In terms of how my opinions have changed almost 3 months after release:

Grown in my estimation:

Psycho - Found it a bit boring for a while, like it now (though still one of the weakest on the album)

Mercy - Gone from viewing it as a BH&R reject to one of my favourite Muse tracks at the moment

Revolt - Hated it a first, have a soft spot for it now

About the same

Dead Inside, The Handler, Defector, The Globalist (those 4 are probably my favourite 4 tracks on the entire album, love them) & Drones

Gone down in my estimation

Reapers - Still like it, but it blew me away first few times I heard it, not so now.

Aftermath - Just find it a bit boring

Still listening to it regularly - couldn't say the same about the last 3 albums (love BH&R now, but it had to grow on me)

I'm also a lover of DI :happy:

I can take the two ever so slightly cheesy lyrics "Whilst I am giving infinity" and "On the outside I'm the greatest guy", but other than that I think they are fantastically written. Good job Matt :matt:

I fear that I don't like Reapers as much as I should do- something feels awkward about it, which I think could possibly be the lyrics.

"Greatest guy" gets the psychopath point across, but I get what people's problem is with it.

It also had to fit the rhyme scheme.

I like giving infinity/given everything. It starts out with someone continually giving, and ends with someone who's got absolutely nothing left.

Reapers has always been my least, or second least favorite. It lacks the emotional delivery of the rest of the album, and doesn't feel cohesive not just with the album, but with the different parts of the song.

Greatest guy / dead inside is probably my favourite lyrics on the whole album.

It sets the tone for the album perfectly, it also condensed DI down perfectly and it feels really heartfelt. Love it. The fact it's simplistic too only adds to it, in the context of the song/album, this is when the protagonist is at an absolute low. It's like one of those last positive thoughts you grasp for when you're spiralling away, knowing there is a shard of goodness there somewhere.

Greatest guy / dead inside is probably my favourite lyrics on the whole album.

It sets the tone for the album perfectly, it also condensed DI down perfectly and it feels really heartfelt. Love it. The fact it's simplistic too only adds to it, in the context of the song/album, this is when the protagonist is at an absolute low. It's like one of those last positive thoughts you grasp for when you're spiralling away, knowing there is a shard of goodness there somewhere.

even though the stuff in bold and all the nonsense about a "protagonist" is something I personally loathe, I agree with the rest, it's a great song and the second best after The Handler.

Like their prog-pop predecessors Rush, Queensrÿche, and Pink Floyd, Muse will never be cool, but their subject matter will always be relevant—they only deal in current events that speak to timeless pathologies of the human condition. The Resistance raged against any and all machines while the environmentally conscious The 2nd Law made global warming appear to be yet another shadow government conspiracy rather than scientific fact. Likewise, Drones is not a critique of American military strategy, but rather, "the journey of a human, from their abandonment and loss of hope, to their indoctrination by the system to be a human drone, to their eventual defection from their oppressors.

Hi buddies, you can try this mp3 ringtone download site, you can download free ringtone and can listen it before download it.

Wish this can help you buddies, cheers.

Edited by AliceLow

Likewise, Drones is not a critique of American military strategy, but rather, "the journey of a human, from their abandonment and loss of hope, to their indoctrination by the system to be a human drone, to their eventual defection from their oppressors.
So you're saying that because there's a story to the concept, it can't hold any messages to the time and place in which it was written?

Defector's shit, just throwing it out there.

Thank fuck for that. I'm glad I'm not the only one- I even prefer Aftermath, Mercy and Drones to it. Matt stretching lyrics out to an extreme is incredibly annoying, it has the same structure as Pyscho (which I think is much better) and it just doesn't flow at all for me. It feels a bit all over the place.

Don't get me started on the "yellow belly" nonsense either :mad:

I remember when everyone was super hype about Defector after the Making Of footage leaked. Then when I said that it didn't excite me and I wasn't expecting much from it, people were like "pfff u wot m8 its obvs gonna be 1 of the best fings they've dun in years".

lel