread:

first post for me Yay!

i just want to say a big thanks to muse for Big Day out Adelaide you totaly blew me away.

im000593ar0.jpg

I am not afraid to say before that i was a muse virgin, which was was very angry about i lived in dorset untill last year and i never got the chance to go to any muse show. as soon as i knew muse was in adelaide for big day out i got my ticket and i was not disapointed. Three rows back and by the speaker's i still can't hear properly but it was worth it! ive always been a fan since i heard plug in baby and said i need this album, i was always worried about going to see them live just incase it wasnt what i hoped for wasnt what i wished it was but it was and it was more.

So thank you muse for not disapointing me! and thank you for makeing my year.

Karl.

Unfortunately the Search feature doesn't work; if you put in "Thank You" into Search Thread Titles, it comes up with no matches. But I found it back a few pages...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Matt, Dom, Chris.

I want to say, to be very original, Thank You. :happy:

I saw you guys at the Perth Big Day Out 2007 - you completely exceeded all expectations I ever had about you being live.

I'd only ever seen anything on Channel [V] from the 2004 BDO - and that was amazing.

I was right at the front for the whole performance, you never stopped, even for a moment, being intense, extreme, unbelievable. You had it all.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h172/maccah_4/Big%20Day%20Out/Muse/Big%20Day%20Out/DSCN4162-1.jpg

I also wanted to say that, from all other fans I've met of other bands, don't even come close to the awsome people I've met since joining the boards.

Muse fans, not to be biased, are different, great and really, really genuinely cool people.

And the fans I met while waiting for you to come out onto stage (which was over an hour) were the same.

To MuseMom, your first post is what made me add my thanks to this thread.

I would have loved to see them just being there for your sons in the way that they were. What a true experience.

Again, Thanks guys - you make my day.

Archived