Get Up and Fight

OriginOfAbso

I'd be a little insulted if I were an accomplished hit maker like Tove Lo and being asked to contribute to a song only to end up doing the "aha ahaha" bits.

Also I feel like those would've sounded better if they were Matt. Though I think she does do one high pitched thing in the final chorus.

The intro was promising, but I lost all hope a minute into it. :noey: This one makes me cringe a bit.

Personally, I already "noped" out at the beginning, with the "ah ah ah..." going on. :LOL:

EDIT: Overall, though, I think it's not really obscene, but it's a totally vanilla, absolutely inoffensive, extra-generic kind of track. Meh.

For anyone interested fairly sure it's a few A4 and G#4s in the chorus - no Bb4s (saw someone saying it might be in the album thread). Think it's a G#5 at the end but fairly sure that's Tove Lo not Bellz.

Just checked, think you’re right actually. Not sure about that falsetto being Tove Lo, that tremolo sounds distinctly Matt to me. Could be wrong (probs am) since he said she was hitting notes he’d have to scream to reach though.

Just checked, think you’re right actually. Not sure about that falsetto being Tove Lo, that tremolo sounds distinctly Matt to me. Could be wrong (probs am) since he said she was hitting notes he’d have to scream to reach though.

Nah after another listen to the ending part Jobby I think you're right about it being Matt not TL!

The high backing vocal that hits with the start of the last chorus is not Matt I don't think. Another Tove Lo part?

This one could absolutely be Tove Lo because it's a bit smoother.

But the ones right at the end carry into the rest of Matt's phrase and are very... him, in their delivery like Jobby said (the tremolo and the way he kinda eeeyaaaaahs high notes).

Edit: Yeah I just pitched it properly rather than guessing (finally got to my keyboard) and it's an E5 so it's gotta be Matt. Why did I think G#5 fml.

Edited by heyjackk

Haven't heard the whole song yet (paid $50 for the Super Deluxe, so I'm going to stubbornly wait until next Wednesday :unsure:) but I heard the clip that was posted a few days ago and, as was my deepest darkest fear, I kinda enjoyed it. But as can be determined by my past with Big Freeze and Revolt, I clearly have a history with the big, dumb pop song of each album.

To paraphrase Michael Scott: "Am I scared of GUAF? No. Every day weirdos pay dominatrixes hundred of dollars for that very privilege. I'm scared I'm gonna love it."