Manson Guitars & Tanks III: built to last; military grade

james90

Is there a wiki for James's new guitar? I should write it. I really like that guitar.

Hugh told me he'd just re-wired it with BKP's but couldn't remember what BKP's they were. They were pretty beefy though, way louder than the MBK1's in the red MA demo guitar and the Shawbucker in the deluxe strat. Sounds like it will be pretty different looking next time we see it.

You should. Back in 2013, crazybobbles actually offered to let us put some of our guitars on musewiki like he did with his. I recall Olly did for his M1B1, but I never ended up doing it.

And I wouldn't know. They said they were mules, but they played it over the phone, and it sounded massive. I would think that it would sound really bright and almost thin with pickups like that, considering the spec of the rest of the guitar.

Not too different. Mainly just a new middle pickup and white covers over the two humbuckers.

Also, the pearl back plate will need to be replaced since the pick guard is standard white. Will probably just do that myself though.

Not really, if I had to guess I'd say the Miracle Man seem to fit the description. The bridge at least was hotter and fuller in the mids than the nailbombs I've played and it was really, really loud compared to the MA and Strats I'd been playing.

It would make sense that it's something high output, considering it has the hot rails in the middle position.

Interesting choice, I think i'd have gone for an over-wound conventional single so it can Sultans Of Swing with the coil taps.

I would have loved that HSH config for my gigging guitar, shame I don't have the disposable income or i'd own that guitar now.

Interesting choice, I think i'd have gone for an over-wound conventional single so it can Sultans Of Swing with the coil taps.

I would have loved that HSH config for my gigging guitar, shame I don't have the disposable income or i'd own that guitar now.

That did not get the reaction I was expecting. Who would actually put a super distortion as a middle pickup in a strat? Well, most people in the 80s probably did (I had been playing guitar for over 20 years at that point, so I knew better)

It is going to be an overwound single coil. Not sure what would be best, but it's going to match the humbuckers as closely as possible. So probably fairly high output for a single coil.

Ha, you suckered me there. Very glad, as you've done more or less what I would have done too.

In truth I can see why you'd do it if you were concerned about matching the output between the three pickup positions, but it's not something i'd be inclined to do.

I am actually going to get some SD pickups for the Noodles Gaffa Tape replica I've been planning for years (but never actually started, as with almost everything I 'plan' to do).

What would you recommend for switching options? I think as of now, it's just staying the same. Coil splits for each humbucker, and standard 5 way pickup selection.

On that guitar I sent them (which is also a HSH strat, or will be soon) I recall I requested a 3 way switch to use each pickup alone, and only two volume controls (I think it was neck/middle, and bridge)

Not the most versatile I guess, but I wanted to go with something different as I'm not wiring it up myself.

The current switching scheme works fine on my opinion. Not keen on the push pulls as they stick up quite a long way, I'd probably go for push push, but otherwise I think the switching scheme is fine. I guess you could maybe add a phase switch but then it's getting a bit ott.

Is the other stray one of your parts builds?

The current switching scheme works fine on my opinion. Not keen on the push pulls as they stick up quite a long way, I'd probably go for push push, but otherwise I think the switching scheme is fine. I guess you could maybe add a phase switch but then it's getting a bit ott.

Is the other stray one of your parts builds?

Not sure if changing the knobs would help, but I might put the chrome ones on anyway, since they're easier to use for push/pull

And not really. It's an old MIJ squier strat with a new warmoth neck. I'm basically just having it modded to be similar to the guitar that my irncaster was meant to be in the first place.

A lot of it is guessing. Believe it or not, my best guess on what the guitar was originally (because the original guitar had a replacement neck too) is only based on the body color and string tree type :facepalm: There's very little information, and it was supposedly destroyed years ago.

I think it's pretty likely that I got the correct guitar to be modded, but it could've been the fender equivalent. I understand there's very little difference though.

Everything else is just my best guess. It will look similar anyway.