Drones stage set up

Alex5

More or less. As I recall with that they used a pulley underneath the runway to get from the stage to the middle of the stadium. As I recall - YouTube seems to have deleted the HAARP Behind the Scenes footage.

It was a runaway, they had to lay dawn and were delivered to the other side through a very tiny, tiny conduct. Very claustrophobic.

• 2 weeks later...
So many complaints. Jeez. Just be glad they're touring and making music. I'd be happy to see them beat some trash cans together. People call themselves fans and all they do is say nothing but negative things.

Why? They aren't doing it out of the kindness of their own hearts. It's a job that people pay them to do. I don't walk out of a shop and consider myself lucky that the cashier gave me the items I paid for.

Also, I can't remember the last complaint I saw on here that wasn't legitimate tbh. I will more than gladly praise them when they do something right but when they do something shitty, they should be called out for it. If we weren't fans, we wouldn't care or want them to improve.

Edited by Jobby

I can't understand the mentality that we should be glad no matter what they do. And really? Trash cans?

I don't know how many times I can say this, but a lot of us are here because not only did we like their old material, but we DO like the new stuff, too.

Drones is my favorite album of theirs in 10 years, in fact.

But, that doesn't make me have to say nothing but positive things about how they conduct their business, particularly on tours.

The length of the setlists are a bit shameful considering how popular they are as a band, and how much their charge. If someone is going to turn around and say they'd be happy with one song, or banging on trash cans, you have WAY too much disposable income and time.

The trying to pass off the poor visibility of the 360 stage before it starts isn't a good sign. Makes me think all my fears are quite valid, in fact.

"Every seat is a good view" compared to what, exactly...? This is only a valid statement assuming tickets behind the stage are sold, and only to those people.

Otherwise, in a traditional end stage, everyone sees the front all the time, whereas here, it's 50/50 back and front, but we're paying as if we were always in the front.

I guess I just have a different opinion than you. You're making a lot of assumptions before you actually see it. And yes I'll be happy with whatever they do, but I'm just grateful for the chance to see them.

Assumptions of what? Unless you mean the adversity towards the probable restricted view that 360 stages almost always cause, which I'd say is fairly reasonable. Well, that, and some people (me included) don't like the sound of the 'theatrics' the band plan on pulling out on the tour.

These aren't wild claims based on random speculation.

Edit: I don't mean to sound snooty or aggressive btw. I just think that a lot of people let the band get away with enough stuff as it is.

Edited by Jobby

It's alright. Honestly I'm just happy to be able to see them and am just excited. The last 2 times they've come around where I live I've just had a newborn baby so I wasn't able to go. So finally I'll get a chance to see them. It's been on me and my husband's bucket list for years.

I've got a feeling that Matt and Chris will move around a lot, so that for 90% of the show you'll be looking at the face of at least one of them.

I'm pretty sure that's almost impossible, unless they're constantly spinning around when they're on one of the catwalk things (and even then, the people standing near the centre of the stage would probs have a poor view).

I genuinely don't see any point in this kind of stage other than to maybe feed the ego of the artist. The cons massively outweigh the pros.

If they're constantly moving or not half the stage is the back at times. Besides, someone associated with the tour said the stage spins and you'll see the band up front twice.

I'm assuming that means only the centre circle bit which, presumably, only Dom and Morgan will spend 100% of the time on. But yeah, either way, there's gonna be a lot of 'back of the head' action for some people.

I think the show will be great and am quite excited about it. It's just a downer to see so many people complain before they've even seen the whole thing.
I feel the same. My advice: don't spend too much time here, or you'll get down, too. It's catching. ;)

I'm feeling the catwalks will be piano songs during that period of the rotation.

The arms might be really undesirable places to stand.

I can't imagine anywhere on the floor will be desirable, honestly. Being in the elevated lower bowl sections nearest the middle part of the stage will probably allow for the overall clearest view, and the price scheme seems to reflect this with some shows charging more for reserved lower bowl than GA standing.

I can't imagine anywhere on the floor will be desirable, honestly. Being in the elevated lower bowl sections nearest the middle part of the stage will probably allow for the overall clearest view, and the price scheme seems to reflect this with some shows charging more for reserved lower bowl than GA standing.

I noticed that they're all either the same for GA and first tier, or first tier costs more.

Makes me think it's going to be super hard to see the band from GA at some points, and/or the visuals are going to be too high to see from the floor.

Too much stress involved with this tour... Wish there was more information.

I noticed that they're all either the same for GA and first tier, or first tier costs more.

Makes me think it's going to be super hard to see the band from GA at some points, and/or the visuals are going to be too high to see from the floor.

Too much stress involved with this tour... Wish there was more information.

They were saying that the stage will be lower than most productions so that people in GA can see them better, so the stage would hopefully be as low as the diamond push-out was in the last tour (so roughly the height of the barrier)

They were saying that the stage will be lower than most productions so that people in GA can see them better, so the stage would hopefully be as low as the diamond push-out was in the last tour (so roughly the height of the barrier)

Lower stage would equal harder to see the band if you're not in the very front, too, though I was thinking more along the lines of the visuals behind suspended from the ceiling, and being too high to see from the floor level unless you're too far back to see the band.

The production company they're working with is really good, so I have faith that if it was a shit idea, someone would tell them. Dress rehearsal soon, so I'd imagine we'll get some press shots early November.

Appears to be dress rehearsal show on November 11th in LA. The Edge in Toronto has contest to win tickets, and specifically mentions the date: http://www.edge.ca/the-muse-edge-adventure-to-la/

So yes, would definitely expect to see some press shots by then.