Drones stage set up

Alex5

So I want tickets to the MA show but not sure about what kind. Would the seats at the end of the arrows be the best then or is upper balcony, but in the middle of the stage better (like the VIP seated seats but further up). Would I get more of the 'experience' sitting in middle section of the balcony or at the end of an arrow closer to the stage?

EDIT- Or would getting seats at, like the corner of the arena- not at the end of the arrows, not at the center, but in between them. what option would be best?

EDIT II- Okay but it turns out there is GA available too so and so GA is the place to be, right?

Edited by mapofmercy

My only problem with the stage set up is that, no matter where you are, part of the gig will be the equivalent of the back of the stage.

In my day, that was "obstructed view" and wasn't even full price.

That's not an assumption, that's factual.

I'm really hoping they have some way to work around that.. idk how but i'm excited to see.. hopefully they do cuz I agree I don't want to stare at backs for a whole concert

I'm really hoping they have some way to work around that.. idk how but i'm excited to see.. hopefully they do cuz I agree I don't want to stare at backs for a whole concert

There isn't really any way for them to work around it tbh, it's pretty much an inevitability.

A source also revealed that the centre part of the stage (which, presumably, is where Dom and Morgan will permanently be) will rotate like twice throughout the gig. So you'll only be able to see those two from the front for about...what, 20/30 minutes of a 2 hour gig, if that?

There isn't really any way for them to work around it tbh, it's pretty much an inevitability.

A source also revealed that the centre part of the stage (which, presumably, is where Dom and Morgan will permanently be) will rotate like twice throughout the gig. So you'll only be able to see those two from the front for about...what, 20/30 minutes of a 2 hour gig, if that?

That would be kinda sucky.. I hope that's not the case =( I guess we will have to wait and see but people who have been to 360 performances from other bands have liked them so we'll see

I've seen 360 gigs. It's completely dependent on what impresses you at gigs.

It'll probably be a somewhat elaborate stage show, and if that's what's important to a person, they'll probably have a great time. The visuals can easily be constantly viewable to all.

For me, actually seeing the band members perform is pretty damn important. Otherwise I might as well watch a DVD

There sadly isn't any way around the visibility problem, and someone affiliated with the band already said you'll have a front view twice during the gig.

Which bums me out real bad.

Like I said before, that's under the assumption that they don't move around at all and just stand still. I doubt that though (ok, apart from Dom).

No one's assuming that, I was just addressing Dom and Morgan. Of course Matt and Chris'll be moving around but, unless they're doing 360 spins on the spot for 2 hours, there will always be a section of the crowd that's left looking at their backsides (inb4 any creepy 'lel yes pls' replies). As opposed to an end stage where the entire crowd can see them from the front for pretty much the whole gig.

No one's assuming that, I was just addressing Dom and Morgan. Of course Matt and Chris'll be moving around but, unless they're doing 360 spins on the spot for 2 hours, there will always be a section of the crowd that's left looking at their backsides (inb4 any creepy 'lel yes pls' replies). As opposed to an end stage where the entire crowd can see them from the front for pretty much the whole gig.

Lol yes please ! :D

Like I said before, that's under the assumption that they don't move around at all and just stand still. I doubt that though (ok, apart from Dom).

How is moving around going to help, though? Even if the stage was stationary, it defies the laws of physics to think everyone in a circle would be able to be in the front the majority of the time.

Even if they paced the circle the entire gig, you'd still be on the back half 50% of the time (but the spaces between would probably feel better.)

Not to mention Matt needs to be in good range of his mic, is already out of breath a lot, and typically performs with his eyes closed anyways...

But we know the stage spins. There will be large portions of time where 1/2 the arena is facing the back of that stage. Matt and Chris might move around a little bit where the songs permit, but that could actually rob people of their two "up close" views of the band. :chuckle:

I had rear view (I'll forgo the eyebrows smiley just this once) seats at Manchester, I enjoyed the different perspective, I was sat on the corner behind Chris so I had a great view of what Morgan and Dom were doing, and enjoyed the catwalk runs from Matt and Chris. Yes they were considerably cheaper tickets! But with hindsight I would have paid full price for that seat at that gig, I had fun, like I did at the other gigs I went to where I was on the barrier. If you were on the barrier at the stadium shows for T2L, part of the time you'd have to swivel around completely to see Matt or Chris when they were down the end of the catwalk, or only be able to see one of them at a time, or have a very distant view when they were up on the main stage, depending where you were standing...

I think if you go in with the assumption that it's going to be shit because you won't be facing the band for the entire show, then you're either going to be proved correct or be pleasantly surprised. Hopefully the latter, I think, it's not going to be as tragic as some people expect.

I had rear view (I'll forgo the eyebrows smiley just this once) seats at Manchester, I enjoyed the different perspective, I was sat on the corner behind Chris so I had a great view of what Morgan and Dom were doing, and enjoyed the catwalk runs from Matt and Chris. Yes they were considerably cheaper tickets! But with hindsight I would have paid full price for that seat at that gig, I had fun, like I did at the other gigs I went to where I was on the barrier. If you were on the barrier at the stadium shows for T2L, part of the time you'd have to swivel around completely to see Matt or Chris when they were down the end of the catwalk, or only be able to see one of them at a time, or have a very distant view when they were up on the main stage, depending where you were standing...

I think if you go in with the assumption that it's going to be shit because you won't be facing the band for the entire show, then you're either going to be proved correct or be pleasantly surprised. Hopefully the latter, I think, it's not going to be as tragic as some people expect.

Seeing their backs is not horrible. It's when they're on the other side of the stage and you don't see them at all...

Depends on how big that circle is, but yeah, it could be super hard to see them on the other side, and certainly will be from the arrows to the center.

I just don't see what could possibly be the benefit to the crowd with the set up. Just that the band can sell more full priced tickets.

What could possibly be done with the center stage that couldn't be done on the end stage?

I know I'd personally be frustrated and angry when it was my turn in the back, because I've seen bands I've liked a lot less than Muse in that style, and was frustrated and angry.

I wouldn't bat an eye going if it was fairly local, but having to travel half way across the country in the winter, I've finally decided to pass off my tickets, I think.

I don't think anyone's suggesting it's gonna be 'tragic', to be fair. Just seems like a really needless inconvenience that could end up hurting people's experiences a fair bit depending on where they are.

What are the chances a bunch of barrier-warriors are going to try and shove everyone out of the way and follow the stage rotation, causing mass chaos?

If that group of French musers are there, very high

Edited by LewisF

If that group of French mushers are there, very high

I'm seriously a bit afraid it's going to either end in bloodshed, or a lot of poor people just giving up and never having a good spot.

Hopefully they finally start throwing out the assholes who claw and bite other fans, anyways.

I don't think the "stage rotation" means the stage is literally going to drive around the floor so I think it'll be alright

I don't think anyone thinks that... It just spins around in a circle in the middle and the band with it.

I'm seriously a bit afraid it's going to either end in bloodshed, or a lot of poor people just giving up and never having a good spot.

Hopefully they finally start throwing out the assholes who claw and bite other fans, anyways.

Yeah I agree. I Meant to write musers, not mushers btw :LOL:

Did people complain about the setup they had for the stadium T2L tour? Wasn't the audience pretty much split entirely (thinking about the Rome DVD) by that catwalk? Seemed hard to see a lot there, too. I only went to the arena gigs back then, so I can't say.

Anyway. I'll leave you all to your speculations now - see you again in this thread after the first gig of the tour. :)