Hmm. She needs to work a carrot into her Muse gig sex analogy.

She's had about the best Muse experience that anyone could ask for; she needs to be grateful instead of being condescending to those less fortunate (while still bragging) and trying to garner even more attention. Maybe be content with what's she had, instead of using it to act superior. But, you know, when people are mad about what you have, it makes it hard to brag about it, I guess.

(I mean, imho, of course.)

Makes it even more gross that people associated with the band like it.

My friend was at Brighton and was with someone who was all of the Psycho Tour gigs. After the gig my friend saw the set and saw Futurism had been crossed off for Dead Inside and started complaining about it and the other girl said "who cares you should be grateful for what you did get!" i.e. the worst gig of the tour and shafted out of probably a once in a lifetime chance of seeing that song live. Especially shit coming from someone who had been at the others and seen that song twice in the past week.

Edit: This post essentially has no context now since it was basically a reply to the deleted Jobby post.

Dead Inside was released the day of the Brighton gig. I can't really see it being played as 'being shafted'. It was the first live play of DI so it was the ultimate rarity at that time.

Having said that, I don't like like DI, except for the last minute. :)

Edit: This post essentially has no context now since it was basically a reply to the deleted Jobby post.

I thought it sounded too much like an angry rant :LOL: sowwy

What you said pretty much encapsulates the sentiment though.

Dead Inside was released the day of the Brighton gig. I can't really see it being played as 'being shafted'. It was the first live play of DI so it was the ultimate rarity at that time.

Playing Dead Inside is perfectly fine and was to be expected, it's the swapping it in for Futurism that's the 'being shafted' part. A new album single that's about to be played at every future gig on the tour doesn't equate to a 13-year-old fan favourite that'd only been played 2 or 3 times beforehand.

No, it being played is not being shafted, but it replacing something which is and always has been and probably always will be an ultra rarity IS getting shafted. They could've dropped Starlight for it, since dropping Starlight was something they were at least open to the idea of doing on the Psycho Tour.

I wonder why he deleted that, it wasn't wrong. *edit: angry rants are cathartic. :chuckle: And in this case, justified.

The vast majority of people who act this way to upset fans have already had great gigs, and seen what they want.

A lot of the people screaming at me to shut up and "go to Europe if you want a good gig" DID go to Europe... and then screamed about Montreux. Shows how secure they were in getting what they wanted, and their abuse coming from that position, doesn't it?

It's just posturing to look good to the band (whatever perceived good that does,) and to look superior to other fans.

And then a lot of people who probably do feel slighted by the band are afraid to say anything, because they don't want other fans (or a band who has no idea who they even are) to be upset with them.

My friend was at Brighton and was with someone who was all of the Psycho Tour gigs. After the gig my friend saw the set and saw Futurism had been crossed off for Dead Inside and started complaining about it and the other girl said "who cares you should be grateful for what you did get!" i.e. the worst gig of the tour and shafted out of probably a once in a lifetime chance of seeing that song live. Especially shit coming from someone who had been at the others and seen that song twice in the past week.

This doesn't surprise me at all. I've noticed that most of the people with that view have all gotten rarities, been to special gigs, etc. It's like, once you've gotten it for yourself, screw everyone else.

No, it being played is not being shafted, but it replacing something which is and always has been and probably always will be an ultra rarity IS getting shafted.

It was billed as 'The Psycho Tour' not the 'utra rarity' tour. Disappointment at not getting a hoped for song is one thing, being 'shafted' is another.

(much as I personally prefer Futurism to Dead Inside)

It was billed as 'The Psycho Tour' not the 'utra rarity' tour. Disappointment at not getting a hoped for song is one thing, being 'shafted' is another.

(much as I personally prefer Futurism to Dead Inside)

But we all know what it was, and Matt confirmed that that was the intention on twitter as well.

Yeah, it might be fair to say that people didn't know buying tickets, but once it started, it was pretty clear what it was.

Plus, it's a bit different when you know something was supposed to be there, and it got knocked off in favor of something that would be played at EVERY subsequent gig, especially when it's one of the rarest songs you can get, and they played some other staples that should have gotten the bump.

It's like knowing Bliss was crossed off a US setlist, because Bliss is sadly the US equivalent for a rare song. :'(

Well, and the US gig didn't have a shiny new song that needed a slot, it was just sort of a "fuck you" to the crowd. But close.

Speaking of removing stuff from setlists... Assassin not being played again (or any rare song) immediately after it gets added back to France and Matt makes two IG posts about it...?

I don't condone swearing at a band on Twitter, or booing them at a gig, but aren't they really setting themselves up for it when it's all they seem to respond to? (And only for one gig afterwards.)