Thank you, Muse, thank you

gocanux

I found myself in a most unusual condition after Wednesday night's concert in LA: at a loss for words. The euphoria persists but sadly has faded a bit; but I will hold that feeling deep within and let it live on. What superlatives can describe that performance? Passion, energy, power; awesome, searing, intense. Some things just must be experienced to be understood. For the concert experience of a lifetime, I sincerely thank you.

On behalf of Kirk and Monique, thank you, Muse, for sharing your night on stage with their special moment. Many of us die-hard Muse fans, who had spent the better part of the day getting to know each other as we waited in line on Wilshire Blvd, learned of Kirk's plan and hoped you would allow him to propose to her on stage. But as the encores came to a close and we saw no sign of an opportunity for Kirk's big moment, a pang of disappointment began to taint the otherwise superlative evening. So thank you for Kirk and Monique, and for all of us in the audience who shared their elation. Kirk and Monique, may you share a lifetime of happiness together.

Chris, Dom, Matt--thank you also for being so approachable, so genuine with your fans, both before and after the concert. I imagine at times it must feel that each of us is trying to take away a little piece of you and there soon will be nothing left. But that's not why your fans are so dedicated, standing outside for and hour or two in the cold just to talk to you for a moment, take a photo, get an autograph. I think most of us just need to connect on a more personal human level with the men who have created the music which has affected us so profoundly. Dom, thank you for staying a couple of extra minutes to ensure that my son Brian had his photo taken with you to commemorate his first Muse concert. Chris, thank you for your sincere concern and interest in my son Colin's soccer injury. Matthew, thank you for your priceless expression, in reaction to my, shall we say, unconventional description of the concert. You are all genuine and human and kind and understanding of our needs as fans. Don't ever lose that, and we will always be here for you.

After your concerts in London next week, I hope you can all take a little time off, rest awhile and nourish the body and spirit, and share time with friends and family, the people you love and who love you.

Thank you.

Always, Mary, the "MuseMom" in Tacoma, WA

I'd like to second that thank you.

I've been to seven shows now, and each one has been a treat. Everytime I see you guys live I walk away with a feeling of elation, and genuine happiness. I have not stopped smiling since the first show Wednesday night. I went home smiling, I went to sleep smiling, I walk around smiling, I talk on the phone while smiling. If I keep smiling my face is just going to be stuck this way permanently. As I've told my friends who always tell me to think positive or "think fuzzy white bunnies" -- my fuzzy white bunnies have arrived. I am always in high spirits after one of your shows, and it usually lasts for a good long while.

I notice that Muse fans generally seem to be pretty positive and up beat anyway. The fact your fan base seems to be pretty kewl in general made waiting in line near on 8 or 12 hours bareable. Like definitely attracts like, and your music is positive without being cheesey; emotionally charged and powerful without being angry; and I think that says a lot for who you all are. It certainly attracts interesting people anyway.

I think it is awesome you let Kirk and Monique up on the stage for that proposal. If anything it was a wonderful touch to an unbelieveable day/evening. As gocanux said, it was great to be able to share their happiness.

And thanks for signing my drawings. :) I don't claim to be a fantastic artist or anything, but I thought drawing portraits of you guys and asking you to autograph them would be way kewler, and more personal than an autograph on a cd cover. It seemed you all liked them well enough, and I was really pleased with that. I was kinda worried they woudln't go over well, but it seemed to be the opposite. I fixed up Dom's portrait so it doesn't look so retarded. It looks much more complete now.

I'm working on a few more. I'll be seeing you guys in Tempe, Az. Last concert I can afford to go to. =D

Wishing you guys continued sucess, happiness, and fun;

Chanel

Nothing new to add, really. Just want to keep this on the first page so hopefully the band will have a chance to read it.

And a sincere wish for a Seattle stop on your next tour, Muse!

And I'm wishing for a San Diego stop. ;)

Come on guys you knooooooow you luuuuuv San Diego. Not sure what the Spreckle's theater capacity is, but I'm sure it would be a good place for you guys to have a show. :) It's like the Wiltern in that it's an old theater.

I do have family in Seattle though, so if I can round up the airfare maybe I'll swing by your neck of the woods if they're in town. :)

Come on up, Chanel; I seem to now be the official MuseMom. Kirk (of marriage proposal fame) now calls me "Mom"---I have lots of kids all over, and they all love Muse!

There are so many great venues up here. My preference is for a venue about the size of the Wiltern (or the Moore or Paramount in Seattle) as opposed to those huge arena shows. But a show at the Gorge on the Columbia River would be perfect; what a setting for a concert.

I'm surprised there haven't been more additions to this thread, but then all you LA folks are recovering from the 2 Wiltern shows and geting psyched for the Amphi concert tonight. Not just good times, but the best of times!

I think most of the LA folk are over int he gigs and tour section swaping photos and footage. I got some clips of Hysteria from night 1 from Jasmine. Hysteria rules. One of my favorite songs ever.

I drove up from San Diego for the show though. There was another girl I met in line from San Diego. She actually literally lives down the road from me. If we had known each other before we woulda driven up together and been there at like 5AM. Instead we settled for 2PM hehehe. She's a stickler on getting to the front like I am. I can enjoy a good show from any point in the room, but for me it is so much more enjoyable whe you don't have ot pull out binoculars to see the band. :p She has the same take. Hence the willingness to be there hours in advance to garuntee a prime standing position.

gosh just reading this thread makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside doesn't it! nice to see how dedicated the band is to their fans!!!! ythankyou people who posted in this threead, I'm really enjoying reading it all. There really is something special about muse fans isn't there!

Well, we're either absolutely nuts, or just plain dedicated.

Muse is my favorite band, ever. Of course I'd be there at the ass crack of dawn to get up front.

gosh just reading this thread makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside doesn't it! nice to see how dedicated the band is to their fans!!!! ythankyou people who posted in this threead, I'm really enjoying reading it all. There really is something special about muse fans isn't there!

Ditto! Seeing as I have yet to attend a concert its soo cool to read people's reactions thank you :)

Ness, you must see them live! Orders of magnitude beyond their CD's, which are of course amazing.

I would agree that Muse fans are a great bunch. I met all kinds of people at the concert, m/f, straight/gay, all races and ages, and all share a common bond.

Ness, you must see them live! Orders of magnitude beyond their CD's, which are of course amazing.

I would agree that Muse fans are a great bunch. I met all kinds of people at the concert, m/f, straight/gay, all races and ages, and all share a common bond.

The first time I saw them live I wanted to throw their cd out because it honestly does not do them justice.

This thread gave me a big smile on my face, so lovely...

And I wish the band well, And I want them to play those last gigs in Earls Court just like they always do, just as amazing as always

Then have rest for a while, enjoy xmas and newyearsday with everyone they love...

And then come back to do another awesome tour, 'cause when I hear al those stories, I really want to see them live!

So, before I become a nag (wich I'm allready am, I guess..)

just this: Thank you for what you did, for what you do,

and for what you will do...

:muselove:

its so sad, my week of seeing muse 3 times is over :'( They are just so amazing, they blow me away. I can't wait until I see them again. I've been playing my video clips over and over. Yesterday I went to Amoeba on sunset and bought the hullabaloo 2cd's. They actually had a couple copies of Origin if some people don't have it and can't find it.

At the kroq show yesterday the lead singer from jimmy eat world even said it was really lame going after muse because they are so good and make everyone else look bad. and the guy from taking back sunday also gave them a really nice complement. They are going to get huge here very soon methinks.

This is the first thread i have added to, i only signed myself up as a member a couple of days ago. My muse obsession started last christmas when i got my first album, Origin of Symetry. I was immediately transfixed, transported, taken away into another world (cheesy stuff right?!?). In the following moth i bought Absolution, Showbiz and Hullabaloo. As the months went by the obsession grew. Feeling Good got me through a nasty break up, Muscle Museum got me up in the morning, Hysteria got me dancing at a club (UNHEARD OF!). i cried to Unintended, i threw myself around to Plug in Baby. But untill the summer, i knew nothing of the true glory of Muse.

T in the Park 2004, i had made my move toward the front of the stage during the wu tang clan (i suffered them for muse), i managed to get even further forward during the libertines (i survived them for muse) and then there i was, Slap Bang in the Middle, about 5 meters from the front barrier.

The anticipation alone was more than i could have imagined before then but it was nothing compared to the appearence of the band that had reshaped my life, and the opening lines of Hysteria. Dom's pounding of the drums reverberated in my stomach, Chris's base line sent shivers down my spine and then the moment i had been longing for wince i first heard them announced for T, Matt's voice.

The whole performance was unrivaled, easily the best night of my life but there was one moment in particular that shook me. Bliss was bliss. I felt like i was falling endlesly with no fear of hitting the ground (Matt in the video). I was totally overwhelmed, about mid way through i held my hand in my heads, still screaming along with the performance. i felt lighter, filled, blissful. this is the story of my blissfull enlightenment, and i want to thank everyone who made it happen.

I wish i could have afforded a ticket for Earl's Court and a plane ticket down but instead i am having to make do with my own intense recolection, everytime i hear that song.

One last thing. COME BACK TO SCOTLAND!!!!!!!

:muselove:

its so sad, my week of seeing muse 3 times is over :'( They are just so amazing, they blow me away. I can't wait until I see them again. I've been playing my video clips over and over. Yesterday I went to Amoeba on sunset and bought the hullabaloo 2cd's. They actually had a couple copies of Origin if some people don't have it and can't find it.

At the kroq show yesterday the lead singer from jimmy eat world even said it was really lame going after muse because they are so good and make everyone else look bad. and the guy from taking back sunday also gave them a really nice complement. They are going to get huge here very soon methinks.

I feel your pain. I'm having a Muse withdrawl :p What a great week it was, though I'll probably need another week to recover. I completely lost my voice during Stockholm last night...that was fun. Anyways THANK YOU Muse for such great performances and such a wonderful week. Happy Holidays!

As Muse reaches the end of their tour in the USA, I would also like the opportunity of

sharing my wonderful experience meeting them.

On Dec 2, I flew down to Orlando to see them play at the HOB. This was

meant to have been my son's 15 bday gift but his illness did not allow him to

travel. With the Absolution cd cover in hand I went to the show hoping

to maybe get it signed. Being the extraordinary guys that they are toward their fans,

they readily agreed to not only sign it but also take pictures

with me to bring back. Not many (if any) would go out of their way and be

so thoughful and caring. My heart was and still is overwhelmed and I am

forever thankful. The concert was absolutely spectacular and I'll be sure to attend many

many more!

Matt your voice is so pure it touches one's soul and your guitar playing

brilliant, Dom you're a fantastic drummer and Chris love your backup vocals and awesome

guitar. Thanks for blessing us with your extraordinary music.

You've worked so hard throughout this past year, you're a great band and deserve all the

success in the world.

You have given my son and I the time of our lives!

We thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

With love, Mum from New Jersey

Please let me add an additional word of thanks to Matt for bringing my son Colin up to be in a group photo with the band. He was standing on his crutches (soccer injury) shyly in the back of the group of people talking to Muse before the concert on Wednesday, and Matt beckoned for him to come forward and have the photo. The pictures didn't come out too well, but the gesture is well remembered by my son; it made his day!

Please let me add an additional word of thanks to Matt for bringing my son Colin up to be in a group photo with the band. He was standing on his crutches (soccer injury) shyly in the back of the group of people talking to Muse before the concert on Wednesday, and Matt beckoned for him to come forward and have the photo. The pictures didn't come out too well, but the gesture is well remembered by my son; it made his day!

can you post any of your photos from before the concert?

As Muse reaches the end of their tour in the USA, I would also like the opportunity of

sharing my wonderful experience meeting them.

On Dec 2, I flew down to Orlando to see them play at the HOB. This was

meant to have been my son's 15 bday gift but his illness did not allow him to

travel. With the Absolution cd cover in hand I went to the show hoping

to maybe get it signed. Being the extraordinary guys that they are toward their fans,

they readily agreed to not only sign it but also take pictures

with me to bring back. Not many (if any) would go out of their way and be

so thoughful and caring. My heart was and still is overwhelmed and I am

forever thankful. The concert was absolutely spectacular and I'll be sure to attend many

many more!

Matt your voice is so pure it touches one's soul and your guitar playing

brilliant, Dom you're a fantastic drummer and Chris love your backup vocals and awesome

guitar. Thanks for blessing us with your extraordinary music.

You've worked so hard throughout this past year, you're a great band and deserve all the

success in the world.

You have given my son and I the time of our lives!

We thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

With love, Mum from New Jersey

ps thanks Mary for your good wishes

I am new at this and apologize for

any mistakes. Manuella

No worries, Manuella. How can anyone object to someone thanking Muse??

For the rest of you, this was Ocean5's 1st foray onto the message boards, and she didn't know about not starting duplicate thread topics.

I'll get those photos on here tomorrow, Jodi. I am a computer idiot (no time to learn all these newfangled technologies!) and need help moving photos from one place to another.

Archived