Like Tjet said, there's always someone worse off, and shutting down arguments with "there's starving kids in Africa" is pretty much admitting you don't have a good argument but you want to have the last word anyways.

When I said I was ultimately going to the Drones Tour because I couldn't refund the flights or sell the tickets, someone actually told me to fly out there, give them away, and go work at a soup kitchen.

Did I ask that person how much it cost them to see 50+ gigs and "go to Europe," and how that money could have helped the homeless or little kids with cancer?

No (but I really wanted to.)

Wait, so we're saying US Psycho Tour was not great? Cuz I consider myself pretty fortunate to go to the Mayan Show and sympathize with hardcore fans who couldn't get in, but if that wasn't a great show after all, then I'll start acting haughty about it instead. :p:LOL:

Although Weenie Roast was, indeed, nothing that special, rarities-wise.

Not saying it wasn't great, just that it clearly showed how the band views their US fan base vs their European one.

It was honestly closer to the UK arena tours than to the UK Psycho Tour.

It certainly makes one think they would not bother bringing a "rarities tour" here (disclaimer: I hold no belief of that happening anywhere.)

In the same way Europe doesn't appreciate getting Bliss and CE the same way we do.

Weenie Roast was exactly the set list I'd have expected, it just appeared Matt was in a bastard of a mood.

But yeah, why I won't fly out to a festival even if I am miraculously cured.

Edited by SerpentSatellite

Once we got past "Muse should make their setlists more consistent and play a couple more rarities each night", which we did ages ago, there really hasn't been much to say on this thread (other than :) , or something)

But every day we need 2 or 3 more pages of the same arguments otherwise how will people understand?

Wait, so we're saying US Psycho Tour was not great? Cuz I consider myself pretty fortunate to go to the Mayan Show and sympathize with hardcore fans who couldn't get in, but if that wasn't a great show after all, then I'll start acting haughty about it instead. :p:LOL:

Although Weenie Roast was, indeed, nothing that special, rarities-wise.

It was a great show, but let's not pretend that it couldn't be better when many of the festivals got more rarities in Europe. They had no production and the tickets were the same prices that we saw in the arenas if I'm remembering correctly. Why not at least play 20 songs?

The Mayan/Webster should be the absolute bare minimum that we should be getting at the arenas. Preferably with 4-5 songs added. Perfect mix of old/new and accessibility.

Edited by Alexander DeLarge

Also, I just looked at that sex tweet post and some Americans are even jumping in with "#notallmusefans are entitled babies". Conveniently East Coasters that historically have been treated rather well with the exception of this tour (where no one but the start and end of the US tour got treated particularly well).

Wouldn't be the first time ignoramuses from America have gone against their own interests :^)

Also, I just looked at that sex tweet post and some Americans are even jumping in with "#notallmusefans are entitled babies". Conveniently East Coasters that historically have been treated rather well with the exception of this tour (where no one but the start and end of the US tour got treated particularly well).

Entitled babies? :rolleyes: I'm so glad I'm staying out of that (and avoiding it on FB as well.) I wouldn't be surprised if I know some of those people...it's disgusting and disappointing they feel that way (but not surprising at all.)

Edited to add: any way to make the text "Member" under my name be "entitled baby" instead? ;)

Edited by hyena
stupid stuff

Entitled babies? :rolleyes: I'm so glad I'm staying out of that (and avoiding it on FB as well.) I wouldn't be surprised if I know some of those people...it's disgusting and disappointing they feel that way (but not surprising at all.)

Edited to add: any way to make the text "Member" under my name be "entitled baby" instead? ;)

You can change your undertitle on the first of every month.

I fucked that up for years.

In other news, Bellamy apparently reads his IG comments, if that's relavent to anyone's interests.

I 'whatever trevor'ed him, I'm so mature

And i might've suggested the tortoise picks the next setlist.

It was a great show, but let's not pretend that it couldn't be better when many of the festivals got more rarities in Europe. They had no production and the tickets were the same prices that we saw in the arenas if I'm remembering correctly. Why not at least play 20 songs?

The Mayan/Webster should be the absolute bare minimum that we should be getting at the arenas. Preferably with 4-5 songs added. Perfect mix of old/new and accessibility.

So I checked... Mayan was $93 for me (face value + fees), while the Staples Center shows last year were $86 for floor.

On the other hand, the Drones Tour has been getting 17 full songs (20-21 total), and the Mayan got 17 full songs (18 total).

In terms of rarities, I see what you mean now... The Mayan got Hyper Music (the ultimate U.S. rarity, since it's the only time that song's ever been played) + Assassin. It got New Born, which is a rarity now (:(:(:(), and it go Apocalypse Please, which I'd consider to be a rarity especially at the time. So that's four.

The UK Psycho Tour was only getting like 2-3 rarities per show. I guess Webster only got one rarity (The Groove) + NB + AP, the iHeartRadio show was the NY equivalent of Weenie Roast, and then they went nowhere else.

So OK, from that perspective, there's pretty clear support for the UK >>>>> US thing. I took it for granted because I got to go to the best US Psycho Tour show and though New York's shows were parallel.

I still fucking tear up and need to take a moment every time someone mentions the Mayan, don't get me wrong (but my Muse life goal is seeing Bliss, and having them look like it's not killing them to play it... I'm a damn cheap date.)

I'm glad Matt's blowing it out his ass about some "rarities tour" because I never want to go through that again.

But yeah, that was the point... Assassin is considered on par with Fury, or Futurism, or Uno or something in the US. And they got, really, one song each gig. HM was a true last minute addition, and wasn't intended.

New Born was played a ton in the prior tour, and AP was really a warm up for the Drones Tour, so it's not really the same.

I would love to know what Matt's sudden gripe is with New Born, because maybe it isn't known here (although that never stopped them before, did it?) it's the song that got a lot of European fans into the band in the first place.

And wasn't Butterflies common at the stadiums last time? Or am I remembering that wrong? Why is it "shit" now?

His hang ups about playing songs has escalated a TON in the last year. Wtf happened?

Edited by SerpentSatellite

I think most had 4.

Looks like 3-4, more 3's than 4's. But point taken.

Newborn was NOT played a ton (in the U.S.) in T2L tour. The roulette wheel hit SS probably 2 out of 3 or 3 out of 4 times, and even in The Resistance Tour, it was getting dropped. I also wonder why. I love that song.

And i might've suggested the tortoise picks the next setlist.

01. Stockholm Shelldome

02 .Supermassive Life Span

03. Map of the Galapagos

04. Plod in Baby

05. Terrapins & Herbivores

06. The Pet Handler

07. The Groove (On My Back)

08. Wind Resistance

09. Sing for Abshellution

10. (Desert) Animals

11. Time Is Crawling Out

12. Knights of Shelldonia

It's only half a set because it would be played at half speed.

Edited by Corkscrewed

Honestly, 1/3 of gigs is damn near a staple for a non-hit in the US. :supersad:

I loved the T2L tour, but it still suffered from the "we'll play a couple of awesome things at the first gig and then drop them immediately" syndrome.

(And then apparently the "we don't give a fuck anymore" weird songs in the second leg, syndrome. Of course, we aren't even getting a 2nd leg anymore...)

I can't be the only one who thinks the band seems... I don't know restless, I guess, on the stage? Personal life issues on someone, maybe? I don't know if it's just me, but during the show in Helsinki, it wasn't just the crappy setlist, but there was just something wrong. Like they didn't enjoy doing the show, or like I said, stress from some issues in personal life. Could be just me, but that's how I feel.

EDIT: And I'm saying this because maybe it is the thing behind these 'issues'.

I can't be the only one who thinks the band seems... I don't know restless, I guess, on the stage? Personal life issues on someone, maybe? I don't know if it's just me, but during the show in Helsinki, it wasn't just the crappy setlist, but there was just something wrong. Like they didn't enjoy doing the show, or like I said, stress from some issues in personal life. Could be just me, but that's how I feel.

EDIT: And I'm saying this because maybe it is the thing behind these 'issues'.

It seems to me they currently aren't having any family issues...