Muse BR is not going to buy tickets

Lucas Quintanilha

After seeing all the posts on FB, I decided to check out the ticket prices for the Brazil gigs.

I see half price fan club tickets for around R$ 160,00, that's about £33. Is it muse.mu fans or something else?

Am I the only one who saw that t4f twetted ";)" to MuseBR?

Ugh. Those assholes! :mad:

If Muse can focus on world issues they need to begin by focusing on their own. If the gig goes ahead without them realising and correcting the issue here, then it's a very sad day to be a Muse fan. Because regardless of the quality of music they are making, they are always pretty awesome live (excluding R1BW) and they can't be ignorant to this sort of thing. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt right now, that they're unaware, but Dom Anderson knows so they'll know, eventually.

Exactly. This is all very disappointing.

After seeing all the posts on FB, I decided to check out the ticket prices for the Brazil gigs.

I see half price fan club tickets for around R$ 160,00, that's about £33. Is it muse.mu fans or something else?

Remember that what may be cheap for europeans (or others) may not be cheap for brazilians. We live in a Third World country, our wages are not that high :/

Half price is for students (that can prove that they are students), who isnt a student pay R$320,00 for a bad session in venue.

Yeah but if there's 20k people buying tickets for a 80k venue the prices gotta go down?

Allianz Arena has capacity of 50k in concerts. Allianz Arena is located in São Paulo. With good prices (not that expensive nor cheap) it would have 30k~35k people on concert day. Imagine how many people will be there with these VERY expensive prices. São Paulo is the rock capital of Brasil

Same for Rio: HSBC Arena has capacity of 18k. with good prices it would have 8k~12k. Imagine how many people will be there with these VERY expensive prices.

I'm Brazilian, I'm from Rio. I know the fan base around here

They HAVE to lower these prices.

Allianz Arena has capacity of 50k in concerts. Allianz Arena is located in São Paulo. With good prices (not that expensive nor cheap) it would have 30k~35k people on concert day. Imagine how many people will be there with these VERY expensive prices. São Paulo is the rock capital of Brasil

Same for Rio: HSBC Arena has capacity of 18k. with good prices it would have 8k~12k. Imagine how many people will be there with these VERY expensive prices.

I'm Brazilian, I'm from Rio. I know the fan base around here

They HAVE to lower these prices.

Do you know why there is such a big venue difference? That HSBC Arena doesn't even look it can hold 10k.

Do you know why there is such a big venue difference? That HSBC Arena doesn't even look it can hold 10k.

Muse is not famous in Brasil as in Europe. In 2008 after a sold out Wembley Stadium, they sold 2,5k tickets for Rio and 6k tickets for São Paulo. São Paulo has 12 million habitants, while Rio has 6 million....

I think that's the proportion they take to choose the venue around here.

That is despicable... This is a real company...?

And I thought the company I worked for was part of the axis of evil...

Yep it has the blue tick on Twitter which means it's official, and you can tell by the angry outbursts that followed. Well at least we now know where muse get their inspiration for the concepts :/ truly corrupt

That is despicable... This is a real company...?

And I thought the company I worked for was part of the axis of evil...

Can anybody translate what was said?

Don't tell me you work at FedEx too...

EDIT: Nevermind..It was just a wink face. That is dickish.

Think this tells us all we need to know about who's behind the absurd ticket prices for Brazil... Unbelievable

That's absolutely ridiculous. You would think their social media director would be less of a moron, makes them off as some sort of James Bond villain.

I just can't believe the band or at least management haven't done anything to oppose this tbh.

I really hope this gets campaign gets lots of exposure in music media, especially if Muse/Muse management fail to provide any response to the fans concerns. It is truly awful, especially coming from a band that supposedly dislikes the greed of the capitalist system.

Even the psycho UK tour was way more expensive than it should have been. Unfortunately promotion and events companies get to say a lot more than the bands do.

It wasn't that bad I thought, a bit expensive, but nothing to lose sleep over. These prices are ridiculous

Usually bands are fairly left in the dark with this sort of thing, but sounds like they'll be made aware of it soon, however, it does seem like it is the t4f promoters fault, especially if they are even taunting fans about it :mad:

Cunts, basically.