im not putting this in my guitar thread so i thought id pop it in here in case anyone wanted to see. i hate doing these, this is only the second iv done for someone else and im sick of them. and iv turned down quite a few too, but i need the money so i took this one on

th_20.jpgth_21.jpg

its more hole than wood. i bet you cant guess what finish this ones gonna be hehe

yes it wouldnt be my first choice either. he was at one point leaning towards black with glitter, but he leant back. which i was secretly pleased about cos i was planning on something like that for a future one of my designs.

but i must say i am looking forward to finishing it. it shall be an adventure in sparkles

lol, hooglebug tbh, AND I MEAN THIS IN A NICE WAY, it's such a waste of your talent to be making MoC's. Leave them to noob guitar makers like me!! :D

edit:

in other good news, a friend of mine asked me today to make him a guitar. even though my 1st one STILL isn't finished, although the body has been shipped. Awesome.

no iv been busy with this one and not had the money to buy the last few little bits i need. its all wired apart from the pickups and the output jack. need to get some strings to do the nut and check the frets and everything too.

should be really getting on with the moc now just got the last stuff i needed for the neck so i can be getting that done between all the various coats the body needs

Your designs are fucking amazing. I love the semi-hollows.

I had a few sketchs of guitar designs that I want to get buit at some point but not sure if the shape would work.

Hooglebug, I'm still coming to you for my guitar. Sorry I've taken so long to get my shit ready. It's just with me going away for a week with friends, driving lessons, car insurance, etc. I've just been swamped by payments. I still don't have a Floyd Rose and I'm not sure which one to get:eek:

That's 2 guitars I need repaired/built!! Can't wait for both. My custom and my ace Ibanez. Good times.

Oh no, it's just a kind of mongrel guitar. Peavey EVH Wolfgang with a custom neck with tele headstock possibly unless there are any other cool headstocks out there that would go with the EVH body.

Got a SD Phat Cat for the neck.

BK Warpig for bridge.

Dunno if I should get a chrome Floyd Rose or black one. Everything is chrome apart from the warpig which is distressed metal or some shite so it might look cool if it goes black FR, distressed, then to chrome cause it was be like a transition rather thanjust chrome, distressed, chrome if you get what I mean.

The guitar I spoke of was just a sketch I drew ages ago. It was a really cool shape and nearly got it built but backed out. Gutted but glad at the same time.

that sucks about the other one. cant wait to hear it when it's all done. you gonna sell that black one or is it for yourself?

i dont know yet. if its good enough to sell then i'll try and sell it. if not then i'll keep it and do a deco d the same style and try make that one good enough to sell.

I had a few sketchs of guitar designs that I want to get buit at some point but not sure if the shape would work.

show us show us

sounds like the way it's going to turn out will really look like it'll be custom. tbh, i think both your takes on the floyd rose would be great. The transition idea is really good, but, similarly, if it goes chrome, distressed, chrome, then it'll look like the distressed one is sticking out in such a way that it was put there mega specifically.

i've a black floyd rose on my peavey rotor ex, and against the red with black pickups it looks great. I've decided to get my first build chromed if i can. there's a place locally that does it. chrome body with all black everything else could look great cos of the reflection.

edit:

also, just did a vray render of my 1st build design. highest res i've done on it, and shows the whole guitar. looks awesome. body gets shipped on the wednesdarrh

well, ok. im gonna get the paint for the body on monday - thats pretty much ready for spraying. started on the neck today. well, glued the fretboard on a couple days ago so started then but you know what i mean.

22.jpg

the little channels at the side are cos its having rosewood binding to hide the fret ends.

Archived