Any advances on 500? :eyebrows:

More seriously, that's probably an excellent price - I just need to raise capital and weigh up my options (ie could just buy another mim and have it pimped)...

It'd pretty much be MIM spec'd dimensions wise with texas specials, upgraded tuners/nut/bridge, slightly fancier switching system and a retard finish... Possibly black with gold glitter :LOL:

Not sure about scratchplate/no scratchplate though...

Well, I'd easily do it in payments of 100 quid a month.

Ive settled down with a nice job where I'd be comfortable accepting just monthly payments.

I think somethings gone wrong in shipping, or bareknuckle have just been sitting on their ass. Would you mind giving them a call from your end?

Just tell them its the chrome warpig, and you're calling in regards to the order under my name :)

I'll give em a call Monday, been stuck at work most of the week so haven't been able to do much.

primer is on. will be shooting the red today on body and headstock.

33.jpg

neck is also shaped and fretted. havent sanded it right down yet but will do that after the paint is dry. its being oiled so the neck doesnt need spraying at the same time as the body

what do you use for filling the grain?

i use z-poxy filling epoxy. its really thin so goes in nicely and sands easy too. needs about two coats for mahogany.

and trademark - its five coats. shot two then sanded flat, another two sanded flat again then a last one.

the red is really gorgeous. you cant really see it properly in the pics but its so nice. gonna let it go off for a bit then flat it today then shoot the last few coats tomorrow. then its on with the glitter! lol

34.jpg

th_36.jpgth_37.jpg

awesome. can't wait to get my body and paint the fuck out of it. still not sure what way i'll do it, maybe white, unless i can get it plated locally. Also, decided that if i can get it plated, i'll get it copper plated. I assume if i copper plate it, then put a laquer (or some better sealant) on it, it wont rust? or any better suggestions.

i use z-poxy filling epoxy. its really thin so goes in nicely and sands easy too. needs about two coats for mahogany.

and trademark - its five coats. shot two then sanded flat, another two sanded flat again then a last one.

the red is really gorgeous. you cant really see it properly in the pics but its so nice. gonna let it go off for a bit then flat it today then shoot the last few coats tomorrow. then its on with the glitter! lol

34.jpg

th_36.jpgth_37.jpg

Oooh that is so pretty. Should've been pink though :p:happy:

awesome. can't wait to get my body and paint the fuck out of it. still not sure what way i'll do it, maybe white, unless i can get it plated locally. Also, decided that if i can get it plated, i'll get it copper plated. I assume if i copper plate it, then put a laquer (or some better sealant) on it, it wont rust? or any better suggestions.

That doesn't sound like a particularly practical idea. Not sure you can electro-plate copper on wood (the plating company I use for engineering stuff doesn't offer copper plating at all, despite doing chrome, zinc, nickel, gold/silver and loads of other fancy stuff).

Even if you could get the material onto the wood, in order to be absolutely sure that the copper wouldn't tarnish underneath the lacquer, you'd need to get it from the plating company and into your spraybooth in a vacuum, which is obviously more than a bit difficult.

If you did want a copper-covered guitar the easiest way is probably with sheets. Again tho you've got the difficulty of sealing it off without it starting to react with the surrounding atmosphere (or your fingerprints etc etc) first. There are better ways of achieving that sort of colour! :)

thanks hooglebug. actually, i thought of another idea, don't know whether you've used them before, but i came across metallic and "super metallic" spray paints while i was out. they come in colours like silver, copper, gold, and black. I know it wouldn't be the same as copper, but it would be more like a metallic orange colour, right?

thanks hooglebug. actually, i thought of another idea, don't know whether you've used them before, but i came across metallic and "super metallic" spray paints while i was out. they come in colours like silver, copper, gold, and black. I know it wouldn't be the same as copper, but it would be more like a metallic orange colour, right?

http://www.frost.co.uk have a few interesting finishes, primarily aimed at car restoration but there's some stuff there that would probably look pretty interesting on a guitar. This, in particular, looks quite interesting if you want a goldy-type colour.

http://www.frost.co.uk have a few interesting finishes, primarily aimed at car restoration but there's some stuff there that would probably look pretty interesting on a guitar. This, in particular, looks quite interesting if you want a goldy-type colour.

thats not a bad site at all. the only problem with paints like that is that they turn out more like a metallic gold than a gold plate colour. i'm looking for a copper one anyway, but they do a nice silver.

thanks. :)

theres really no way to take a good picture of the glitter with a phone. so it looks better in person than it does in the pics. apart from that stupid clump in the middle of the back where a whole load just came out all in one go. stupid stuff. i'll have a go at sanding that bit off tomorrow. then its time to try and get the clear over it and get it flat again

th_39.jpgth_40.jpgth_42.jpg

theres really no way to take a good picture of the glitter with a phone. so it looks better in person than it does in the pics. apart from that stupid clump in the middle of the back where a whole load just came out all in one go. stupid stuff. i'll have a go at sanding that bit off tomorrow. then its time to try and get the clear over it and get it flat again

th_39.jpgth_40.jpgth_42.jpg

That actually looks really great! :happy:

you cant really see the colours in the pics. theres just silver on first, then a red and silver one, but when it goes on theres greens and blues in it too. must just be the light hitting it but it looks like they're actually there.

and fernando - i sprayed some clear coat on and while it was wet sprinkled the glitter on

Archived