Let's make it happen!

Ski suits > Drones suits.

Could you imagine them in the much warmer environs of Lisbon on Monday wearing those? :chuckle:

I didn't mind the "go-kart" red-trimmed outfits on the Psycho Tour last March, and in that vid. The ones used between that and getting the drone trouser/jacket suits did look rubbish.

I love that only Morgan looks even slightly embarrassed. Dom is embracing it thoroughly.

Morgan looks as though that's what a middle-aged man might actually wear...

Chris and Matt are retro chi-chi girly tongue-in-cheek and don't give a shit so that's funny

but Dom aargh that shiny suit is filth, grime, and needs to burn in hell.

Well there's also some fan claiming Glen said they did soundcheck Defector at some point, and they didn't like the way it sounded.

So maybe that really is what happened. Dom also said in the Q&A thing that it was soundchecked and he said they did like how it sounded, but maybe the others (ie. Matt) didn't like it and decided against playing it?

I mean, we know that's exactly what happened, but more of "why tell some poor fans you're going to play it, and then not play it?"

Like, with Jobby and the Assassin sign; Matt looked at it, but didn't confirm it or anything. Defector got a really specific answer, and it either didn't pan out, or was a snarky response to having already played it.

Could you imagine them in the much warmer environs of Lisbon on Monday wearing those? :chuckle:

I didn't mind the "go-kart" red-trimmed outfits on the Psycho Tour last March, and in that vid. The ones used between that and getting the drone trouser/jacket suits did look rubbish.

I did think the red trim should have been carried over; it at least gave a tiny bit of color to the outfits.

The onesies were always a bad idea, even if it was meant to represent something. The only way anyone ever would know what it represented is on the off chance they'd read the one interview where Matt brought it up, and STILL then only would have made sense if they'd bothered to make a story out of the setlist.

Morgan looked so, so unimpressed with the whole thing. :LOL:

I'm also taking from Matt's Tweets that while he might make the setlists, the others usually get to outvote him on the stage outfits. Thank god.

I'd like to see how far he could push Chris until he throws him at the drumkit again

Yes it is. Makes me want to listen to T2L, not done that for a while.

There was a good crowd at that gig

No, the crowd wasn't that good.

The first 3-4 rows (less than 200 people) were jumping and singing. But the rest of the crowd (more than 400 people) were just standing there, drinking champagne and filming with their phones. there were lots and lots of sponsors and officials of Warner Europe.

Seems pretty common with these sorts of gigs, and makes it a REAL shame they use them to play songs that won't ever get played elsewhere.

And how the crowd feels is really only relevant to right where you're standing, anyways. It's hard to see out of your spot, or get a feeling for other spots when you aren't in them.

After the gig I met an couple (about 45 years old). The woman said, that she didn't like the gig because it was too "loud". I asked her about her favorite song, she said "I only know Madness" and her husband said "I don't know the band at all - but now I know, why I don't know them… I don't like rock music!". I nearly started crying…

They got the tickets (and the train and the hotel room), because they knew someone from Warner Europe…

I do understand that there are people from Warner Music or similar… I don't know a proper word… institutions (?). But the ratio should be 75% "real fans" - 25% "label/other guests"… and not the opposite like in the Cologne, Gloria gig case...

The Mayan in the US was pretty shitty with industry types, friends, insiders and random people who won a contest, too.

I don't know why they bother unless they're going to do a more thorough tour and give fans a shot of getting in.

It's pretty evil that Cologne was the ONLY performance of Defector, for sure.

And I jumped at my gigs about equal times that Matt did, so I feel just fine. :phu::chuckle:

AB Brussels was the only performance of Defector.

ah crap, I got those two confused. Cologne was the one with Fury, Supremacy and Assassin then, right?

I swear these meds are killing my memory, and it's not because I just crossed that 37 year old mental decline barrier... :ninja: (officially, my meds were just linked to dementia. :chuckle: )

That was still the one you couldn't buy tickets to, right?

I still hate their belief in playing the songs their hardcore fans want to see in gigs that are too hard for their hardcore fans to get into.

I don't get it. At all.

Showbiz at a small gig in France? I can imagine the bloodbath the ticket sales for that gig would be anyways.

Edited by SerpentSatellite

If they do something like the Psycho Club tour again (hopefully in continental europe), I'm willing to pay a fortune to see as many gigs as possible.

I still hate myself for not going to the Manchester gig (I already had plans for the day and the flights were expensive as shit)…

But seeing Fury and Assassin was… epic.

edit:

And having Royal Blood as support was epic as well :)

another edit:

hahahahaha :D

Sunburn :D It's not "Big Freeze", but it's funny too :D

Edited by blubb0r

Showbiz at a small gig in France? I can imagine the bloodbath the ticket sales for that gig would be anyways.

Oh god don't, I'm aiming to get a ticket to that (assuming it actually happens) and just thinking about it sets my anxiety off :chuckle:

Made even worse by it being super hard to buy second-hand tickets for their small gigs as well nowadays, so if you don't manage to get one in the 10 seconds it takes to sell out then that's pretty much it :( Also makes it nigh impossible to go to multiple gigs if they're announced at the same time.

Actual set from yesterday.

JFK's finally found it's rightful place as main set closer, noice.