While I agree that the UK have had loads of opportunities, at some point we gotta remind ourselves that Muse are an English band. They play where they want, and it's no surprise that they favourize playing close to home.

I understand that but a rarities tour that is entirely in response to fan dissatisfaction (which doesn't apply to England AT ALL) is a joke.

It really is a shame if its UK only again, a rarity club tour would sell out in a second in most parts of the world.

Muse are well aware of that, and that's the issue. A world club tour would need at least 3 times as many gigs as they normally do to even satisfy half the people who would normally buy tickets.

I don't get this negative attitude of some people around here. I'm from Poland so most likely I'll never get to see club gigs in my country too, but I'm happy they're doing it at least for some fans in UK/France while rest of us can watch it later online. And if some people expect Muse to do it worldwide is even more hilarious.

I don't expect them to do a worldwide club tour. I just think it would be good for the band and fans to mix it up a little bit more with their venue choices outside of the UK. Its well known how much the band (especially Matt) dislikes performing in the US. Playing some smaller venues over there may draw a crowd more to their liking and the performances could improve as a result.

The band should be doing more of what they enjoy. The LA Staples gig I went to last year wasn't the worst because of the setlist (although that didn't help), but because it was so half arsed.

I don't get this negative attitude of some people around here. I'm from Poland so most likely I'll never get to see club gigs in my country too, but I'm happy they're doing it at least for some fans in UK/France while rest of us can watch it later online. And if some people expect Muse to do it worldwide is even more hilarious.

You don't understand the frustration of watching all the good stuff always happen in one place that you can't get to (without paying mental prices for travel) while the place you live gets actively treated badly (the US)? :erm:

I mean, fair enough if you're in that situation and manage to put aside that frustration in favour of being happy for the people who can go but surely it's not hard to at least understand.

True, but then again, if you do a couple of bad festival sets in the US while doing yet another club rarities tour in the US, that's a bit of a kick to the balls, especially after admitting the US tour was too short and saying you might come back.

And again,Australia . :noey:

I really thought you'd say US :p

Thing is, if you wanted to see a club gig, or four of them, you're looking at a $50 flight round trip. I'm not expecting a club gig in Budapest but I think it is more than fair to expect more than two gigs that are 2000 miles apart (one of which sold out in a minute while the gig in NYC which has twice the people and much better public transit allowing people to come from places like Philadelphia/Washington DC much easier was attainable for about an hour).

Edited by Alexander DeLarge

I think you all expect far too much for a throwaway "watch this space" email, we need more info before throwing theories around

To be fair, I don't think they ever done this before. If they have, I can't remember at least. Even when they've released DVDs in the past, they've usually just either let it come out or said "yeah we're putting a DVD out" iirc. No vague build-up emails tmk. So I'd say it's pretty reasonable to think these 'few surprises' aren't gonna be something totally innocuous.

Besides, the main consensus so far seems to be "probs a DVD + club tour". Not really massive, OTT speculation imo. Whatever it is, I hope we get some more info fairly soon 'cause I don't fancy racking my brain until Christmas :chuckle:

Ryan.

:facepalm:

Guys I'm really sorry but yes my original post was full of shit. I was gonna say so soon after but then the email happened so I decided to roll with it for a little bit.

Apologies.

if I'm being hoodwinked, I shall be very disappointed :phu:

:noey:

I'm still pretty confident it'll happen tho