Simulation Theory video discussion

droneattack

Should these be watched in release order or what? There's too freaking many :LOL:

I'm going to avoid all these videos until I've listened to the songs like 20 more times. I hate having images from videos forever matched to certain lines, etc, and it only takes one viewing for me for that to happen unfortunately.

That being said, if I only watch one of these, which should it be? People seem to like BITM.

Should these be watched in release order or what? There's too freaking many :LOL:

I'm going to avoid all these videos until I've listened to the songs like 20 more times. I hate having images from videos forever matched to certain lines, etc, and it only takes one viewing for me for that to happen unfortunately.

That being said, if I only watch one of these, which should it be? People seem to like BITM.

If only one, go with BITM. It's more standalone than the others, not really part of a narrative.

It's like a season recap. So weird!

Basically this :LOL:. I'm still trying to see if there's some connection between the lyrics and the video, but can't seem to find it. I was waiting for an explanation at the end, but nope.

Maybe they have more videos in mind? Love the BITM one btw. It doesn't add a lot to the whole story, but it's really well done.

Definitely not release order. I haven’t seen the latest one song yet but I’ll update my video story theory once I have.

Please do. When they first started coming out i thought they were pretty forgetable... But they clearly tie into each other and I wouldn't mind taking a deeper look.

So what do we reckon is the order for the videos? I haven't watched the videos enough but I guess Algorithm goes into Pressure, then Thought Contagion? The Dark Side comes right after Something Human I guess but where is Dig Down and Break It To Me in all this?

So what do we reckon is the order for the videos? I haven't watched the videos enough but I guess Algorithm goes into Pressure, then Thought Contagion? The Dark Side comes right after Something Human I guess but where is Dig Down and Break It To Me in all this?

Well, Dig Down is before Thought Contagion, as at the start of the TC video, he is playing DD on an arcade machine.

Pressure->Dig Down->Thought Contagion->Something Human->The Dark Side

That was my understanding before the release of the new videos. I’ve only had a quick look at Algorithm and Break It To Me on my phone but both seem to be taking place after Pressure at least.

That was my understanding before the release of the new videos. I’ve only had a quick look at Algorithm and Break It To Me on my phone but both seem to be taking place after Pressure at least.

I think Break it to Me can be happening simultaneously with either Pressure or Algorithm, or Thought Contagion, even.

I guess. I just can't see why you'd intentionally fuck up the order. Seems really dumb.

I think Break it to Me can be happening simultaneously with either Pressure or Algorithm, or Thought Contagion, even.

Well yeah both Algorithm and BITM could be happening simultaneously with a bunch of songs since they take place in different locations. But we know that BITM at least starts after the beginning of Pressure. I would still put it afterwards in the chronology since it’s the events shown in Pressure that lead to BITM.

I guess. I just can't see why you'd intentionally fuck up the order. Seems really dumb.
Probably because there wasn’t a big overarching story planned from the start back in 2017.

I interprate it as this:

Dig Down / Thought Contagion

Pressure / Break It To Me

Something Human

The Dark Side

Algorithm

Dig Down turns out to be an arcade game at the start of TC. Pressure starts at what looks like the wasteland from SH with a POV of a character (presumably Matt?) pulling on a VR headset to experience Pressure, where BITM also takes place. SH into TDS is an obvious and direct transition, no explaining needed there. Then, in Algorithm, big Terry escapes the simulation/game he’s in from Pressure and goes after his ‘creator’ (Matt, the one playing), treading the same path as SH and TDS.

Edit: him unplugging the Max Headroom arcade machine, to me, either suggests he’s ending some loop that maybe restarts at Dig Down or that those figures were some omniscient power. Idk though, a lot of it may well be nonsense.

Edited by Jobby

I interprate it as this:

Dig Down / Thought Contagion

Pressure / Break It To Me

Something Human

The Dark Side

Algorithm

Dig Down turns out to be an arcade game at the start of TC. Pressure starts at what looks like the wasteland from SH with a POV of a character (presumably Matt?) pulling on a VR headset to experience Pressure, where BITM also takes place. SH into TDS is an obvious and direct transition, no explaining needed there. Then, in Algorithm, big Terry escapes the simulation/game he’s in from Pressure and goes after his ‘creator’ (Matt, the one playing), treading the same path as SH and TDS.

Edit: him unplugging the Max Headroom arcade machine, to me, either suggests he’s ending some loop that maybe restarts at Dig Down or that those figures were some omniscient power. Idk though, a lot of it may well be nonsense.

But the vampires in TC are the ones from Pressure. It’s even the same guy at the end of Pressure that is the main guy of TC. Oh and the director apparently confirmed that Pressure was the prequel to TC.

But the vampires in TC are the ones from Pressure. It’s even the same guy at the end of Pressure that is the main guy of TC. Oh and the director apparently confirmed that Pressure was the prequel to TC.

Y’know, I thought they might be but just didn’t bother to check :chuckle:

So Pressure is where it all starts then? Makes sense, I guess, with the pulling on of the VR goggles. Only reason I linked it to SH was the desert but I guess that could just be the real world that presumably Matt’s going on this adventure to escape from.

Yeah that’s the “real world” (to our knowledge), but there could still be a lot happening between the moment he takes them on (Pressure) to when he takes them off (Something Human), which ofc takes place inside his VR simulation.

There’s also the whole “infected” thing on the sign in SH which to me implies that he’s going to a simulated version of the past, before it all went wrong, and experienced it at over again. The infection starts like we see it in Pressure, and we see the result of it in Something Human. Now that doesn’t seem to be the “real” world however, but is possibly just another simulation.