Muse BR is not going to buy tickets

Lucas Quintanilha

This Tuesday, Muse fans in Brazil were surprised by the exorbitant prices announced by T4F for the upcoming gigs in October, only a day before the pre-sale date. They want to make money out of our love for a band that denounces the evils of capitalism… Our monthly minimum wage in Brazil is exactly R$ 788,00. A premium ticket at the floor level in Rio de Janeiro is priced at R$ 700,00. Plus what the most loyal fans might pay for the absurd invention called “early entry”, a meager R$ 300,00 extra to get to the barrier first. Are there cheaper seats? Yes. Far away from the stage. In short, if you want to get near the band, you’ll have to spend an amount of money which is not in keeping with the country’s average income, not by a long shot, coming close to the monthly income of many Brazilians. Thus, premium tickets will not be for the biggest fans, but for the richest.

Are we buying tickets to see the same band that wrote “ANIMALS”, exposing capitalism’s limitless greed, which will trample on anyone and anything for more profit? It’s become hard to accept the contradiction. MUSE must have their eyes opened for the abusive prices being imposed on their Brazilian fans.

In face of all this, our team at the MUSEBR fan club informs that we will put off our decision to go to the gigs in Brazil, to show our indignation at these prices, which are far removed from our reality. Not even tickets to bands like U2, Arctic Monkeys, Pearl Jam or Queen have cost as much. We want more than anyone else for our favorite band to come to Brazil and enjoy mainstream fame here. We work towards that goal for free, and we were prepared to be partners in the promotion of the events, helping attract the largest public possible to the gigs in Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo. Unfortunately, what T4F accomplished with their “business strategy” was to disencourage even the most faithful fans. We make a point of being respected as customers, and not being ripped off and made fools of because we follow our favorite band. Let everyone who hears the reason in our arguments hold out and wait for a statement from T4F regarding their prohibitive prices before you buy your tickets.

http://www.musebr.com/05/2015/nota-da-equipe-sobre-os-valores-dos-ingressos/

I fully support your cause all the way from the UK and I hope many more in your country follow you in this even if they are in the small minority that have the money. It's a disgrace that Muse are following through with this gig at the current prices. My respect for them has decreased massively unless something is done about this.

Wow, I had no idea about this. It's awful, that's way too much for a gig. I usually struggle to buy a ticket without ending up broken here in Spain, and the prices are normal... I absolutely support this and I hope something is done.

I highly doubt Muse themselves know about the situation in Brazil and how much the tickets costs in relation to the minimun wage, though. This must be a mistake of their management team (or whoever/whatever takes care of all the prices, and this things). The most expensive gig I've ever attended was The Rolling Stones one in Madrid. And I remember loads of people complaining about the prices, but the thing is that the prices weren't only that expensive in Madrid, they were that expensive everywhere.

So, my point is, that if with Muse the tickets are only that expensive in Brazil, there must be some mistake there, probably by T4F, although I dont't really know what that is. We all know that acts such as big as Muse are expensive, but this is way too much

Good luck with this!

You have my total support! It's way too much, and I think you made the right choice not buying the tickets, the prizes are totally over the top! You can try and reach the band, maybe they can do something about it, because the promoter is being absolutely greedy in this case. It Muse is aware of this, they are acting against what they proclame in their songs, and I'd not like to think they are so hypocritical in these cases... :(:(

Dom Anderson didnt give a F.

I don't respect him anymore, sorry. We (brazilians) need to reach Matt, Dom and Chris. They could do some pressure on T4F, causa they are the stars of the event.

T4F is the company that set prices of tickets and sell them.

Sorry for my terrible english :/

First of all...if all that is true, that is awful.

But, before ranting about it I think it would be a good idea to try to get the band themselves to know about it and be able to answer it. I know Dom Anderson having answered is a start, but I'd try for more if I were you. At least he's asking questions and it seems he is trying to understand, at least a bit!

Dom Anderson's replies on twitter have been feeble and devoid of logic. "Pearl Jam did it" being my personal favourite.

Disgusting really.

Where did he post that? All I can find is his comment that prices look the same for Pearl Jam. You are talking about this Dom Anderson?

https://twitter.com/domanderson666/with_replies

Really? That has crushed most of my respect for Dom Anderson :( They should think a bit more about the people who's not gonna be able to go because of the prices

Read his twitter for yourself before you decide if you respect him or not...

I don't see him being narky about it. He's also trying to help a girl.

tl;dr don't react before you have enough data to decide how.

Dom A.'s reply there is exactly what I had expected him to act like. And it's sad.

A comparison to other bands' ways of exploiting passionate music fans? Really?

The way I see it, the band (1) either KNOW about the prices and accept them, making them money-grubbing and apparently two-faced assholes

or (2) they know not about it all, which would make them look extremely ignorant to me.

Yes, promoters and the people in charge of local venues are surely to blame for the ticket prices first and foremost but the band and especially Dom A. should still have the last say.

That's all.

First of all...if all that is true, that is awful.

But, before ranting about it I think it would be a good idea to try to get the band themselves to know about it and be able to answer it. I know Dom Anderson having answered is a start, but I'd try for more if I were you. At least he's asking questions and it seems he is trying to understand, at least a bit!

Where did he post that? All I can find is his comment that prices look the same for Pearl Jam. You are talking about this Dom Anderson?

https://twitter.com/domanderson666/with_replies

Read his twitter for yourself before you decide if you respect him or not...

I don't see him being narky about it. He's also trying to help a girl.

tl;dr don't react before you have enough data to decide how.

Not to mention the inital post by the Brazilian Muse fans state "not even tickets to bands like U2, Arctic Monkeys, Pearl Jam or Queen have cost as much.".

So presumably Pearl Jam was cheaper, rather than the same. Seems to be a case of Dom not knowing all the facts more than anything, rather than him being a knob about it.

Either way, I do hope Muse as a band respond to this. It looks very bad on them, and it is always sad to see real fans priced out of going to gigs.

I paid R$180,00 to see Muse + U2 on the first row of fans :/

And PJ is cheaper than Muse here in Brasil

Wouldn't that be 3.5 times cheaper? :eek:

And it's actually more expensive than what The Rolling Stones ticket cost in Israel a year ago, and people bitched about it here! (In a country where the average wage is 2500$).

Yeah, I don't think Dom wanted to come across like a jerk, his questions seemed sincere enough. Right now, I'm really worried the concerts are going to flop, either being cancelled or still happening, but empty. Not the outcome we expected when they were announced.

What were the prices like for the shows that are already on sale? (Argentina, Colombia, Mexico) Were they also that incredibly high, or more like "normal" expensive? And did any of those shows sell extra "early entry" tickets? Or is it just Brazil?

Muse in Mexico is exaclty R$309,91 (already converted)

Yeah, I don't think Dom wanted to come across like a jerk, his questions seemed sincere enough. Right now, I'm really worried the concerts are going to flop, either being cancelled or still happening, but empty. Not the outcome we expected when they were announced.
Oh, I'm sure he didn't want to come across as a jerk but in fact he did? So, he's being sincerely careless – good for him?!

What were the prices like for the shows that are already on sale? (Argentina, Colombia, Mexico) Were they also that incredibly high, or more like "normal" expensive? And did any of those shows sell extra "early entry" tickets? Or is it just Brazil?

for Argentina and Colombia gigs I paid around 100 usd for each ticket.

even in my country (Argentina) were cheaper than Brazil, we have an awful economy,the worst in our region and it's the same producers t4f. I don't understand why Brazil is way more expensive.

It does feel like the band has gotten less and less understanding of people for whom money IS a day to day issue... ironically, while cranking out more and more songs that pander to those same people. :noey:

I doubt the band is aware of every little detail of the tour, they probably delegate production duties to other companies in far countries. It seem in this case, thepeople from the the company they pick for Brazil are greeding bastards.

Is Muse responsability, but hardly their fault.

Edited by Finn.

If Muse can focus on world issues they need to begin by focussing on their own. If the gig goes ahead without them realising and correcting the issue here, then it's a very sad day to be a Muse fan. Because regardless of the quality of music they are making, they are always pretty awesome live (excluding R1BW) and they can't be ignorant to this sort of thing. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt right now, that they're unaware, but Dom Anderson knows so they'll know, eventually.