Muse BR is not going to buy tickets

Lucas Quintanilha

The band is making a nice profit out of these “small” gigs and that's one of the reasons why the tickets are so expensive. T4F might not have a garanteed profit, but Muse will definately leave Brazil with a lot of money in their bank accounts.

Its easy to say “We've always tried to keep prices as low as we can so people can come and watch us ”, but when it comes to charging less to play a gig it doesn't seem that easy.The band already knows about the prices, but they don't seem really interested in doing something about it. Charging a minimum wage for a concert will never be reasonable. And that “early entry” is something that I would expect from 30 seconds to mars, not from Muse.

Come on, you're comparing

to

?

Looking over setlist.fm, these are tiny venues and judging by their set designs, a tiny fraction of the labor.

Muse has like a hundred people, several stage trucks and they're booking 15,000-20,000 person arenas and even then, these shows aren't that profitable. I'd say accounting for expenses, Muse and *insert band playing tiny theaters* are charging about the same. If they're not cheap, they're reasonable and justified at the very least.

http://www.gigwise.com/news/77190/muse-fail-to-break-even-after-expensive-tours

So a ticket cost should rise because the band chose to use expensive props? That makes no sense imo.

What about their club shows. Wasn't the Psycho UK tour like 50 pounds? For a 16 songs gig? C'mon now.

Most concerts at the scale of Muse's I've been to have cost more for comparable sections.

Radiohead were €15 less here. Longer set. Though their UK prices are higher, for some reason.

What about their club shows. Wasn't the Psycho UK tour like 50 pounds? For a 16 songs gig? C'mon now.

IIRC, it was around £35-£40 for the actual ticket and then a little bit more for added expenses (can't remember what they were though) which took it up to around £45. Did feel a bit expensive but not by too much.

IIRC, it was around £35-£40 for the actual ticket and then a little bit more for added expenses (can't remember what they were though) which took it up to around £45. Did feel a bit expensive but not by too much.

Well I count the full price, not what they claim the "ticket price" is.

Well I count the full price, not what they claim the "ticket price" is.

If you're talking about "handling" "building fees" etc - that's set by the ticket sellers and venues, at least in the US.

Band's management has nothing to do with it other then scheduling the venue, and it's why I paid $75 per ticket and $55 per ticket for shows on the same tour in the same general area.

With BR, it seems the base price of the ticket is incredibly high to begin with, and it's unclear if the "early access" is something set up by the venue or not.

I guess you really can't say $40-70 is "cheap" but it's certainly in line with or cheaper than other acts of the same size.

Whether or not someone thinks it's "fair" a band charges more for expensive stage props, it's going to happen. Band isn't going to keep doing it if they lose money, and it's clear some bands, like Muse, apparently feel like they can't draw the crowds without the bullshit. Maybe that's true.

But, I'm not going to sit here and complain about a $70 ticket to a gig in comparison to the insane shit going on in Brazil right now.

And yes, I would absolutely pay a few extra bucks (even though, before someone bitches, I am in fact quite struggling with money) so someone doesn't have to pay a month's wages for a chance to have some fun.

A quick Google earlier this week said $70 is what the decent seats cost to see Imagine Dragons at the Brooklyn Barclays Center before booking fees etc. Still less than comparable seats for Nicki Minaj and Motley Crue (yes I Googled their prices). But its no shit to say different acts charge different prices.

In terms of the Psycho Tour, I have heard you can charge relatively higher ticket prices for smaller venues due to the supply & demand question - for example, U2's booking agents have said they can have a further run of cheap tickets in stadiums simply because there's more seats to sell, hence why tickets are pricier for their current arena tour than they were for the 360 Tour. Ergo, its not out of the question to think Muse's Psycho Tour shows were pricier for that reason. Hell, to further the idea, the standing at the Emirates Stadium on the Unsustainable Tour was cheaper than it was for standing at the O2 Arena the previous year. (I paid roughly £55 for the Emirates Stadium gig, while £65 is roughly what standing at the 2012 O2 Arena shows cost, although my ticket was a behind the stage one at half the price).

Compared with Fabri's line, I enjoyed the Brighton show and found it an extremely fun experience, even if it coulda been a smidge logner. The most underwhelmed I've been was when I paid £65 ($101) to see Arctic Monkeys last summer, and the set was the same number of tracks than the one I'd seen for £20 less at Earls Court the previous autumn, but with shitter songs chosen.

Come on, you're comparing

to

?

Looking over setlist.fm, these are tiny venues and judging by their set designs, a tiny fraction of the labor.

Muse has like a hundred people, several stage trucks and they're booking 15,000-20,000 person arenas and even then, these shows aren't that profitable. I'd say accounting for expenses, Muse and *insert band playing tiny theaters* are charging about the same. If they're not cheap, they're reasonable and justified at the very least.

http://www.gigwise.com/news/77190/muse-fail-to-break-even-after-expensive-tours

wo wo slow down.

I'm very well aware of the numbers you've mentioned.I was comparing it to the psycho uk tour.

This Tuesday, Muse fans in Brazil were surprised by the exorbitant prices announced by T4F for the upcoming gigs in October, only a day before the pre-sale date. They want to make money out of our love for a band that denounces the evils of capitalism… Our monthly minimum wage in Brazil is exactly R$ 788,00. A premium ticket at the floor level in Rio de Janeiro is priced at R$ 700,00. Plus what the most loyal fans might pay for the absurd invention called “early entry”, a meager R$ 300,00 extra to get to the barrier first. Are there cheaper seats? Yes. Far away from the stage. In short, if you want to get near the band, you’ll have to spend an amount of money which is not in keeping with the country’s average income, not by a long shot, coming close to the monthly income of many Brazilians. Thus, premium tickets will not be for the biggest fans, but for the richest.

Are we buying tickets to see the same band that wrote “ANIMALS”, exposing capitalism’s limitless greed, which will trample on anyone and anything for more profit? It’s become hard to accept the contradiction. MUSE must have their eyes opened for the abusive prices being imposed on their Brazilian fans.

In face of all this, our team at the MUSEBR fan club informs that we will put off our decision to go to the gigs in Brazil, to show our indignation at these prices, which are far removed from our reality. Not even tickets to bands like U2, Arctic Monkeys, Pearl Jam or Queen have cost as much. We want more than anyone else for our favorite band to come to Brazil and enjoy mainstream fame here. We work towards that goal for free, and we were prepared to be partners in the promotion of the events, helping attract the largest public possible to the gigs in Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo. Unfortunately, what T4F accomplished with their “business strategy” was to disencourage even the most faithful fans. We make a point of being respected as customers, and not being ripped off and made fools of because we follow our favorite band. Let everyone who hears the reason in our arguments hold out and wait for a statement from T4F regarding their prohibitive prices before you buy your tickets.

http://www.musebr.com/05/2015/nota-da-equipe-sobre-os-valores-dos-ingressos/

I was only aware of the tickets price last week - my life has been quite crazy, and since we shutdown Muse Brasil, I got a little away from the band events and such.

Mate, you bet on me that we'd supported you on this.

Add to that the gig will be in fucking Barra da Tijuca, which basically means: a hell to reach there, a hell to get out of there.

I have no idea but don't prices depend on demand? I find suprising they're playing such a small venue in Rio for example.

Either way if Muse goes through with it they lost my respect.

The demand factor is one of the cheap excuse producers use here. "People aren't buying tickets, so we are raising the price" - but if you are raising the price, less people will be able to afford that.

Lindsay Sterling played here this year and her tickets were a absurd too. Same t4f, if I'm not mistaken.

Can anybody translate what was said?

Can you point me which tweets?

Without a valid excuse?

Matt was sick, had something to do with his throat. He played Lollapalooza with a sore throat, but they had to cancel the solo gig which was three or two days before.

Sorry if someone already told you. I've stopped reading on page 6.

If you're talking about "handling" "building fees" etc - that's set by the ticket sellers and venues, at least in the US.

Band's management has nothing to do with it other then scheduling the venue, and it's why I paid $75 per ticket and $55 per ticket for shows on the same tour in the same general area.

With BR, it seems the base price of the ticket is incredibly high to begin with, and it's unclear if the "early access" is something set up by the venue or not.

Is totally by the venue. The same way they charge you a "convenience fee" because you bought it on the internet - even if it is not going to be delivered at your door and you have to pick it up yourself.

This fee is just another way they've found to extort and exploit people. And this may stick around, since T4F is one of the main producers here. 10 years ago or less, they started with this "premium floor" section, which was not a common thing to do. Now, every concert has a "premium floor", which is substantially closer to the stage and is usually filled with random people, sub-celebrities, people invited, and a few fans who could afford those tickets.

This happens to almost every band concert. Ah, and most concerts here are set on "standing venues".

The bottle line is that we know there are people who is going to pay for these. I'm not judging anyone here, though I think they only feed the greed producers doing it so.

"They will pay, they always do." - that's their moto.

I was going to write a lot, but most of what I'd say was already said. I will only add one thing about a personal feeling:

It is sad to think that I paid R$180 on my first gig, back in 2008, right there in São Paulo, and more or less 250 for the Rock in Rio in 2013, WHICH WAS A FESTIVAL!! And now, to think that I have to pay R$250 to watch it form a shit place is really frustrating. Also, gigs for me are like going to a football match: the experience has a lot to do with being in the crowd feeling its energy.

If this has already being posted, excuse me. But bellow you can see Rio's venue map:

sfx7796.jpg

Well, in Hong Kong, Muse's gig is one of the cheapest. Even the Pet Shop and the fucking bs K-pop stars are more expensive than Muse.

Demand and supply I guess? Lets wait to see if this is sold out(which I would guess not, given the issues with T4F).