I STILL hate Defector. So infuriating, I just can't get past the horrible vocals

I feel sorry for you. Really do. I love Defector. Don't see/hear what the issue is with the vocals that upset you so much. Is it the Queen-style backing vocals ("from society"), or Matt's vocals in general?

It's definitely a mixed album and some very different vibes than stuff from the past BUT then there also vibes from the early days too! I think it's quite a brave album on first few listens! Does everything work? No! But it's definitely a ride....

Are the DVD videos available anywhere by the way?

I feel sorry for you. Really do. I love Defector. Don't see/hear what the issue is with the vocals that upset you so much. Is it the Queen-style backing vocals ("from society"), or Matt's vocals in general?

I think it will grow on me, but yeah I find the "society" vocals insufferably annoying. Never had this before, don't mind the Queen vocals in any other Muse song but this is too much :LOL: will probably love it in a week to be honest

I think it will grow on me, but yeah I find the "society" vocals insufferably annoying. Never had this before, don't mind the Queen vocals in any other Muse song but this is too much :LOL: will probably love it in a week to be honest

I think it will grow on me. In all fairness I've only listened to it once but I can't bring myself to listen again, not tonight.

Being a composer myself, trust me it's true.

You tend to think the last thing you wrote is the best music in the world. Then after a long time you realise some of it is good, some of it isn't.

Must feel really bad for Muse imo as they must know that they only have maybe 1 or 2 albums in them now and with bhar being so long ago, they must know their legacy is being risked if their last 3/4 albums as a band are viewed as bad, especially compared to their first 4. Because lets face it if they died or split up whatever after bhar theyd go down as one of the best british rock bands of their generation (imo) but if this one is generally unliked and then their next (and possibly last album is also bad) their gonna end up remembered as that good band that turned to shit for 10 years, legacy will be ruined.

This so much. I've never heard a Muse song before where I despise a single element so much.

I think my biggest complaint with the album just the lack of it to put it simply.

I mean you can't even consider Drones a song, so that leaves us with just 9 songs and, to be honest, that just isn't an album length. That's what disappoints me more than anything. If we got like 2-3 b-sides I'd be so much more happy

we must like ALL the music

even nickelback

cause

life's too short

yolo

I just don't understand why people who clearly stopped liking the band 2-3 albums ago are still on a message board yapping on about how they (predictably) don't like the new album! But hey, I have some Nickelback to listen to, so I'll check back in a few minutes when I will inevitably have to point out that there is a lot of other music out there for people who don't like Muse any more.

I think my biggest complaint with the album just the lack of it to put it simply.

I mean you can't even consider Drones a song, so that leaves us with just 9 songs and, to be honest, that just isn't an album length. That's what disappoints me more than anything. If we got like 2-3 b-sides I'd be so much more happy

Yeah, I still hope we get b-sides but highly unlikely