Muse BR is not going to buy tickets

Lucas Quintanilha

True, Dom A. doesn't personally set ticket prices and it's likely out of his control as well. When the US had the "VIP" tickets last tour, those were pretty considerably expensive, yet still nowhere even near the highest regular ticket in Brazil. All they'd have to do is set that up again and it could easily make up the cost.

T4F does not sound like a company that anyone should willingly do business with, after reading how they handled (or didn't) the refunds from last year's canceled São Paulo show. Shady. I complain about Live Nation/Ticketmaster way too much it seems.

When the US had the "VIP" tickets last tour, those were pretty considerably expensive, yet still nowhere even near the highest regular ticket in Brazil.

That, and they weren't for GA, so it was truly optional and didn't interfere with people on the floor. I think it's wrong to charge an early entry price for GA on top of the already extravagant price.

You guys are being really rough on Dom Anderson, imagine waking up to a ton of tweets complaining about prices and looking up prices for similar bands in a similar venue.

I disagree. He's the tour manager so should be partly to blame. The fact that he shrugged his shoulders and said 'its the same price as such and such', is also pathetic and inconsiderate.

True, Dom A. doesn't personally set ticket prices and it's likely out of his control as well. ...

T4F does not sound like a company that anyone should willingly do business with.....

I'm sure there's a link between those two...

Jesus, I thought you guys were exaggerating a bit with this company, fucking hell

Someone already mentioned earlier that that tweet was made minutes after the tour announcement, so rather a nudge that there was a tour rather than having a dig at anyone.

How many people didn't get their refunds for that intimate gig in Sao Paulo last year?

I'm not really sure. The Facebook event that was created to coordinate the whole lawsuit has 52 people. Probably a couple dozens more. I'm not sure what happened since, but I'd think almost no one saw their money back.

That may seem like it's not a big deal, but the venue only had a couple hundred people capacity, and probably most of them went to the Lollapalooza concert, since the unused tickets were valid for the festival.

Edited by HagBR

"I'd say the biggest issue is that the band is not really popular here in Brazil. Sure, there are quite a lot of fans, but spread all over the country. These prices guarantee the concerts will be pretty much empty, because even though a lot of us Brazilians could afford these prices, we'd also have to factor in travel expenses. The promoter is asking for 222 dollars, plus 41 bucks for "service fee" (nothing), plus 3 dollars if you want to PRINT YOUR TICKET AT HOME. Still, even if you pay that much, you'll probably stay far behind, since people will be paying this extra 95 dollars for early access. Total: 361 dollars.

That's 160 dollars more than I paid last year to go to both days of Lollapalooza Brazil, where I watched Muse and 10 other bands. And it's the same promoter."

^

Taken from Reddit

This is really fucking bad. What the hell. It can't be that expensive to transport gear from a South American country to another South American country and play an arena show.

Was it nearly as bad last tour and are the tickets themselves obscene or is it just the tickets in addition to the "early access"?

"I'd say the biggest issue is that the band is not really popular here in Brazil. Sure, there are quite a lot of fans, but spread all over the country. These prices guarantee the concerts will be pretty much empty, because even though a lot of us Brazilians could afford these prices, we'd also have to factor in travel expenses. The promoter is asking for 222 dollars, plus 41 bucks for "service fee" (nothing), plus 3 dollars if you want to PRINT YOUR TICKET AT HOME. Still, even if you pay that much, you'll probably stay far behind, since people will be paying this extra 95 dollars for early access. Total: 361 dollars.

That's 160 dollars more than I paid last year to go to both days of Lollapalooza Brazil, where I watched Muse and 10 other bands. And it's the same promoter."

^

Taken from Reddit

This is really fucking bad. What the hell. It can't be that expensive to transport gear from a South American country to another South American country and play an arena show.

Was it nearly as bad last tour and are the tickets themselves obscene or is it just the tickets in addition to the "early access"?

Last tour we didn't had solo gigs, just festivals and openning for U2..the last time they came solo was in 2008 and my friends said the tickets had a great price, very cheap

Sorry for my awful english :LOL:

Why did Muse use T4F again then? Are they the only ticket company that can serve to their level in Brazil? Whole thing strikes me as bizarre.

Again, Dom's Pearl Jam comment is what is stopping me back the band right now. It seems naive from all angles. Bearing in mind they cancelled their last gigs in Brazil the band should be showing Brazilian fans a little more love than most other places.

Last tour we didn't had solo gigs, just festivals and openning for U2..the last time they came solo was in 2008 and my friends said the tickets had a great price, very cheap

Sorry for my awful english :LOL:

2008: The year I watched Muse for 30 reais (10 dollars). Good times.

Why did Muse use T4F again then? Are they the only ticket company that can serve to their level in Brazil? Whole thing strikes me as bizarre.

Again, Dom's Pearl Jam comment is what is stopping me back the band right now. It seems naive from all angles. Bearing in mind they cancelled their last gigs in Brazil the band should be showing Brazilian fans a little more love than most other places.

We've got at least Live Nation and another big events promoter here. What strikes me as weird is that huge price spike. I went to Lollapalooza Brazil last year too, and it really was a lot cheaper than the current prices.

And yeah, we could have done without that Pearl Jam comment. It's not like it's a better established band, with a longer carreer and a lot more fans. And people are complaining about their ticket pricing too!

Just for the sake of comparison, here are the values for some Live Nation gigs that will take place in São Paulo this year, all prices being the most expensive ticket available:

Slipknot: US$ 165,00

System of a Down: US$ 165,00

Katy Perry: US$ 184,00

Queen + Adam Lambert: US$ 187,00

Rod Stewart: US$ 248,00 (yep, this one is extremely expensive, but not as much as Muse, and it's going to be in a small venue)

Yeah, I don't think Dom wanted to come across like a jerk, his questions seemed sincere enough. Right now, I'm really worried the concerts are going to flop, either being cancelled or still happening, but empty. Not the outcome we expected when they were announced.

I think Muse should cancel them temporarily and go to a different promoter. May not be easy but worth a try.

Do you know why there is such a big venue difference? That HSBC Arena doesn't even look it can hold 10k.

HSBC just looks like a bad venue in general.

In 2011 Iron Maiden played there. The security couldn't be arsed to put up a proper barrier and that resulted in the barrier breaking little into the first song. They then had to cancel the rest of the gig becuse they couldn't fix it. They then played a full gig the following night because this time they had a better barrier.

Here's a video of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEG7EtKuz4Q

I think Dom will manage, at the end of the day he is responsible for negotiating these contracts.

I appreciate your help, it's very nice to support brazilian musers, but we can't flood his timeline. Dom is the only person involved in this situation that can really help us, if he gets angry... prices will remain the same, and they'll keep selling "early entry"

I'm angry too, last year I traveled to see Muse, but they canceled the gig... I lost $1000 (no refund after a year), and to see them this year I'll have to buy those extremely expensive tickets. But we need to stay calm to deal with this

wait they didn't refund the cancelled gig?

Most people got their money back, but I wasn't lucky enough. Sent several emails to Tickets For Fun, they said that they would refund the tickets, hotel and flight tickets, just asked me to scan everything. I scanned, then they ask me to send everything in .pdf... after that they started to ignore my emails.

I entered a lawsuit against tickets4fun, the only hope of getting my money back

Most people got their money back, but I wasn't lucky enough. Sent several emails to Tickets For Fun, they said that they would refund the tickets, hotel and flight tickets, just asked me to scan everything. I scanned, then they ask me to send everything in .pdf... after that they started to ignore my emails.

I entered a lawsuit against tickets4fun, the only hope of getting my money back

oh wow. really sorry to hear that. Hope you can sort it out soon. That's just ridiculous :(

I think Muse should cancel them temporarily and go to a different promoter. May not be easy but worth a try.

Yeah, I'd say that would be nigh impossible. This kind of negotiation probably takes a long time, and they'd be without venues all over again. Don't think that is logistically or financially possible now. We'll just wait and see what happens, but I'm not feeling very optimistic about this...

I don't think Dom A has helped himself with the Pearl Jam comment and I do think he must have some knowledge of the ticket price, but maybe not as much as I assumed. I assumed negotiations between the promoters and band management got the price set as part of the negotiations as to who gets what share, but if the promoters have more control over it, then maybe my thoughts were wrong. There's a certain limitation to Twitter as it robs the words of voice tone, and we can't tell if he's talking inquisitively, sarcastically or some other way.

Either way, T4F look like a pretty horrible group, and it will be a good thing if Dom A helps the people sueing for their ticket cash not refunded. But even so, I mean, if Muse were charging that much, I'd want them playing a 3/4 hour set in a local bar, not some big-ass stadium. The fact its more expensive than festivals is pretty insulting.

Its also pretty big for this that the fan anger has made O Globo.