I find this album to be similar to the previous two in that for every brilliant song, there's a not-so-great one (Guiding Light, USoE, Resistance vs Exo 1,2,3. Animals, Isolated System, Supremacy vs Big Freeze, Madness, Unsustainable). So pretty much half the material is great and the other half is rather uninspiring.

The great: The Handler, Defector, Reapers, Psycho, Drones

Not so great: Revolt, Dead Inside, Mercy, Aftermath

Still undecided on the globalist.

I find this album to be similar to the previous two in that for every brilliant song, there's a not-so-great one (Guiding Light, USoE, Resistance vs Exo 1,2,3. Animals, Isolated System, Supremacy vs Big Freeze, Madness, Unsustainable). So pretty much half the material is great and the other half is rather uninspiring.

The great: The Handler, Defector, Reapers, Psycho, Drones

Not so great: Revolt, Dead Inside, Mercy, Aftermath

Still undecided on the globalist.

:eek:

It's been almost four months since my first listen of Drones and I found myself today, for the first time, thinking "fuck that's good" while listening to Revolt. I've never really disliked it but I didn't expect this to happen :LOL: I'll probably change my mind, I'm musically lunatic

Album 8 discussion from Dom:

"I think it's time to kind of lose our minds a little bit more in the studio and delve into some new areas of music that we're kind of not that used to or comfortable with. I think we should definitely do that and kinda go for it. Yeah, we've got small ideas about how we think we can evolve. That's the key thing: evolving."

Electronics plssssss

"I think it's time to kind of lose our minds a little bit more in the studio and delve into some new areas of music that we're kind of not that used to or comfortable with. I think we should definitely do that and kinda go for it. Yeah, we've got small ideas about how we think we can evolve. That's the key thing: evolving."

Electronics plssssss

Bit early for album 8 ain't it?

Electronics plssssss

Tbh I think they consider themselves done with electronic experimentation. Not done with electronics, mind.

Is time for that "Christian-Gangsta Rap" we were promised.

Tbh I think they consider themselves done with electronic experimentation. Not done with electronics, mind.

After Drones, you might be right :(

I'd be more than happy with some more stuff like UD, Supermassive, Map and (to an extent) Reapers and MK Ultra though.

Bit early for album 8 ain't it?

If the album literally came out now, umm, yeah? Based on the fact we have no information that they've been recording another record whatsoever. But he's literally just speculating at where album 8 might lead. Hardly too early for that.

They should go for a style that fits their CHVRCHES cover. Obviously more in tune with Dead Inside, that dark electro-funk feel. That would be great; an album of Dead Inside/MoTP like songs.

I quite liked that cover to be fair, so yeah if they went down that road (dark, moody, sludgy) rather than manic-electro shit like Follow Me then I would be ok with that