I thought that cover was pretty bland, tbh, but it would probably be better than an R&B album. :chuckle:

Im biased, because I love that band/song and Muse doing a cover blew my mind. :awesome:

I think they'd be really successful if they drew influences from the likes of chvrches, IAMX, and Depeche Mode. Plus, SMBH is heavily influenced by R&B and its a pretty decent song.

I thought that cover was pretty bland, tbh, but it would probably be better than an R&B album. :chuckle:

I agree about the Chvrches cover, but I would be interested to here Muse try out really getting into their lite-RnB side, maybe Matt rapping a bit? With distortion? Map, SMBH, UD, DI, and Madness have all been spectacular IMO, so I feel like they could do a lot with that genre exploration. Plus it might finally see Muse make a lasting impact on the American album charts.

I've never been able to be objective with myself with SMBH. I was so angry with it when I heard it, it's been impossible for me to ever warm up to it in the slightest.

It is just a way too long Kaos pad wank live, though.

I do find it weird that Dom's been talking about the next album and tour before this one's even done, though, in more than one interview.

And if Matt ever raps, I'm done.

I've never been able to be objective with myself with SMBH. I was so angry with it when I heard it, it's been impossible for me to ever warm up to it in the slightest.

It is just a way too long Kaos pad wank live, though.

I do find it weird that Dom's been talking about the next album and tour before this one's even done, though, in more than one interview.

I watched an unofficial Muse documentary once that mentioned Matt being really into hip hop and stuff before he joined Muse and started playing rock. I bet he's got a soft spot for it still.

"lose our minds" makes me think of something "strange" (for Muse's standards, obviously), but probably I'm just hoping they're not going to release a record full of Madness and such.

It makes me think of Hullabaloo, which could yield either amazing or awful results at this point.

Or more down the Unsustainable route, which I'd actually be alright with if it was handled slightly better. Just not another mess like T2L pls.

Same, I think something similar to that would be great though. Like, the same kind of prominent synths + bass but with more of a progression and climax than that cover.

I agree about the Chvrches cover, but I would be interested to here Muse try out really getting into their lite-RnB side, maybe Matt rapping a bit?
:eek:

I'd say me too, but knowing myself, I'd still listen to it. And probably like it. Somehow. :LOL:

not a chance, he'd probably be out of breath by the second line
Mean. :LOL:

I'm so frustrated about this entire tour fiasco that I'm on the verge of "fuck these guys" as it is... rap would certainly push that over the edge easily. :chuckle:

tbh, Dom *did* say Matt wouldn't rap, there's another recent article where he talks about R&B, and the new album, and in both it is the interviewer who brings it up, and he does say they're not really putting effort into it right now.

They should just create a 5 track EP of experimental songs they've been messing around with, and then go from there when it comes to a new full album. I know they have talked about it before, I don't know why they didn't go through with it. I think it'd be a great idea.

Actually is a great idea, i hope the next Hammersmith release inspire Matt to write some stuff a la 70's Queen.

Yes, I love 70's Queen much more than the 80's pop phase, but Freddie was Freddie, noone should pretend to be him! But the kinda rock music of Queen in the 70's...they did the Jazz album which was "something else" I guess every band goes through the experimental phase :LOL:

I remember Matt saying in an interview he'd love to do a cover of "The first time ever I saw your face" by Roberta Flack. Hm, seems he likes that kinda music ( I do! ), would be interesting! George Michael did a great version!

I want them to just lose their minds in a studio. Make something a little unhinged. Even if there were no lyrics and just vocalizing. Maybe a couple collaborations if they feel like it. I don't know. I feel like "Drones" was sort of like a reset. They proved they can make good music still, and now they can just do what they want.