I think Carrot Fan appreciates the frustration from us though - she gets it. A few m8s were at Montreux and they can appreciate where the salt's coming from. Still a lot of people insisting we should think ourselves lucky we get missionary in the Facebook Musers group though. Dee's shutting them down :LOL:

I think Carrot Fan appreciates the frustration from us though - she gets it. A few m8s were at Montreux and they can appreciate where the salt's coming from. Still a lot of people insisting we should think ourselves lucky we get missionary in the Facebook Musers group though. Dee's shutting them down :LOL:

I'm actually sad I'm missing that. What have I become?

If she appreciates the frustration, why even write that, though?

It wasn't exactly compassionate.

Be appreciative for what you have gotten, and don't tell others how to feel about what they did or didn't get. That's some pretty basic shit, there.

It's a sad little social experiment, really, that proves why society will never improve. :'(

I did all the work of going to all the gigs, and had the money to do so, so why do YOU think you deserve a healthcare... I mean, rarity... handout? Lazy pigs.

(Also, if you get nice things, I'm no longer a special snowflake...)

Room for middle ground?

You mean kinda like being aware that Muse can't cater solely to hardcore fans, but thinking that it shouldn't be that hard to put a few rarities into every set instead of doing them all in one gig unannounced?

What could be more middle ground than asking Muse to put one rarer song into every set?

Or thinking it's disingenuous to tell people how to feel when you've gotten the best available and they got little or nothing, and maybe being compassionate (or silent) would be better?

I've openly stated that I think it's hilariously inappropriate that the Europeans who got decent sets are cussing out a band because they didn't do a full Montreux set on the arena tour. That actually WOULD be a stupid thing for Muse to do.

Playing Assassin, Butterflies, or something comparable (or CE or Bliss, if you're unlucky to be in the US,) is barely middle ground.

It's such a tiny thing to ask for.

Asking for Muse to donate 4-5 minutes to hardcore fans per gig being seen as "extreme" and unreasonable is kind of concerning.

You mean kinda like being aware that Muse can't cater solely to hardcore fans, but thinking that it shouldn't be that hard to put a few rarities into every set instead of doing them all in one gig unannounced?

Depends what you call rarities. Drones Europe had rarities. And Montreux wasn't really Drones. More a one off. I get the frustration of those who weren't there, but particularly those in the US....And yes, the US Drones tour looked lame. And yes there are too many of the pop regulars, (for my taste anyway).

But that's not really what I mean. I mean the extreme fan against fan stuff. Like telling peeps in the US they should go to Europe to get better setlists. Not a good thing to say. Or claims of being shafted for not getting Futurism in Brighton. Disappointment (for how many?) gets escalated to a consensus view of being shafted. Also not good.

Asking for a rare song, considering the area, seems more than fair.

And while sadly CE and Bliss are rare in the US, they're not in Europe.

So while I would have killed for a lot of those Europe sets, it's also understandable that those songs aren't as big of a deal to them, and Assassin and Butterflies are requested, etc., after a gig gets all the rares.

The UD/TaB rotation is a good European example.

And the fan vs fan in this case has once again been initiated by someone who got what everyone is bitching about wanting.

Depends what you call rarities. Drones Europe had rarities. And Montreux wasn't really Drones. More a one off. I get the frustration of those who weren't there, but particularly those in the US....And yes, the US Drones tour looked lame. And yes there are too many of the pop regulars, (for my taste anyway).

But that's not really what I mean. I mean the extreme fan against fan stuff. Like telling peeps in the US they should go to Europe to get better setlists. Not a good thing to say. Or claims of being shafted for not getting Futurism in Brighton. Disappointment (for how many?) gets escalated to a consensus view of being shafted. Also not good.

Which rarities exactly? Sure there were previously rare songs that showed up at 50% of the gigs at most (Like AP and TaB), but most songs only made a handful of appearances.

But to some extent, they're effing right, we can't deny it.

Just think about Turkish fans who now won't be able to see them, even after years and years, because of the disastrous socio-political situation they're in the middle of.

(Some of them are mercilessly insulting the band because of this, but still.)

My friend was deployed in Turkey for 7 months and trust me, the people of Turkey have far bigger problems than not being able to see a band. If my country were a literal war zone, I wouldn't want or expect my favorite band to come around either.

perspective people at least u get a muse gig :)

You should think yourself lucky you were born on earth and not somewhere with no oxygens :)

Facetiousness aside, I'm sick of being told what I can't chat shit about online. I complained yesterday about people calling women 'females' and apparently people are offended about my being 'offended' - it was a brief post about a personal pet hate, not a call to arms. Being told 'More important things to worry about love' is the one thing that winds me up the most about the internet.