2015.05.08 - Webster Hall, New York, NY, US

Victoroy

I was able to get tickets during the presale. There is a good chance that I won't be able to find anyone to go with me, so I'll have an extra ticket. But they're non-transferable, so whoever wants to buy it would have to buy it from me when we get there and go in with me.

hello, very generous offer. I have been a huge Muse fan for years. I am a reliable NYC resident and would love to go. Certainly willing to pay a reasonable extra fee and/or buy drinks. Please let me know and thanks

Just got a ticket using the B code!

Will be driving up from NC to see this show. What time would be recommend getting there?

NC? As in North Carolina? I'm coming from North Carolina as well. But I'm planning on flying, staying in NYC for a couple days, and then flying back to Florida. Are you just going to NYC for the day?

Question for you all. Is anyone staying at a hotel in NYC before or after the show that I could possibly stay with? I want to spend a couple days in the city, but I haven't made any arrangements yet (aside from the flight into NYC). The first time I traveled to see Muse, I shared a hotel room with some folks from the forum; I wouldn't mind doing that again.

NC? As in North Carolina? I'm coming from North Carolina as well. But I'm planning on flying, staying in NYC for a couple days, and then flying back to Florida. Are you just going to NYC for the day?

Yep! I'm driving up with my brother the the day before the show. I'm originally from Connecticut, so I have family who live up there. Going to stay with them on Thursday and try to get to the city as early as possible on Friday. My brother didn't want to see the show, but wants to mosey around the city. After the show I have to head back so that I can help my Aunt (as a favor for letting me stay with her) with her flower deliveries. It's supposedly the busiest weekend for them, since it's Mother's Day weekend.

So, long story short, yep, i'm driving up and will be in the city for the entire day on Friday. Unfortunately won't be able to stay any longer. It's good to know I'm not the only Muse fan in NC! Sometimes it feels like I am, haha.

Does anyone know how they usually check the credit cards for entry? Do I just need to show it to them or does it have to be scanned or something?

I'm asking because my number was stolen two days before I bought the tickets, so I had to close down that card. I'm guessing it's not a problem if I still bring that card, but since that number's not in use anymore, I don't know.

Does anyone know how they usually check the credit cards for entry? Do I just need to show it to them or does it have to be scanned or something?

I'm asking because my number was stolen two days before I bought the tickets, so I had to close down that card. I'm guessing it's not a problem if I still bring that card, but since that number's not in use anymore, I don't know.

I highly doubt they would scan or make you pass the card, just bringing it, ragardless of if it's active or not

It's technically not paperless so they will be looking, not scanning. I think even if they did have the paperless scanners that it would still go through OK since I think it just reads to match the number, not check for validity.

Yea I have been through situations for paperless where they swipe the card and it basically just looks up the number in the system and counts that as your tickets.

When you go to will call, they ask for you CC and ID and just compare to what is on record before handing over the tickets. They may do a mish/mash of this so that people can't show up get their tickets and then sell them.

Yea I have been through situations for paperless where they swipe the card and it basically just looks up the number in the system and counts that as your tickets.

When you go to will call, they ask for you CC and ID and just compare to what is on record before handing over the tickets. They may do a mish/mash of this so that people can't show up get their tickets and then sell them.

It's supposed to be immediate entry to prevent this. I've been to a Radiohead show where it was the same deal and there was no stepping back out once they handed you the ticket.

So more seriously, we should start getting everyone to spam a specific song at band members in hopes we might get it?

Do we have a single target to aim for? We can pretty much guarantee anything with a Piano is a no go, as they didn't even have one on the Psycho Tour.

Assassin?

So more seriously, we should start getting everyone to spam a specific song at band members in hopes we might get it?

Do we have a single target to aim for? We can pretty much guarantee anything with a Piano is a no go, as they didn't even have one on the Psycho Tour.

Assassin?

I wanted to spam Glorious, but some people think it's over rated. :phu:

I am more reliable. I would love more to go. If something about the person below makes you wary, vote for giving me the ticket!

(kidding, don't want to undermine the person who saw this first and responded first!)

hello, very generous offer. I have been a huge Muse fan for years. I am a reliable NYC resident and would love to go. Certainly willing to pay a reasonable extra fee and/or buy drinks. Please let me know and thanks
Edited by spotpea

I go to a zillion shows at Webster, as recently as the Modest Mouse show, which was a similar, although smaller CF. When the show is 100% will call, there are two people who work the door with paper lists. No scanning. I've seen people get in with ID only (like my Amex was replaced once and they didn't give me crap because at least I had ID) and I have seen them turn away people with photocopies of cards when people got all "you can't tell me I can't come in, I have a copy of the ID these were purchased with" and were generally rude. I was behind two kids who had mom's card and ID and the kid had her own ID so that worked for them.

I was also behind someone who read the list upside down gave a name with a 1 next to it and said their girlfriend had their ID in her purse inside. He commented as he went inside that whoever the person was who he pretended to be was going to be pissed. He may have been screwing around though, I actually felt more like he was a friend of the guy at the door and it was for show for the other door person so his friend could get in.

The long and short of it is there are two people in charge of the process and if it starts going downhill, being 1000% apologetic and asking what you can do is going to help get you past them Being a demanding dick and starting a pissing match is going to insure you don't get in. Welcome to NYC.

I go to a zillion shows at Webster, as recently as the Modest Mouse show, which was a similar, although smaller CF. When the show is 100% will call, there are two people who work the door with paper lists. No scanning. I've seen people get in with ID only (like my Amex was replaced once and they didn't give me crap because at least I had ID) and I have seen them turn away people with photocopies of cards when people got all "you can't tell me I can't come in, I have a copy of the ID these were purchased with" and were generally rude. I was behind two kids who had mom's card and ID and the kid had her own ID so that worked for them.

I was also behind someone who read the list upside down gave a name with a 1 next to it and said their girlfriend had their ID in her purse inside. He commented as he went inside that whoever the person was who he pretended to be was going to be pissed. He may have been screwing around though, I actually felt more like he was a friend of the guy at the door and it was for show for the other door person so his friend could get in.

The long and short of it is there are two people in charge of the process and if it starts going downhill, being 1000% apologetic and asking what you can do is going to help get you past them Being a demanding dick and starting a pissing match is going to insure you don't get in. Welcome to NYC.

I called Webster on Tuesday. My mom screwed up the ticket order and the tickets are under her name. The man on the phone said I need to bring the CC she used and a copy of her ID. I was relieved to hear that.

Thanks for that

Out of curiosity, did you actually have the amex card with you or did you get in without it? I imagine cards also expire frequently enough for them not to make a big deal over it anyway.

if it starts going downhill, being 1000% apologetic and asking what you can do is going to help get you past them Being a demanding dick and starting a pissing match is going to insure you don't get in. Welcome to NYC.

:LOL: great advice overall