How is there anything wrong with JFK lol

It's pretentious bullshit. The sampling really holds the album back for me.

Don't see what's good about being the best part of a really shit song.

It's a low period on the album, to be sure, but I usually just skip to Defector.

The solos/bridges/whatever we decided they are are really the only thing that still get to me once in a while.

Many of them don't feel as organic to the song as they could, and feel a bit sterile, (like all 10 of them in Reapers...) and even the ones I like go on way, WAY too long. Even The Handler one just feels like it goes on for ages.

Except then there's something pretty cool going on in The Globalist, and there's too little. :chuckle:

I guess I prefer that it doesn't overstay it's welcome, really.

I don't even have JFK and Drill Sgt in my digital album anymore. I liked them just fine the first few times, but now I just feel "I don't have time for this shit..." :chuckle:

Maybe a bit too long. Kind of a theme.

I kept JFK as I think that works really well as a transition from The Handler to Defector, but yeah, I just used the single version of Psycho (because I can't stand Drill Sergeant) and even then, I've only listened to it about 5 times since the album came out, because I don't really like the song as a whole either, haha! I agree about the Handler solo going on a bit too long anyway. Reapers sounds really cool for a while, but can get a bit tired from time to time.

Remember when we found out Dom had added a second bass pedal to his drum kit and many assumed that a more metal album was confirmed?

Turns out he uses it on Dead Inside :LOL:

Does he actually use it on any other songs, whether they're on Drones or not?

Not sure, he might use it during Mercy too. It's not necessary or anything, but just might make the chorus a tad easier.

Also I think he might use in it Mercy right before/into the last chorus (after the bridge), during the 16ths on the snair. So both bass pedals and snair simultaneously.

Remember when we found out Dom had added a second bass pedal to his drum kit and many assumed that a more metal album was confirmed?

don't think so. they'd be of good use in the handler, though (solo and last part) :awesome:

He added some kick spam to an older song at Werchter. Can't remember which one it was though, maybe Uno?

I'd imagine that he uses it in the really heavy part of The Globalist

Also, what's with the colours in the lyrics lol.

"The term 'Yellow belly' is an expression meaning 'coward', 'Green mind' is a slang for someone who's dirty minded or greedy and "Blue blood" is a reference to royal blood."

-MuseWiki

Well it's definitely in Assassin. I feel like it's used in some Showbiz song but I can't remember which one.

The more I listen to Drones the more I feel that what Muse actually need is that completely overblown quality. They dabble with various genres here and there, but the pseudo classical, metal tinged nonsense is what they keep returning to, so if they'd just go "fuck it" and make a complete album in the style of, say, The Globalist,and commit to the total ridiculousness of it all, it would probably be an absolute winner.

Im still pissed with myself for kind of believing Matt when he said they were going back to their roots. Also fucking Dom said the album sounded more like Psycho than Dead Inside, which is a bigger lie than Matt's :LOL:

Next album i'll only trust Chris.

Im still pissed with myself for kind of believing Matt when he said they were going back to their roots. Also fucking Dom said the album sounded more like Psycho than Dead Inside, which is a bigger lie than Matt's :LOL:

Next album i'll only trust Chris.

Uh what?

1. Do you even know what Muse's roots are?

2. Which other songs on the album sounds like Dead Inside? Psycho is obviously sonically quite similar to songs like The Handler, Reapers and the heavy part of The Globalist.

And since you're obviously gonna disagree, let me save you the trouble of making a stupid post: Psycho is a 3-piece rock song based on a riff written back in 1999. Mercy is similar to Starlight and Stockholm Syndrome, and Matt specifically said the album sounded like something between Abso and BH&R. The Handler and Reapers are obviously typical Muse rock songs, and one of them even references lyrics to Showbiz. The Globalist is Matt's attempt at a prequel to a song written in 2001. Obviously most of us agreee they're not very similar, but it's clearly an attempt at returning to their roots.

Revolt is a pop-rock track with some similarities to Showbiz

Muse made it very clear from the start that it was about returning to their 3-piece based sound and going away from the synth- and orchestral dominated sound, which was exactly what they did.

Edited by Tjet

Uh what?

2. Which other songs on the album sounds like Dead Inside? Psycho is obviously sonically quite similar to songs like The Handler, Reapers and the heavy part of The Globalist.

And since you're obviously gonna disagree, let me save you the trouble of making a stupid post: Psycho is a 3-piece rock song based on a riff written back in 1999. Mercy is similar to Starlight and Stockholm Syndrome, and Matt specifically said the album sounded like something between Abso and BH&R. The Handler and Reapers are obviously typical Muse rock songs, and one of them even references lyrics to Showbiz. The Globalist is Matt's attempt at a prequel to a song written in 2001. Obviously most of us agreee they're not very similar, but it's clearly an attempt at returning to their roots.

Muse made it very clear from the start that it was about returning to their 3-piece based sound and going away from the synth- and orchestral dominated sound, which was exactly what they did.

Well put haha

The more I listen to Drones the more I feel that what Muse actually need is that completely overblown quality. They dabble with various genres here and there, but the pseudo classical, metal tinged nonsense is what they keep returning to, so if they'd just go "fuck it" and make a complete album in the style of, say, The Globalist,and commit to the total ridiculousness of it all, it would probably be an absolute winner.

In an ideal world (for me), they'd gone on to make a real experimental electronic rock album after BH&R. I'm talking glitch, trip-hop, synth-rock, electronica, ambient/noise, whatever it is 65dos do, etc. I guess The Resistance probably made more sense from a commercial standpoint, it could've worked if done right though imo.

It'll be interesting to see what they do next. They've usually progressed in some way with each album but this is the first taken they've actively taken a step back. Next album definitely needs to be something different or experimental imo, more of the same will feel kinda stale at this point.

Uh what?

1063153.gif

Uh what?

Yeah im actually not sure what is better Mercy or SS :LOL: whatever man, your opinion is always the right one.