Talking of NSC, it works disturbingly well after The Globalist, haha! Shuffle threw that one up for me. Probably wouldn't work on the album as a whole though. You'd need to tweak the lyrics a bit. "I was searching, you were on a mission, then you were killed by drones", etc, etc...

Matt's openly admitted to using his guitar to try and summon demons as a teenager, so it's not even this person's original thought. :LOL:

I mean, though, what do you expect from a group of people who believe if something isn't openly for God, it's covertly and intentionally for Satan.

They have to prove their point by "proving" nothing is neutral, or people would catch on.

And music is one of the most maligned things by religions, historically and to this day.

Matt's openly admitted to using his guitar to try and summon demons as a teenager, so it's not even this person's original thought. :LOL:

I mean, though, what do you expect from a group of people who believe if something isn't openly for God, it's covertly and intentionally for Satan.

They have to prove their point by "proving" nothing is neutral, or people would catch on.

And music is one of the most maligned things by religions, historically and to this day.

With Micro Cuts he must have nearly managed to do that, LOL.

By the way, I don't know if I'd have to be surprised about such antics: didn't he use to sneak into the woods with "corrected" mushrooms and a Ouija Board?

I'd rather not comment about religious predicaments slaying schlerotically music, because it just really annoys me to be reminded of that and everything that should be said about that has already been said.

Here in Italy, you could imagine how many hypocrite bigots go ballistic about the most insignificant and harmless trends.

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

I have first hand experience going to a church (not even an extreme fundamental one!) that would sit with us as youths and discuss all the "Satanic" imagery in popular entertainment, as I way to "make us aware of how seductive Satan is." And drive us away from anything secular. (And also completely isolate us from our peers, even Christians, who would partake of those things.)

Music in particular got the worst of it, and I guess the Bible says music shouldn't be made that doesn't elevate God.

It was decades ago, and still looking back at what went on at that place terrifies me.

Quite a bit more than the possibility Muse is covertly working for the NWO... :chuckle:

I have first hand experience going to a church (not even an extreme fundamental one!) that would sit with us as youths and discuss all the "Satanic" imagery in popular entertainment, as I way to "make us aware of how seductive Satan is." And drive us away from anything secular. (And also completely isolate us from our peers, even Christians, who would partake of those things.)

Music in particular got the worst of it, and I guess the Bible says music shouldn't be made that doesn't elevate God.

It was decades ago, and still looking back at what went on at that place terrifies me.

Quite a bit more than the possibility Muse is covertly working for the NWO... :chuckle:

I remember talking to a manager at my old work place. When he went to a youth group at church (which was way before my time), they told him to bring his music collection in. When he did, they literally threw away anything they deemed "satanic".

Needless to say, this is one of the many reasons why I'm against organised religion. I'm not going to boycott people that have beliefs, because that's their own choice. However, if their views/opinions are forced on me, that's when I protest...

In listening to Muse, i can see the progress they've made over the years. Each album is better than the last and Drones is the best, in my opinion. The purity of their sound is perfect. The command of the their instruments is outstanding. The songwriting is of great quality. They've matured and so has their sound. I always look forward to a new album from Muse and I've never been disappointed.

In listening to Muse, i can see the progress they've made over the years. Edach album is better than the last and Drones is the best, in my opinion. The purity of their sound is perfect. The command of the their instruments is outstanding. The songwriting is of great quality. They've matured and so has their sound. I always look forward to a new album from Muse and I've never been disappointed.

really? Anyway, welcome to the board

In listening to Muse, i can see the progress they've made over the years. Each album is better than the last and Drones is the best, in my opinion. The purity of their sound is perfect. The command of the their instruments is outstanding. The songwriting is of great quality. They've matured and so has their sound. I always look forward to a new album from Muse and I've never been disappointed.

I can definitely see what you mean there. I don't necessarily agree that their music is better from album to album but their songwriting certainly is. The song structures on TR and T2L are much more interesting and varied that the ones on OoS or Absolution. Even if you think the musical ideas themselves were better in the early days, I do think it's clear that they're better at organizing their ideas nowadays. Psycho aside, I think Drones is also a great example of this.

Be careful, here be sharks

(When it comes to album production I agree with you)

you think the second law is better than showbiz, oos, abso, bh&r, and resistance?

you think the second law is better than showbiz, oos, abso, bh&r, and resistance?

My boyfriend does, and he's defended his position to me in a way that even I accept.

So, yeah, it's pretty subjective, but I can see why people like them, especially as the compositions and vocals matured a bit.

I remember talking to a manager at my old work place. When he went to a youth group at church (which was way before my time), they told him to bring his music collection in. When he did, they literally threw away anything they deemed "satanic".

Needless to say, this is one of the many reasons why I'm against organised religion. I'm not going to boycott people that have beliefs, because that's their own choice. However, if their views/opinions are forced on me, that's when I protest...

I've been going to Church my whole life and I have never had anyone tell me that my music is satanic. My dad is a pastor, and he doesn't really care what I listen to. The closest thing is if someone is not comfortable listening to anything not Christian, I'm not going to play Run the Jewels with them if they are not comfortable with it.

I'm not saying there are not Christians who do treat anything not explicitly Christian as evil, but it is not every single Christian. Sorry for the long rambling.

No one thinks it's every single Christian. In fact, most people would probably be surprised to hear these things exist outside of Fundamentalism, and "truth saying."

I was sent to a very mainstream church in a wealthy community (parents thought I would make good connections... and were also racist) that was an integral part of the local community, and quite large.

One day we were required to bring in our favorite songs, or albums, and their lyrics. The youth leader and a pastor went through every single one and exposed the "hidden Satanic agenda" in each of them.

Even songs about love (that weren't about love of God,) or charity, helping the world - no matter how positive and harmless a secular song sounded, the pair systematically went through and "brought to light" all the evils and subtly ways even the most positive songs were using that message to bring us further from Christ.

We were told we could either, at that moment, leave the seduction of Satan behind and renounce secular music, or commit a cardinal sin by continuing to allow Satan a hold on our lives now that we knew better.

I'm embarrassed to say I went along with it, for a while.

I firmly believe this sort of organized religion has warped Christianity into a control scheme, and there's just a lot of people who can be victimized by it, who are in fact very good people.