Massive stages are fine. I think most people just have a problem when it starts encumbering the concert by restricting setlists, the band's movement, ability to see the band or just being outright distracting. Ignoring the actors, the T2L tour got it pretty right for arenas and stadiums imo.

I wouldn't have cared what was or wasn't going on with the stage show at the gigs as long as I could SEE the band for more than a little bit of the gig (and honestly, not being able to see the entire band play at the same time was crappy even when I could see someone,) and if the band didn't act like it was torture to even be up there.

Did they think everyone was just looking at the lights so why bother?

People talk about AP being something "old" and "special" that we got at the gigs, but honestly I might as well have been listening to a recording of it.

It's not that special when you physically cannot see it being performed. :(

Do we have heard rumors or new info about the recording of this tour? Ages ago i read something about being released in YT... maybe for xmas?

The Youtube thing was just a throwaway tweet from Matt iirc, didn't sound concrete at all.

Edit: Either way, they probs aren't that fussed about it if they're response to being asked about it is "meh, might slap it on Youtube at some point" :chuckle:

Edited by Jobby

The most "concrete" information about any of that Drones/tour documentary stuff being released is another smug bastard who claims to work for a retailer that had a date listed for the release. Wasn't anything remotely trustworthy.

The person who recorded it said they didn't even know if it was for a release. Nothing I'd hang my hat on.

I like their massive stages, it's part of Muse by now. These days every big band has stepped up their game, a show with a couple of white lights might let people down.

I don't mind the massive stage as long as it isn't massive enough to spread the people who waited 10 hours across the entire venue like this one did. Also, I think distancing themselves too much results in a bad tour due to a bad crowd/strange atmosphere, same applied to those towers in 09. I don't care about shaking hands. However I do think that a willingness and ability to interact with the fans significantly improved T2L's arena tour. Can't really compare the tours before The Resistance because the hardcore types didn't need to get a shout out to Matt for the kind of material they expected.

Also, if people have to be seen/heard to get a decent set, I want to have a fighting chance of being seen/being heard. Look at which places got amazing shows, the places where fans were running into them and pestering them about rarities despite having the same shit crowds. According to some stalker-types I've run across, they're notoriously difficult to meet in the United States. With that in mind, in addition to the stage rotating constantly, running all over the place and Bellamy closing his eyes during the performances, the odds were against us here.

Wish the band would follow the in the footsteps of our lord Devin Townsend and release daily tour vlogs on YouTube (with Tom filling the role of Zim).

What would be the point of that?

A daily vlog in which Muse show the hotel suite they're staying at (maybe even a minute or two of footage of Matt and Chris playing ping pong backstage! :eek:), talk about how nice the fans in *insert random country here* are, maybe Dom getting a massage, then a clip showing their amazing soundcheck performance of Revolt and finally a fantastic live video of Madness or Starlight.

People need to stop romanticizing what it's like to be on tour. It's a job that requires a lot of travel and after you've visited five different cities, the days start blending together and it's the same shit different venue, maybe the seats will be red instead of blue and maybe the arenas will advertise Best Buy rather than Staples.

There are ways to mitigate the effects of touring for both the band and its hardcore fans that are mutually beneficial and I highly encourage them to do these things... But making daily vlogs is not one of them.

I imagine they'd have got pretty fired up supporting U2 on the 360 tour back in 2011-12 They've added catwalks.

However I must say your post is a bit more interesting than chat about doughnuts. It had a nice picture and I had a little outing into Google Translate :D