Rank Every Muse Song

PwoperMuser723

...well it's not on a studio album (minus the odd half-studio, half-live case of Hullabaloo of course), it's not a cover (...definitely, not a cover, no one but Muse man)...heck, the only version of it readily available to most people outside of YouTube (where they has its alls) is the live version off of Hullabaloo since the single is uber-expensive and hard to find.

Am I missing something?

Not sure what your point is?

They thought dead star was a b-side, offered explanation of why they thought it was so and needed an explanation as to why it isn't?

Omg roll eyes impatience omg. :p

No but seriously it is confusing when you're from download world. I still think in terms of CDs/physical units.

They thought dead star was a b-side, offered explanation of why they thought it was so and needed an explanation as to why it isn't?

Omg roll eyes impatience omg. :p

No but seriously it is confusing when you're from download world. I still think in terms of CDs/physical units.

Well he specifically called it a single in his post, so I think it's more of a "well out of the categories presented, that's where it fits best", in which case the solution is obviously to change the categories.

This was only easy because I based it on the rating and ranking I gave in the other thread. Also, I did not include B-sides, or bonus tracks.

Showbiz

Origin of Symmetry

Absolution

Black Holes & Revelations

The Resistance

The 2nd Law

Drones

10/10:

1. Citizen Erased

2. Stockholm Syndrome

3. Take a Bow

4. Dead Inside

5. Hysteria

6. Exogenesis: Symphony, Pt. 3: Redemption

7. Megalomania

8. Falling Away with You + Interlude

9. The Handler

10. Supremacy

11. Showbiz

12. Starlight

13. Muscle Museum

9/10:

14. The Globalist

15. Plug In Baby

16. Micro Cuts

17. Invincible

18. United States of Eurasia + Collateral Damage

19. Sing for Absolution

20. Escape

21. [JFK] + Defector

22. Resistance

23. Endlessly

24. City of Delusion

25. Exogenesis: Symphony, Pt. 1: Overture

26. Butterflies & Hurricanes

27. The 2nd Law: Unsustainable

28. Sunburn

29. Aftermath

30. Madness

31. Prelude + Survival

32. Knights of Cydonia

33. Bliss

8/10:

34. Hate This and I’ll Love You

35. Space Dementia

36. Hyper Music

37. Reapers

38. Supermassive Black Hole

39. Exo-Politics

40. I Belong to You + Mon cœur s’ouvre à ta voix

41. Revolt

42. Intro + Apocalyse Please

43. Uno

44. Animals

45. Hoodoo

46. Guiding Light

47. Panic Station

48. Exogenesis: Symphony, Pt. 2: Cross Pollination

49. Ruled by Secrecy

50. New Born

51. Uprising

7/10:

52. Cave

53. Dark Shines

54. The 2nd Law: Isolated System

55. [Drill Sergeant] + Psycho

56. Follow Me

57. Map of the Problematique

58. MK Ultra

59. Time is Running Out

60. Thoughts of a Dying Atheist

61. Unintended

62. Assassin

63. Blackout

6/10:

64. Unnatural Selection

65. Big Freeze

66. Falling Down

67. Screenager

68. Feeling Good

69. Mercy

70. Explorers

71. Soldier’s Poem

72. Drones

73. Fillip

5/10:

74. Undisclosed Desires

75. Overdue

76. The Small Print

77. Liquid State

78. Sober

4/10:

79. Save Me

Edited by hairolfitri

Just how many Muse songs are there, actually? My playlist has 128 songs, but there might be some duplicates.

I found 123 counting Hyper Chondriac Music and all of the little things that aren't really songs, like Nishe and Piano Thing. But then there's the different versions, like the Sunburn alternative songs and the Assassin ones. Then there's the covers that aren't like Feeling Good and HotRS, like Back in Black and stuff. Then there's the small intersection things like Intro and Interlude. And the songs recorded prior 1997 that we haven't heard the full versions of. Overall, I assume over 150 counting everything.

I found 123 counting Hyper Chondriac Music and all of the little things that aren't really songs, like Nishe and Piano Thing. But then there's the different versions, like the Sunburn alternative songs and the Assassin ones. Then there's the covers that aren't like Feeling Good and HotRS, like Back in Black and stuff. Then there's the small intersection things like Intro and Interlude. And the songs recorded prior 1997 that we haven't heard the full versions of. Overall, I assume over 150 counting everything.
I think I have all of what you mentioned, but I'm not sure about the alternative versions. Thanks for the help! :)

No way I'm going to rank them though, sorry. :D

all of the little things that aren't really songs, like Nishe and Piano Thing.

They're as much songs as anything else.

All in all, I counted 120 original studio songs + covers (not counting live version, alternate versions/edits, demos, remixes and gap/attached tracks like Intro, Drill Sergeant and Prelude). I probs missed a couple somewhere though, it's around 120 anyway.

They're as much songs as anything else.

All in all, I counted 120 original studio songs + covers (not counting live version, alternate versions/edits, demos, remixes and gap/attached tracks like Intro, Drill Sergeant and Prelude). I probs missed a couple somewhere though, it's around 120 anyway.

Considering there's not singing and they're short, I'd just call them tracks. The fact that one's just called 'Piano Thing' and is rather short with nothing else shows that it was probably Matt just trying out something. To me they're like making of videos and short films attached to a TV series. I don't consider them TV episodes, just like I don't consider a short, rather repetitive piece with no singing a song. Track is suitable.

Considering there's not singing and they're short, I'd just call them tracks. The fact that one's just called 'Piano Thing' and is rather short with nothing else shows that it was probably Matt just trying out something. To me they're like making of videos and short films attached to a TV series. I don't consider them TV episodes, just like I don't consider a short, rather repetitive piece with no singing a song. Track is suitable.

A song doesn't require vocals for it to be a song though. Also, I don't really see how length matters much, a piece of music can be 50 seconds or 20 minutes and still be a song.

It's not like Interlude, Intro, Prelude etc., which are only there as intros for other songs or to connect other songs together. Nishe, Piano Thing, Minimum and Bedroom Acoustics are 100% individual pieces/songs in their own right, just as much as Citizen Erased or Muscle Museum.

A song doesn't require vocals for it to be a song though. Also, I don't really see how length matters much, a piece of music can be 50 seconds or 20 minutes and still be a song.

From the Oxford Dictionary:

Song:

Pronunciation: /sɒŋ/

noun

A short poem or other set of words set to music or meant to be sung: a pop song

... 100% individual pieces/songs in their own right,...

Two distinct things, not the same.

76. Falling Away With You + Interlude

I was going to say that I would have made an Interlude/Hysteria combination instead of the Falling Away With You/Interlude combination. Then I realized that, unless I missed it, you left Hysteria off your list all together. Time to re-evaluate.

I was going to say that I would have made an Interlude/Hysteria combination instead of the Falling Away With You/Interlude combination. Then I realized that, unless I missed it, you left Hysteria off your list all together. Time to re-evaluate.

Not such a pwoper muser after all! :LOL:

i was going to say that i would have made an interlude/hysteria combination instead of the falling away with you/interlude combination. Then i realized that, unless i missed it, you left hysteria off your list all together. Time to re-evaluate.

ffffffuuuuuucccccccckkkkkkkk

Well, I fixed that error now. I have no idea why I forgot to write that one, it's one of my favorite songs. I ranked it at #22.

• 4 weeks later...

Frak it, I'll give it a go.

1. Citizen Erased
  2. The Globalist/Drones
  3. Knights of Cydonia
  4. Exogenesis:Symphony, Part 3 Redemption
  5. Reapers
  6. New Born
  7. Blackout
  8. Exogenesis:Symphony, Part 2 Cross-Pollination
  9. Apocalypse Please
  10. The Handler
  11. Map of the Problematique
  12. Stockholm Syndrome
  13. Unnatural Selection
  14. Aftermath
  15. Hoodoo
  16. Butterflies and Hurricanes
  17. Sing For Absolution
  18. Dead Inside
  19. Supremacy
  20. Interlude/Hysteria
  21. Sunburn
  22. Dark Shines
  23. Revolt
  24. United States of Eurasia/ Collateral Damage
  25. Megalomania
  26. Supermassive Black Hole
  27. Panic Station
  28. Exogenesis:Symphony, Part 1 Overture
  29. Cave
  30. Time Is Running Out
  31. Starlight
  32. Animals
  33. Futurism
  34. Hyper Music
  35. Plug In Baby
  36. Uprising
  37. Hate This and I'll Love You
  38. Take A Bow
  39. Psycho
  40. Guiding Light
  41. MK Ultra
  42. Ruled By Secrecy
  43. Mercy
  44. Defector
  45. Micro Cuts
  46. Prelude/Survival
  47. Resistance
  48. Fury
  49. City Of Delusion
  50. Space Dementia
  51. Easily
  52. Dead Star
  53. Assassin
  54. Muscle Museum
  55. Madness
  56. Bliss
  57. Endlessly
  58. Falling Down
  59. Glorious
  60. Explorers
  61. Save Me
  62. Crying Shame
  63. Escape
  64. The Small Print
  65. I Belong To You
  66. Invincible
  67. The Groove
  68. Showbiz
  69. Exo-Politics
  70. Uno
  71. Undisclosed Desires
  72. Follow Me
  73. Unintended
  74. Shine (Acoustic)
  75. Thoughts of A Dying Atheist
  76. Feeling Good
  77. In Your World
  78. Hyper Chondriac Music
  79. Neutron Star Collision (Love is Forever)
  80. Big Freeze
  81. The 2nd Law: Unsustainable
  82. The 2nd Law: Isolated System
  83. Eternally Missed
  84. Falling Away With You
  85. Liquid State
  86. Soaked
  87. Screenager
  88. Spiral Static
  89. Overdue
  90. Host
  91. Fillip
  92. Shrinking Universe
  93. Soldier's Poem
  94. Prague
  95. Sober

Started compiling it, will take a while until I bother to do the rest of it, as it still needs quite a bit of sorting, just sorted all the songs (I can remember (Spotify helped)) into 4 groups so far. Not bothering including Bedroom Acoustics or Piano Thing as I can't be arsed to listen to them the whole way through.