Thank you, Muse, thank you

gocanux

I must admit that listening to Muse kind of helped me on results day!

On the train to college, and i just felt sicker and sicker. But i kept my mind on the Museic and was not ill in the end. At the time i was listening to Invincible, which really gave me a pinch of confidence, considering the words of that song.

I don't know if it would have been the same listening to any music, or not. :p

Ta anyway.

I assume "A levels" is some type of big exam?

A Levels are voluntary courses (in england), an A Level is 2 years long - and A Levels can get you into University depending on the grades (i.e A,B,C,D,E etc)

I found myself in a most unusual condition after Wednesday night's concert in LA: at a loss for words. The euphoria persists but sadly has faded a bit; but I will hold that feeling deep within and let it live on. What superlatives can describe that performance? Passion, energy, power; awesome, searing, intense. Some things just must be experienced to be understood. For the concert experience of a lifetime, I sincerely thank you.

On behalf of Kirk and Monique, thank you, Muse, for sharing your night on stage with their special moment. Many of us die-hard Muse fans, who had spent the better part of the day getting to know each other as we waited in line on Wilshire Blvd, learned of Kirk's plan and hoped you would allow him to propose to her on stage. But as the encores came to a close and we saw no sign of an opportunity for Kirk's big moment, a pang of disappointment began to taint the otherwise superlative evening. So thank you for Kirk and Monique, and for all of us in the audience who shared their elation. Kirk and Monique, may you share a lifetime of happiness together.

Chris, Dom, Matt--thank you also for being so approachable, so genuine with your fans, both before and after the concert. I imagine at times it must feel that each of us is trying to take away a little piece of you and there soon will be nothing left. But that's not why your fans are so dedicated, standing outside for and hour or two in the cold just to talk to you for a moment, take a photo, get an autograph. I think most of us just need to connect on a more personal human level with the men who have created the music which has affected us so profoundly. Dom, thank you for staying a couple of extra minutes to ensure that my son Brian had his photo taken with you to commemorate his first Muse concert. Chris, thank you for your sincere concern and interest in my son Colin's soccer injury. Matthew, thank you for your priceless expression, in reaction to my, shall we say, unconventional description of the concert. You are all genuine and human and kind and understanding of our needs as fans. Don't ever lose that, and we will always be here for you.

After your concerts in London next week, I hope you can all take a little time off, rest awhile and nourish the body and spirit, and share time with friends and family, the people you love and who love you.

Thank you.

Always, Mary, the "MuseMom" in Tacoma, WA

Wow..this makes me wish I could afford to attend the Houston performance even more... Ever since my close (yet astonishingly distant) British friend Craig introduced me to these guys I've found myself walking to a new beat...

living a new life, almost..

I guess what it takes really is a huge THANK YOU for muse, because despite the sad fact that I haven't the money to attend a performance or even buy a CD, they have made a massive difference in my thoughts, the way I look at the world..

and even at the way I look at relationships..which of course usually are irrelevant to me.

I don't know why it is the way it is, but I'd like to give you, Matt Bellamy, Dominic Howard, and Chris Wolstenholme, a huge hug. It's been a long time since a band has made this sort of impression on me. Thank you.

And if, in the future, I get to meet you, I probably will be awestruck, just because it's amazing to see a band so tightly knit by friendship..

and the fact that all the fans who've met you are amazed at how down to earth you are. Which is a wonderful trait.

A Levels are voluntary courses (in england), an A Level is 2 years long - and A Levels can get you into University depending on the grades (i.e A,B,C,D,E etc)

The irony of A Levels is that in the UK most people take 3 A levels between the ages of 16 and 18 ...while American students are still in high school UK students are studying what would be equivalent to the first 2 years of college in the US.

I have 2 A Levels in physics and pure maths, both of which are equivalent to the first 3 semesters of physics/math in the US for an engineer/science major.

Of course if I wanted that credit at an american institution I would have to petition like hell, and as I've just learned most administrative services LOSE YOUR DOCUMENTATION THUS MAKING YOUR EFFORTS AND MONEY SPENT WORTHLESS.

If I had a gun I'd go shoot those fuckers in the admissions dept at San Jose State. I'd run them over, I'd be the shit out of them...I'd like to do a very many number of things to them...I'm currently working on getting someone fired...

Wow, so in effect our school system here is shite. I knew it all along..:LOL: it makes me sad. You either have to have a ton of money or be an over achiever to go to a decent college or university..:(

I'm hoping to get into the art and writing business. I love writing poetry and stories.I'm currently working on two books...though the first one is better developed as I started it about 4 years ago..

I think my style in poetry has changed quite a bit over the years. It used to have more meter and a lot more rhyme schemes..now it's more free style with flowing beats..

hmmm..

Back on topic..

THANK YOU MUSE! YOU ARE GLORIOUS!

The irony of A Levels is that in the UK most people take 3 A levels between the ages of 16 and 18 ...while American students are still in high school UK students are studying what would be equivalent to the first 2 years of college in the US.

No no, we have AP exams in the US for that. A decent number of college-bound sophomores, juniors, and seniors take AP classes in leiu of regular high school classes, with a similar testing schedule. The scores are rated from 1-5, and most colleges will grant credit for the appropriate college course who scores 3 or higher on the AP exam for that course (my university only gave credit for a 4 or higher). I took Calculus, Physics, Chemistry, American History, English Literature, and Biology, thereby entering college with most of my first year already completed.

Granted, the AP (advanced placement) program may not be as rigorous as the UK version, and I am getting the sense that it's not nearly as widely done as A levels, but I just wanted to point out that we have such a thing, too.

P.S. - Thank you, Muse!

• 2 weeks later...
No no, we have AP exams in the US for that. A decent number of college-bound sophomores, juniors, and seniors take AP classes in leiu of regular high school classes, with a similar testing schedule. The scores are rated from 1-5, and most colleges will grant credit for the appropriate college course who scores 3 or higher on the AP exam for that course (my university only gave credit for a 4 or higher). I took Calculus, Physics, Chemistry, American History, English Literature, and Biology, thereby entering college with most of my first year already completed.

Granted, the AP (advanced placement) program may not be as rigorous as the UK version, and I am getting the sense that it's not nearly as widely done as A levels, but I just wanted to point out that we have such a thing, too.

P.S. - Thank you, Muse!

I'm in AP classes, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to take and pass the exams right now. That's the only thing that bugs me, they want 40 or 50 dollars A TEST. I would have the money if my mom would let Dad and I spend the weekends teaching me to drive, because I would have a chance at a job. But we go to that stupid new house and I spend my time up there being bored or chasing horses/crickets..:S

Thank you, Muse, for helping me thru a bout of claustrophobia. On the way to the NYC gig from NJ we had to go thru the Lincoln Tunnel, going under the Hudson River for a mile and a half. Ever since I was trapped between floors in an elevator for 40 minutes with all the alarm bells ringing, I have become very nervous in confined spaces. So as the MuseCamp bus (Manuella's van, overloaded with ten of us) went down under the river, thank heaven a live Muse CD was playing, loudly. So I just shut my eyes and did a bit of visualization, forcing myself to imagine that I was at a Muse concert and not in a little concrete tube beneath untold gallons of water. So with the help of Plug in Baby, Newborn, Stockholm Syndrome and the rest, the only Hysteria was the song, not this passenger!

Haven't visited this thread in a long time...glad our trip into NYC was a great one, with my van full with Musers, and us singing along to Muse under the tunnel was the best therapy we could ever ask for ...:)

Haven't visited this thread in a long time...glad our trip into NYC was a great one, with my van full with Musers, and us singing along to Muse under the tunnel was the best therapy we could ever ask for ...:)

"I'm not in a tunnel, I'm at a Muse concert. I'm not under millions of gallons of filthy polluted water just waiting to drown us all, I'm at a Muse concert."

Works at the dentist, too!

Thank you, Muse, because my departure to London is not so sad, because I will have the opportunity to see your concert on 23th November!

Thank you for the new album, that is amazing, energatic, different, brillant.

Thank you for the new web site, it is cool (also if I cannot save my playlist, yet! :LOL: )

Thank you becouse you are a shiny quarter of this "City of delusion", a quarter in which noone can be disappointed.

Thank you becouse you have never disappointed us!

Thank you, Muse, because my departure to London is not so sad, because I will have the opportunity to see your concert on 23th November!

Thank you for the new album, that is amazing, energatic, different, brillant.

Thank you for the new web site, it is cool (also if I cannot save my playlist, yet! :LOL: )

Thank you becouse you are a shiny quarter of this "City of delusion", a quarter in which noone can be disappointed.

Thank you becouse you have never disappointed us!

Hi Cate...you are very thankful today...:LOL:

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, Muse, for respite from pain: my son had 3 dental fillings today, and with the first the dentist began drilling before the local anesthetic was fully functional. Yeeeeooooowww! But, after yelling and flinching, he simply turned up the volume on the live recording of Bliss he was listening to, and that got him thru it. Muse triumphs over physical pain!

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you, Muse, for taking a few minutes to autograph a couple of water bottles, to be auctioned online next month to benefit the African Well Fund. A small gesture, but one that will help make life so much better for villagers in subSaharan Africa. Keep your eyes peeled for the auction, which will of course be announced here and on other Muse boards.

Thank you, Morgan Nicholls, for being so thoughtful and kind! After the Portland show Chris, Dom and Morgan autographed my new venue tee, but Matthew only spent a minute with the fans and went into the bus. Morgan noticed that my shirt lacked Matthew's signature, so he took the shirt into the bus, had him sign it, and brought it back out to me! Dom had done the same thing for me in LA in August----such wonderful guys!

What a sweet thread - Muse Mums rock my world

Thanks, darlin---you just brightened up a gloomy MuseMom Monday!

And here is Muse-Kiwi's thank you to the band I found in another thread:

Dear Muse

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for:

Playing at Reading

Playing at Big Day Out 07 (hopefully us Kiwis show u a better mosh than Reading)

Map of the Problematique (It was epic at Reading & I was lost up a mountain a few weeks back & it got me through it)

The new album

Muse

Regards

Some muppet

Archived