Manson Guitars & Tanks III: built to last; military grade

james90

It's been posted twice on gumtree over the past week for £1650 as well.

You were keeping it to yourself with the intention to buy, weren't you? nqa043.gif

oh christ :LOL:

Last night I had a dream someone was selling an old MB-1 for $50k on reverb.

Sad thing is that it probably will happen someday. Do we know if they're making more MB-1s? I would imagine there would at least be the change to sustainiacs for the next ones.

egxutFN.jpg

This is almost as bad as that time Bs shut the case lid on his MB-1

Oh no :'( Is the paint that easily dented? :'(

I'm still so tempted with one of these so help me god :$ I hear that the neck profile is pretty different right James/ rust_relic?

Oh no :'( Is the paint that easily dented? :'(

I'm still so tempted with one of these so help me god :$ I hear that the neck profile is pretty different right James/ rust_relic?

Not really. It's just if you smack it against something hard enough like I did.

What rust_relic said, but it's also a little thinner overall I've found.

That's interesting. How does it compare to the proto MB2se? I didn't really like that neck for some reason.

Also i'm definitely not getting one. I was close to contacting Mansons about #14, but i'm going to hold off in the hopes of an MB1s or stealth bomber in the new year.

That's interesting. How does it compare to the proto MB2se? I didn't really like that neck for some reason.

Also i'm definitely not getting one. I was close to contacting Mansons about #14, but i'm going to hold off in the hopes of an MB1s or stealth bomber in the new year.

The prototype MB-2 would have the same neck as the MB-1, so it's a bit thinner and has more of a V to it.

And you should...I wouldn't be surprised if it went up for sale if it comes back from that review.

we don't know either one will happen anytime soon. Plus you'd have the lowest number of the ones we know of. #BraggingRights

I would like to, but I can't get that and an MB, and i'd be kicking myself if I missed out again. I've been on the list for a long time. Besides, If i'm spending upwards of 2k, I want something hand made with highly figured wood.

Speaking of, when do you get your Strat-shape Manson?

I would like to, but I can't get that and an MB, and i'd be kicking myself if I missed out again. I've been on the list for a long time. Besides, If i'm spending upwards of 2k, I want something hand made with highly figured wood.

Speaking of, when do you get your Strat-shape Manson?

End of this month/early next month. I sent in something to have some modifications done, and I requested that they send it back with that

End of this month/early next month. I sent in something to have some modifications done, and I requested that they send it back with that

That sounds incredible. What are the specs for that one?

I love everything about the DR-1, I just don't have the funds for it. I wish Manson had an installment payment plan :(

That sounds incredible. What are the specs for that one?

I love everything about the DR-1, I just don't have the funds for it. I wish Manson had an installment payment plan :(

What sounds incredible?

And I believe the shop does, but I don't think it works outside of the UK.

Nope completely different, the only thing that's the same is the silhouette.

Yours has a darker more tobacco burst, rather than the reddish on this, different bridge with stringsavers and possibly abalone dots? The neck is a two piece birdseye maple with birdseye maple board (no skunk Stripe).

Nope completely different, the only thing that's the same is the silhouette.

Yours has a darker more tobacco burst, rather than the reddish on this, different bridge with stringsavers and possibly abalone dots? The neck is a two piece birdseye maple with birdseye maple board (no skunk Stripe).

I'm impressed. Have you documented the specs since you played it that time?

I realized the bridge was different. No idea what kind the one above has, but mine seems to have a standard strat type bridge with string savers.

Thing is, I don't think it was this spec originally. I'd imagine all three pickups were SDs... didn't you say he recently wired it up with the two magic BKP humbuckers? (or maybe it was someone at the shop who told me that, not sure)

and it's changing again for what it's worth. White holeyless pickup covers on the humbuckers, and a new middle pickup (also with no holes - should look a bit like a lace sensor). Should sound the same overall, just with a different middle pickup. Proper single coil this time.

Is there a wiki for James's new guitar? I should write it. I really like that guitar.

Hugh told me he'd just re-wired it with BKP's but couldn't remember what BKP's they were. They were pretty beefy though, way louder than the MBK1's in the red MA demo guitar and the Shawbucker in the deluxe strat. Sounds like it will be pretty different looking next time we see it.