Drones stage set up

Alex5

Does that confirm the cheap seats will be level 4 or is it just differentiating them?

By my thoughts the area that made up the cheap seats in 2009 and 2012 could still be that area. But who knows.

No it's just differentiating them, but you're right the cheap seats are probably level 4. I don't think the usual cheap seats will be cheap this time seeing the view probably won't be any worse than the normal lower tier seats.

If its a true 360 production then in theory you could charge the same price from whichever spot. I'd have thought the side stage level 4 seats would have a great view.

Well you'll still be further away due to being further back and higher up, but yeah I was thinking it'll be just as good anyway because of the staging.

If it is a "production" show, then I'll be quite happy to sit. Don't underestimate the size of the o2.

These particular Arena's have a decent height clearance, however they choose to do it, suspending the lighting/video/toys may be possible. Previous in the round type stage get done this way on an Arena scale.

I'm a big fan of the 360 degree shows. Especially the advanced/high-tech stuff that U2 pioneered with their 360 tour (of stadiums) and this year's i+e tour (of arenas). Flying (suspending) the speakers makes for much better sound, and much cleaner lines and better visibility for everyone in the audience (where old school in-the-round gigs were marred by hit or miss sound and poor visibility half the time).

And from a fan on the floor's perspective, these shows have a much better feel to them. Instead of band on one side and everyone just crushing up towards the stage, it has more of a club feel. You can hang back a bit and still be really close to the stage, and for those who want to be as close as possible there's more stage space to press up against (since the audience surrounds the stage, as opposed to presses up against one side of it).

The main thing I would hope is for it to be flexible, a tour production shouldn't give away all it's secrets in the first 5 minutes. Everything can be moved easily and quickly with modern rigging control, lighting trusses, video, the lot, that's scratching the surface.

Personally my favourite production to date is NIN - Tension Tour.