Then my question is, why didn't they correct the mistake matt made in the Ruled By Secrecy solo?

Because sometimes it's the little mistakes that give songs extra feeling and passion and make the music less sterile for the listener. If you can hear a mistake, but it doesn't make the song absolutely shit then at least you know the band's real.

Because sometimes it's the little mistakes that give songs extra feeling and passion and make the music less sterile for the listener. If you can hear a mistake, but it doesn't make the song absolutely shit then at least you know the band's real.

it makes the song absolutely shit!

i see.

• 3 weeks later...

That reminds me of Franz Ferdinand leaving an accidental cough at the end of Michael on their first album.

Granted a cough at the end of a song isn't as jarring as an incorrect note in the middle.

• 2 weeks later...
I heard this on YouTube for the first time today, and I was wondering where to buy a legal copy of it?

Also, there a tab for the bassline?

I believe it's on the Dead Star single. You could probably order it off the internet. I couldn't find any legal downloads.

dunno about the bassline tabs. i don't play bass....yet! gonna get my friend's old one, soon.:D

but you could probably use google to find tabs for the bassline. It's out there, somewhere

• 5 months later...

hectic bump, buuuuut

I (like many of you), would love to hear Muse play this song live in their upcoming tour, and even though the new material means there'll be even less chance for old songs, they often pick 1 or 2 rare songs to play (such as Fury in late 2007/2008), and for them to play Futurism would be phenomenal!

From what I've read, it seems the reason they didn't like playing it was it was hard to sing for Matt, but as people have already said, Matt has improved dramatically in his singing ability since 2000 when they last played it (as an early version called Spectrum). Therefore I reckon, with a bit of practice, they should be able to put on a great live version of this song which would surprise and please all us fans of it!

Furthermore, I was reading some old threads from November 2007 when they decided to play Fury for the first time in 3 years, at the Australian / NZ shows. Someone met Tom Kirk in a bar in Perth after their show (Maccah, i think) and asked why did they decide to play Fury all of a sudden, and Kirk said it was him who suggested it to the band, as he thought they could do with a bit of variety / surprises in the setlist.

Then I just read on MuseWiki on Tom Kirk's page that his favourite Muse songs (pre-BHAR) were Butterflies & Hurricanes, Fury, and *Futurism*... So, it seems that he was able to exert his influence in getting one of his favourite songs, Fury, played in 07/08, so maybe he'd be able to get Muse starting to pop Futurism randomly into their setlists! :D

TOM KIRK PLEASE READ AND OBEY!!!!! THANKS!

so um yeh, probs just a far off dream... but wouldnt it be nice?

;)

hectic bump, buuuuut

I (like many of you), would love to hear Muse play this song live in their upcoming tour, and even though the new material means there'll be even less chance for old songs, they often pick 1 or 2 rare songs to play (such as Fury in late 2007/2008), and for them to play Futurism would be phenomenal!

From what I've read, it seems the reason they didn't like playing it was it was hard to sing for Matt, but as people have already said, Matt has improved dramatically in his singing ability since 2000 when they last played it (as an early version called Spectrum). Therefore I reckon, with a bit of practice, they should be able to put on a great live version of this song which would surprise and please all us fans of it!

Furthermore, I was reading some old threads from November 2007 when they decided to play Fury for the first time in 3 years, at the Australian / NZ shows. Someone met Tom Kirk in a bar in Perth after their show (Maccah, i think) and asked why did they decide to play Fury all of a sudden, and Kirk said it was him who suggested it to the band, as he thought they could do with a bit of variety / surprises in the setlist.

Then I just read on MuseWiki on Tom Kirk's page that his favourite Muse songs (pre-BHAR) were Butterflies & Hurricanes, Fury, and *Futurism*... So, it seems that he was able to exert his influence in getting one of his favourite songs, Fury, played in 07/08, aso maybe he'd be able to get Muse starting to pop Futurism randomly into their setlists! :D

;)

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

It would be :awesome: if they stuck Futurism in the setlist on the U2 tour and played it for us!

hectic bump, buuuuut

I heard the recording of it and yeah it wasn't great... but in all fairness it wasn't all down to Matt's voice, the instrumentation wasn't too hot either...

But I agree: with the experience they have under their belt now and with a bit of practice it could be a kick ass song live (with crazy riff and improv :D)

Then I just read on MuseWiki on Tom Kirk's page that his favourite Muse songs (pre-BHAR) were Butterflies & Hurricanes, Fury, and *Futurism*... So, it seems that he was able to exert his influence in getting one of his favourite songs, Fury, played in 07/08, so maybe he'd be able to get Muse starting to pop Futurism randomly into their setlists! :D

;)

Would be great at it's one of my top fav muse songs but I'm not holding my breath on that one... (however I would absolutely love for them to prove me wrong!!! ;))

Good plea but I don't think the kirkbot reads anything on here... just pops in once in the blue moon to drop a post in the news section and then off he goes again back to his cradle to be charged up until he is next required (don't think his batteries last very long)...

Ahh Cave, I wish I could hear that song live too......but Futurism would be awesome. It's a crazy good song and since Muse likes to challenge themselves and such, I think they should take it on and perform it live. So many people would be pleasantly surprised:happy:

Ahh Cave, I wish I could hear that song live too......but Futurism would be awesome. It's a crazy good song and since Muse likes to challenge themselves and such, I think they should take it on and perform it live. So many people would be pleasantly surprised:happy:

haha exactly! its a challenge for them which they like, and it would be a huge surprise for the fans, and no doubt playing it live would be so awesome that all those who'd never heard it before would think it was awesome and become a fan of it too!

as for matt's voice capabilities, couldn't they play the whole song a few semitones down to make it easier?

Archived