Interesting that Blue Valentine is still the answer to which song he wish he would have written. Same as it was 13 years ago.

I took from that answer that Feeling Good will never die. :'(

A lot of the answers were the same as old ones, too, down to the creepy naked painting one.

Video's worth it for the skateboard, and Matt snagging up the rug with his chair, though.

I took from that answer that Feeling Good will never die. :'(

A lot of the answers were the same as old ones, too, down to the creepy naked painting one.

Video's worth it for the skateboard, and Matt snagging up the rug with his chair, though.

Yes.

And Matt is so twitchy! Even though they all look knackered. At least 20 Matt twitches for each of D or C, I reckon.

Yes.

And Matt is so twitchy! Even though they all look knackered. At least 20 Matt twitches for each of D or C, I reckon.

I still think the 'somewhere between 1 and 10 hours of sleep' contributed to the differences we saw in the gigs, sadly.

(and was there a cocaine comment in there...?)

I saw the skateboard thing in the comments too, but where is it in the video?

It starts at about 8:30, and escalates quickly.

oooh, I was scrolling through the video looking for an actual skateboard :LOL:

I think we all know how that would end. :chuckle:

I did love the part where he comes to and quickly shoves it in his pocket after he starts messing around with it on his pants, though.

I kind of want to know why he had that in the first place.

This didn't get a lot of views so I'll share it with the 5 people that post here.

[YT]

[/YT]

thanks, brightened my morning.

I was there.

TAB was such a bonus on this tour. Never thought I'd hear it live again, and it's one of my all-time top five. Love the minor keys, the key changes and the demonic build.

Fab visuals, with the holographic flames shooting up from Matt

Think that video probably answers why they might shun us here on this tour. When he talks about a Russia tour with the Drones show not being possible and having too many trucks driving too far etc I guess the same thing could apply here with how far apart our major cities are. Still shitty if they don't come here though. Just bring a fucking stripped down show.

EDIT: Also that Pro audio of TaB is pretty cool.

I wonder if they were originally planning to use this second festival run as the time to go to Australia, to get around bringing the full production. Hence Matt's "What happened to Big Day Out?" tweet when asked about it. You would've thought their tour managers would be aware that it ended in 2014 and sorted something else out though.

I wonder if they were originally planning to use this second festival run as the time to go to Australia, to get around bringing the full production. Hence Matt's "What happened to Big Day Out?" tweet when asked about it. You would've thought their tour managers would be aware that it ended in 2014 though.

You'd think so. Also though, BDO was always in January and their current festival run is July/August so I'm not entirely convinced that's the case.

I wonder if they were originally planning to use this second festival run as the time to go to Australia, to get around bringing the full production. Hence Matt's "What happened to Big Day Out?" tweet when asked about it. You would've thought their tour managers would be aware that it ended in 2014 and sorted something else out though.

I think that was exactly the case. Why on earth else would he have answered that question asking about BDO? And he'd said the end of the year for Australia, so that would have actually been pretty accurate (in Matt time.)

Sadly, their tour manager seemed to really drop the ball on this whole thing, didn't he?

Not even just cancelled shows, but that horrendous last minute, piecemeal US thing. :noey: How many people bought Detroit tickets before Chicago was announced and then didn't want to go anymore?

Surely there's still some sort of festival in Australia, no? I really do hope they figure out something for them, or at least address the problem, since they were talking about shows there since literally before album release.

This didn't get a lot of views so I'll share it with the 5 people that post here.

[YT]

[/YT]

I just got too down to really watch anything from the post-US tour.

I think I saved it in the folder with the Mayan gig.

If anyone's interested:

Nothing new.

Starting to actually think the stuff about Matt being prepared for the end of the world isn't a running gag.

You mean it was a running gag?

Saying that, I'd have thought LA would be a terrible place to be if there was an apocalypse.

I've been going through a lot of old Muse live stuff on the YT again - 2000-2001 era, today (bf for some reason thought Matt's eyes closed thing was new, not sure why we're having this discussion, and thank you standard definition for making this so hard...)

Unpopular opinion: I personally don't care for a lot of the "crazy" stuff the band did in these days; the screaming, super ott stage antics and all the flailing around - I think it actually feels a bit like they were trying to hard to not be "boring" and some of it feels a bit forced.

You see a lot of people complain about wanting this back, but how fucking immature would this look with the band now? :chuckle:

I'll never say these Drones shows didn't suffer from the opposite - a real lack of apparent enthusiasm - but man, the TR through T2L stuff I've seen just hit that perfect balance for me.

Also holy vocal distortion abuse.

I always forget about that for some reason.

You mean it was a running gag?

Saying that, I'd have thought LA would be a terrible place to be if there was an apocalypse.

I seem to remember, from ages and ages ago, he talked about having some type of shelter/safe place that he'd stocked up w stuff to survive on. But it wasn't in LA it was in Devon (UK). Safer place for the apocalypse ??? ;)

I seem to remember, from ages and ages ago, he talked about having some type of shelter/safe place that he'd stocked up w stuff to survive on. But it wasn't in LA it was in Devon (UK). Safer place for the apocalypse ??? ;)

If there is an apocalypse or alien invasion, it'll start in USA, probably in California.

Yeah in the Q magazine article in 2009 the month that The Resistance came out, he mentioned having bought a supermarket's worth of baked beans, and an axe, and his then-girlfriend had to talk him out of buying a crossbow. And I think Dom mentioned he has stuff in his LA house in Q ahead of the release of Drones, but that I don't remember.

Lake Como might be a safer bet than anything in the UK tbh. Or that Miraval place in the French Alps where they started recording Black Holes and Revelations.