Manson Guitars & Tanks III: built to last; military grade

james90

Why standard figuring?? I've seen a lot of MBs with necks that I wouldn't consider figured at all. What's the deal?

You're spending £4k, why wouldn't you want AAAAAAAAA grade birdseye?

Because I wanted to keep it consistent with the other ones. They're usually AA apparently, and it pretty much matches up with the others. Maybe a bit less if anything.

No idea, I kind of assumed they'd be busy until at least the new year was out of the way so I haven't bothered them about it since I placed the order. I might drop them an e-mail soon and see if they've got any kind of schedule in mind. Not sure what they've still got to do with everything else at the moment as I've pretty much put it all out of my mind up to now.

Excellent. When do we get to see a mock up of this one?

But that doesn't explain why you want it to be plainer on all of them?!

I would get 3A for all of them if I could, but the previous MBs didn't have the option to choose. They seemed to have 2A as standard, so that's what I got for this.

Besides, I wanted closest to the original :ninja:

http://www.mansonguitars.co.uk/g6?lightbox=image19wc

I would say it has more than that actually.

Not sure I can be bothered this time, haha! I know what I want it to look like but I'm too lazy to photoshop it at the moment. :chuckle:

I guess we'll have to wait another 1.5 years. But I can imagine it anyway. Basically like the MB gloss black, but the BS-1 shape and 7 string?

Just got word I'm receiving Drone 29. My birthday is on the 29th. I kept telling my wife I wanted 69 but I'll take this one! :LOL:

Nice. Any idea when you're receiving it?

I'd imagine #69 was the most frequently requested

Yeah, mine was sent without it too, but it looks like they are ready now. Is yours the same otherwise? I went for the MBK-1 set, custom hardware, no fretboard dots, and standard figuring on the neck.

Same apart from I went with MBK-2 bridge / MBK-1 neck!

Sooo... I may have just purchased Danny Gomez's MB-1. The Matt black without the screen...

EDIT: #superPUMPED

Just wait. Eventually you'll end up like me and Bs.

Same apart from I went with MBK-2 bridge / MBK-1 neck!

Is it time yet?

Just wait. Eventually you'll end up like me and Bs.

I spoke with Adrian about getting a screen installed and having it resprayed once their spray booth comes in. I haven't 100% decided but I'm leaning towards the red glitter with a DL headstock like he played at Reading 2011.

IMG_6035.JPG.0525c322da764a249256701fbbcd6aa2.JPG

I spoke with Adrian about getting a screen installed and having it resprayed once their spray booth comes in. I haven't 100% decided but I'm leaning towards the red glitter with a DL headstock like he played at Reading 2011.

Aw, I would just keep it black and screen-less. Matt mostly just uses those Matt Blacks now, but I assume that the paint is a bit different?

I saw Santa 2.0 at the works a few years back, it only looks like that when it has spotlights pointing at it.

In normal lighting it doesn't look quite so epic, keep that in mind

Matthew_Bellamy_guitars_hanging_zpsumwhygrr.jpg

:)

How do the MB-1 signatures look in red glitter in person?

Guys, what would you value this at?

Spoiler alert: He is asking 1400 gbp

A lot less than 1400, especially with the damage.

How do the MB-1 signatures look in red glitter in person?

Pretty nice. Much better than most of the pictures. They're not caked in glitter like Matt's are though.

I saw Santa 2.0 at the works a few years back, it only looks like that when it has spotlights pointing at it.

Yeah true. I think both @jbias12 and I have seen it at the VIP thing, but it's still got a bit more than the MB-1

Is it time yet?

I am waiting for the invoice and unique link so I can pay it. I fly back to London from Sydney tonight so knowing my luck it will come through whilst I'm airborne! I was hoping to have it ready at home waiting for me to get over the depression of leaving Australia. Blagh

:ninja:

O0qDn3U.jpg

If anything I'd have it redone so it's close to the original one.

I am waiting for the invoice and unique link so I can pay it. I fly back to London from Sydney tonight so knowing my luck it will come through whilst I'm airborne! I was hoping to have it ready at home waiting for me to get over the depression of leaving Australia. Blagh

Maybe I should visit Australia next year. I hear they have a nando's too.

They do, but no Kangaroo peri peri to be had, be warned!

It's ok, I don't think I like the sound of that!

By original, you mean the original red Santa with more of the "swirl" of glitter?

Yeah that one. The batch of MB-1S in red glitter that they did (I recall there's only been one so far) looked pretty nice. Definitely a bit more than mine, but it's ok because batch 2 of the obsolete original version is more Matthew