sorry about all that!

ok, so the first render is the project as it is most likely to be done. here's the specs:

Tele body with notches

Maple neck, rosewood fretboard

21 frets

black tuners

black wraparound bridge

2 undecided humbuckers

1 fernandes sustainer

1 fuzz (i cant say ff, cos i don't know if it'll be a ff)

Now, the finish. I'd ideally like something like aluminium with rivits, but then i remembered a WAY easier (and probably cheaper) option. See, aluminium is a bitch to cut realistically without the right tools. So the ideal situation is either, an imitation alternative which is easier to cut, or one made and cut to cad drawings.

or, a combination of both. Clickidy! and then onto metal plates. They make custom scratch plates out of aluminium. Now that is a big fat chunk of win right there.

So here's a smallish render of that:

5oil9v.png

But then, after flicking about on that site, i thought, what if it had that aluminium look, but also, lights. And JUST FOR THE LAUGH, this was born.

hwilcp.jpg

personally, that's pretty fucking sinister, in an amazing way. i'd take one home with me.

that a bought neck or you make it? if so where do you get your wood from?

Where do you get your necks from Phill? Looks very good at the moment.

It's Warmoth AAA Birdseye maple. I wish I could say I was responsible for that! ;)

PHILL

Before you make your cuts. Its apparent that youre going for the kaoss manson P90 thing...

A word of caution. When I first made my Kaoss with the dual p90s, it looked really awkward spacing wise with the pickup. I found out that it looked much cleaner and neater when you "connected" the routes. By moving them close enough to share the same space, while having enough room for both pickups, youll get a cleaner look.

Just something I screwed up on my first time, so I thought I'd pass the tip/advice over to you :)

Unless of course you are tryin something different, then ignore that, hah. Looks good!

PHILL

Before you make your cuts. Its apparent that youre going for the kaoss manson P90 thing...

A word of caution. When I first made my Kaoss with the dual p90s, it looked really awkward spacing wise with the pickup. I found out that it looked much cleaner and neater when you "connected" the routes. By moving them close enough to share the same space, while having enough room for both pickups, youll get a cleaner look.

Just something I screwed up on my first time, so I thought I'd pass the tip/advice over to you :)

Unless of course you are tryin something different, then ignore that, hah. Looks good!

Yeah I know what you mean, I was looking at the Kaoss Manson and there is a slight gap between them though. Almost wood splittingly fine. I'm not sure whether to go for one space or the gap.

couple of sun shine shots. hopefully i'll be motivated and finish all the routing by the end of the week. a little bit rough around the edges this project at the moment :(

n507354276_793512_6084.jpg

n507354276_793508_7550.jpg

n507354276_793506_6878.jpg

n507354276_793517_4420.jpg

phill, what camera do you use? your shots are always awesome! :happy:

Archived