The vagueness of it also leaves it open to being used for damn near any side in a conflict, too, as evidenced by the Republicans and Tea Party using Uprising in their rallies and speeches for years.

Sanders used it, Trump has used it. Glen Beck has been using it since it came out (and using Hoodoo references that caused me to dry heave...)

Which, again, is the point of these sorts of songs.

Although, interestingly, it might not be the best pro-Remain song... I mean, if that's the case, of course.

Quite so.

"They will not control us" is a powerful sentiment and the song's tone is rousing. Job done.

The song's tone is full of light-hearted camp and cheese. Not necessarily a bad thing on its own but it doesn't work well at all when used for any kind of serious political message, it just looks a bit silly imo. Plus it's a bit late to be singing "we will be victorious" now, unless you were pro-leave I guess.

Anyway, it's a massively divisive and sensitive issue that Matt would probably be best off not bringing up in front of 100,000 people who're just looking to have a good time. Which means he'll probably do it.

The song's tone is full of light-hearted camp and cheese. Not necessarily a bad thing on its own but it doesn't work well at all when used for any kind of serious political message, it just looks a bit silly imo. [/size]

Matt:

“I sort of wanted to write a song that summed up that feeling like you’ve been done over by people you’re supposed to trust. That’s kind of where the song’s coming from really.”

Read more at http://www.mtv.co.uk/muse/news/muse-uprising-was-inspired-by-g20-protests#MOZOOp7APJc0GQEl.99

You can have a serious message under a camp delivery. What else does it tap into when we sing "they will not control us" "we will be victorious"? It is an anti-etablishment 'fuck them' song whether camped up or not.

Although I agree w you that the referendum has been massively divisive. Wouldn't think Matt would add to that at Glasto.

Matt is a very political individual. You guys think the referendum will affect this night show or the next in Paris?

Considering the article he posted, I doubt it'll get that political since he believes it's all a big sham.

Also, that interview with BBC radio mentioned the big show small show tour again. They really need to fucking do that. I'd love to have smaller gigs focus on the hardcore fans and do the big shows for the masses that are there for the spectacle.