Then I've been tricked by a false information about Mercy...

But I'm sure backing vocals for Aftermath are quite entirely performed by himself. They don't really sound like Chris' to my ears.

not sure what "quite entirely" means but as the Serpent said, Mutt did backing vocals for Aftermath.

Hi there, I'm new here.

What do think about matt's voice in Drones? And during 2015 tour?

Some studio versions are really good (Dead Inside, The Handler, Revolt, Drones); Matt's singing displays pretty agile skills in high notes. But then, live he just seems to be out of training, or maybe his vocal endurance has worsen. Specially after such a tight tour as was The Second Law in 2013. I have a theory: Lunge made them practice exhaustivly, and maybe matt's voice got excessive use...

Hi there, I'm new here.

Some studio versions are really good (Dead Inside, The Handler, Revolt, Drones); Matt's singing displays pretty agile skills in high notes. But then, live he just seems to be out of training, or maybe his vocal endurance has worsen. Specially after such a tight tour as was The Second Law in 2013. I have a theory: Lunge made them practice exhaustivly, and maybe matt's voice got excessive use...

I know that Mutt Lange is a pretty hands on producer, but if Matt's voice was getting wrecked due to Mutt making them practice too much, I'm sure Matt would say something.

Hi there, I'm new here.

I'm not an expert on voices, but I think it's that his voice is starting to go downhill and that he's spent a lot of time without touring. In fact, his voice seemed to improve a bit once they got used to tour again.

And like lewisfielding said, if his voice was getting worse due to so much practice, he'd said something

I don't know what happened, though I'm certain his voice is no longer able to put up with continuous G4s like before. If you listen to Stockholm syndrome's nowadays, you'll see the chorus is getting a real challenge for him, something he used to deal quite well with. He doesn't have the endurance he had on The Resistance or in The Second Law. Maybe his voice is not worse, it's just he's getting old. All i know is that I'm quite disappointed when i listen to the path his voice has taken, specially after that laringitis in 2014...

He's older, and would probably need to do a bit more to stay in good physical shape, which apparently he really doesn't, and uses the progression of the tour to get back into better shape.

He's admitted in interviews to being worn out and out of breath at early gigs.

Doubtfully has anything to do with the laryngitis years ago, and much to do with laziness.

• 2 weeks later...

After the BluRay player issue was finally figured out, I had a view of the DVD that came with my copy of the Drones deluxe edition. It sounds excellent, which means its a bit of a shame they didn't put some of the older rarities played on the Psycho Tour onto it as well.

Probably already been noted tbf. Oh well. Win some lose some I guess.

My thoughts on this album:

1. It's not BHR level but this album is good, Reapers and The Handler are the best songs they've done since.

2. Pyscho has instantly become a live anthem, also Mercy is a great live song.

3. Defector even though it's probably the shittest Muse song of all time i reckon it will be good live without those annoying vocals.

My thoughts on this album:

1. It's not BHR level but this album is good, Reapers and The Handler are the best songs they've done since.

2. Pyscho has instantly become a live anthem, also Mercy is a great live song.

3. Defector even though it's probably the shittest Muse song of all time i reckon it will be good live without those annoying vocals.

I agree: Defector will be amazing live.

I hope they bring revolt down a half or a whole step when they play it live. It's a pretty tough song

Meh, not really, from what I can tell anyway. Highest chest notes are G4s with the odd short A4 from time to time (I think). The hardest part would probs be the 'You've got the strength' bits just 'cause they're pretty quickfire and don't offer much room for breathing.

There's bits in the breakdown that are pretty high but he could just convert them to falsetto if needs be.

(disclaimer: I'm not that confident on the notes + octaves and singing knowledge in general so I'm just taking educated guesses)