Rank Every Muse Song

PwoperMuser723

I remember a couple of days ago trying to make a list of 20 but gave up and just did a secure 10 and gave up with the rest. Anyone trying to make me do more is a murderer.

PwoperMuser723 is trying to kill me.

Plus you hate Spiral Static so that makes you an evil person.

It's subjective. I Think Ruled by Secrecy is easily Absolution's worst. Hasn't got much going for it. And there's hardly anything at all in Nishe anyway. I certainly disagree with a lot of your list, too. Hoodoo's placing really shocks me.

Nope. it's wrong. WRONG

No. I'm surprised at it's placing.

but y

its fookin mega m8

Jimmy Kane should be at the bottom of everyone's lists

The verses are a bit poo but the rest of it's good fun imo.

Or maybe Pink Ego Box. I still can't decide what I hate more. Although PEB gets better as it goes on, like Madness/Dead Inside.

I've always liked Pink Ego Box :phu: The outro's great as well.

I don't know why I'm doing this but here we go. I'm gonna steal your colours Jobby :chuckle:

As should we all :3

I need to add more colours to it though, it's not colourful enough.

I'm indifferent towards Spiral Static.

Part of me likes it 'cause it's a bit creepy but the other part of me thinks it's a bit boring 'cause it doesn't really go anywhere. Meh, I wouldn't moan if it came on I guess.

What I really find interesting about Spiral Static is that its quite unlike any other muse song for 1, the range of vocals and that the verse is sung in a very low register for Matt, and also the chord changes in the chorus, tonic to minor 2nd is something not often used, and as far i'm aware muse have never used it since. For me at least, its also a very spacey, i get images of cloud city from star wars. The vibe just is right up my street.

Also defending RBS, I think its the most passionate song on Abso by quite a distance, beyond even blackout, endlessly and SfA. Again the chordal progression when shit really drops is spine tingling.

PwoperMuser723 is trying to kill me.

Plus you hate Spiral Static so that makes you an evil person.

MWAHAHAHA

tumblr_nqgiwb24231uv7bcuo1_400.gif

And no, I don't hate Spiral Static. It' a good song, just not my favorite. But pretty much any song by Muse is better than everything else on my iPod.

I tried doing this but realised it would be impossible after like 5 songs.

Btw Dead Star is not a b-side, you as a pwoper an should know that :noey:

...well it's not on a studio album (minus the odd half-studio, half-live case of Hullabaloo of course), it's not a cover (...definitely, not a cover, no one but Muse man)...heck, the only version of it readily available to most people outside of YouTube (where they has its alls) is the live version off of Hullabaloo since the single is uber-expensive and hard to find.

Am I missing something?

...well it's not on a studio album (minus the odd half-studio, half-live case of Hullabaloo of course), it's not a cover (...definitely, not a cover, no one but Muse man)...heck, the only version of it readily available to most people outside of YouTube (where they has its alls) is the live version off of Hullabaloo since the single is uber-expensive and hard to find.

Am I missing something?

iTunes? Pretty sure you can buy download it from .mu as well.

It's a single, ergo it isn't a b-side. Same for In Your World. Not really that complicated.

Also...

(minus the odd half-studio, half-live case of Hullabaloo of course)

wat

iTunes? Pretty sure you can buy download it from .mu as well.

It's a single, ergo it isn't a b-side. Same for In Your World. Not really that complicated.

Also...

wat

Not on iTunes, not on .mu. Trust me, I've tried. Maybe it's just because I live in the states and Matt apparently hates us here. (Why Matt, why?)

Wat nothing. Half of Hullabaloo is made up of studio tracks and half of it is made up of live tracks. Therefor it is at least somewhat odd in Muse's catalogue. Dead Star is on the live half of the album though, so it still doesn't really count.

I've been wanting to do a new top 10 since Drones came out so I'll at least do that.

1. Citizen Erased

2. Hoodoo

3. Exogenesis

4. The Handler

5. Sing for Absolution

6. Ruled by Secrecy

7. Map of the Problematique

8. Animals

9. Glorious

10. The Globalist

The top 3 hasn't changed in ages and I don't expect The Handler to go anywhere. This isn't the case for me like the way Supremacy and Unnatural Selection were for most of us here where we were let down but made ourselves like it and hype it up more than it really is.

The Handler is just legitimately one of the best songs they've ever done. Should be top ten for most.

:happy:

Now I'm curious about how much the dead star/in your world singles are worth lol

I bought one a couple of years ago for about a tenner, you can probs still get them for that amount now. The In Your World / Dead Star ones are a bit rarer/more expensive though.

Then there's the Cave singles that sell for like £20-£100 lel nope bye

Wat nothing. Half of Hullabaloo is made up of studio tracks and half of it is made up of live tracks. Therefor it is at least somewhat odd in Muse's catalogue. Dead Star is on the live half of the album though, so it still doesn't really count.

Oh, not gonna lie I thought you meant there was a half-live, half-studio version of Dead Star on Hullabaloo. Nvm.

If we're getting nitpicky, I'd class Hullabaloo as two separate albums in one package as opposed to one big thing that's half-live and half-studio but that's just me.

As for Dead Star, the EP is definitely on the UK iTunes. Think I've heard something about it not being on the US one before, not sure why.

Edited by Jobby

I bought one a couple of years ago for about a tenner, you can probs still get them for that amount now. The In Your World / Dead Star ones are a bit rarer/more expensive though.

Then there's the Cave singles that sell for like £20-£100 lel nope bye

Oh, not gonna lie I thought you meant there was a half-live, half-studio version of Dead Star on Hullabaloo. Nvm.

If we're getting nitpicky, I'd class Hullabaloo as two separate albums in one package as opposed to one big thing that's half-live and half-studio but that's just me.

As for Dead Star, the EP is definitely on the UK iTunes. Think I've heard something about it not being on the US one before, not sure why.

Well, when you don't have a source of income ten bucks for two songs is pretty outrageous.

Lolz, that would be interesting.

Well, if we're being nitpicky, I'd...nah, I don't have a cool comeback for that. You win Jobby! :D:p

Yeah, US iTunes only goes back to Abso era singles and EPs :(

Well, when you don't have a source of income ten bucks for two songs is pretty outrageous.

3, Futurism's on there as well.

I didn't mind paying for it tbh, iTunes only goes up to 256kbps afaik so I wanted something that was better quality.